For $1 million, would you...

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Pastore

Diamond Member
Feb 9, 2000
Originally posted by: uhohs
Originally posted by: 3cho
the elevator idea so far is the best. chilling in the shaft, but how many elevators have removable ceiling panels that you can get out of?

how many lions know how to press elevator buttons?

Would you bet your life on them not being able to do it (by figuring it out or by accident)?

Pastore

Diamond Member
Feb 9, 2000
Originally posted by: funboy42
In a heartbeat I would be all ovre this for the chance to helo my situation. Wgere does i=one sign uo. By the end of the night I would have all of them sleeping like ababy right next to after I gave then the pills I am on :)
Provided I get to bring them with my which I cannot see why I coulndt becaus I woud need to live on in the firstplace. Oh that and my chair so I can have a rolling chace of gettimg away from them :).

Can you roll at 30+ mph??? lol

Revolution09

Mar 12, 2006
only thing I'd be really worried about is the lions spawning next to me :p (or even just one...)

otherwise I'd do it :D

Glavinsolo

Platinum Member
Sep 2, 2004
I'd just hang out in the food court and offer them bourban chicken...no animal can resist it. Probably taste better than me

chambersc

Diamond Member
Feb 11, 2005
Originally posted by: Pastore
Originally posted by: uhohs
Originally posted by: 3cho
the elevator idea so far is the best. chilling in the shaft, but how many elevators have removable ceiling panels that you can get out of?

how many lions know how to press elevator buttons?

Would you bet your life on them not being able to do it (by figuring it out or by accident)?

yes, i would.

BurnItDwn

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Do I get at least my lighter and a pocketknife when i "spawn" ?
Is there a hardware store or liquor in the mall?

If the answer to those two is a yes, then my answer to the initial question is a yes.

It would be pretty easy to stay alive assuming I was able to get a fire going and keep it lit for the entire duration. Lions (like pretty much all animals) are terrified of fire.

I'd start by just taking my lighter and lighting some papers on fire. I'd use the papers to get some cardboard going. I'd then carry around with me burning paper/cardboard in the mean time. I'd be on the lookout for a broom or something with a long handle. Then I'd take a shirt or something, and wrap the fabric around the end of the shaft. Then I'd go to the hardware store or liquor store in the mall. I'd pour some flamible liquid from the hardware store (or high proof flamible spirits from the Liquor store) onto the cloth at the end of the stick and then light it.

Now that I'd have my torch, I'd look for a well ventilated area, perhaps there are skylights above the main lobby, I bet throwing a brick would probably break the glass, Or I would go near one of the entrances and break all the glass in the doors and windows, I'd gather up some wooden fixtures, furnature from the furnature store, etc until I had enough to fuel a fire for a long time, and enough to build a ring of fire around me, to keep myself safe in all directions.

I'd grab a weber grill from the hardware store, some charcoal, and set them aside.

I would then try to figure out how to capture and kill a lion without myself getting injured or killed.
It would be easy to charge at them with a torch and get them to run away, so I'd try to set up some type of a trap. Probably some high voltage exposed wires dangling from above so that when they are facing me, I can run into them with the torch, and they would be scared of the fire, run away, and get shocked by the high voltage and then stunned. Then, the stabbing would ensue.

Upon completion of the stabbing, the lion would be dead. I would drag it's corpse over to the ring of fire, light up the grill, cook some lion flesh, and have a beer.

I think it would be a jolly good time.

It's not something that I would pay a million dollars to do, but I would sure as hell jump at the oportunity to do it for a million dollars.

EDIT: before somebody posts it, yes, I do realize my answer is quite full of holes and also shiat.

funboy6942

Lifer
Nov 13, 2001
Originally posted by: Pastore
Originally posted by: funboy42
In a heartbeat I would be all ovre this for the chance to helo my situation. Wgere does i=one sign uo. By the end of the night I would have all of them sleeping like ababy right next to after I gave then the pills I am on :)
Provided I get to bring them with my which I cannot see why I coulndt becaus I woud need to live on in the firstplace. Oh that and my chair so I can have a rolling chace of gettimg away from them :).

Can you roll at 30+ mph??? lol

No but Im sure with what I am taking and it gets intoo thier system they wont be doing much over 5 crawling :)

ShOcKwAvE827

Jul 28, 2001
there's also a chance the mall doesn't have enough spawn points and the lions will all worldspawn eachother. Then you only have to take on 1 lion... I'd do it!

anxi80

Lifer
Jul 7, 2002
Originally posted by: letdown427
Originally posted by: mjuszczak
I would
Yeh, then we'd get bi-daily YAMLTs for the next year. :p
"the lion wants me to lie next to it and rub its belly while it sleeps, but i want more than that... any advice??"

TecHNooB

Diamond Member
Sep 10, 2005
Find the nearest bathroom, lay against the door, and, in exactly 8 hours, you can say hello to that one mil.

chambersc

Diamond Member
Feb 11, 2005
Originally posted by: TecHNooB
Find the nearest bathroom, lay against the door, and, in exactly 8 hours, you can say hello to that one mil.

yeah cause 10 lions don't weigh more than you, right?

TecHNooB

Diamond Member
Sep 10, 2005
Originally posted by: chambersc

yeah cause 10 lions don't weigh more than you, right?

10 female lions working together to get my sorry ass? Not a chance~

TecHNooB

Diamond Member
Sep 10, 2005
Originally posted by: letdown427
What door?

The one I built out of legoes of course~

jlee

Lifer
Sep 12, 2001
How do you have a locked up mall with no doors?

:confused:

And if they can find a way to get ten lions in, I'm sure I could find a way to bring my .45. Sure, I broke a rule..tough. :p

Darthvoy

Golden Member
Aug 3, 2004
fvked that. you guys are pvssies. I would kill them with my own hands. That's how real men do it

Juno

Lifer
Jul 3, 2004
Originally posted by: irishScott
Find elevator, send elevator to top floor, break control panal, find hatch, hang out in elevator shaft.

you beat it to me.