For $1 million, would you...

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

iroast

Golden Member
May 5, 2005
Most definitely. I can just carry a spear and a spiked club, climb up a pole/tree and sit up there. If they try to climb up, jab, jab, jab.

irishScott

Lifer
Oct 10, 2006
Originally posted by: 3cho
Originally posted by: irishScott
the elevator idea so far is the best. chilling in the shaft, but how many elevators have removable ceiling panels that you can get out of?

You still have access to the hardware store ;)

a philips-head screwdriver wont do you any good. lions are way too fast.

Uh, circular saw anyone? Also, just get a decent weapon (chain saw, anything sharp on the end of a stick). The elevator entrance is a bottle neck, easy to defend while you work.

irishScott

Lifer
Oct 10, 2006
Originally posted by: jimbob200521
Anyone who thought of hiding in the elevators; won't work. In the OP, it states that the mall has no doors. Elevator - doors = fish in a barrel.

The idea is that you find the escape hatch (which the lions can't fit through), and hang out in the shaft at the top floor. (And break the control panal so the lions can't push buttons)

OrganizedChaos

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2002
stops elevator between two floors and takes a nap.

even without doors the lion won't be able to fit.

yowolabi

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2001
What makes people think the lions won't spawn in front of them before they reach the elevator/climbing spot?

I can't spend a million dollars when i'm dead, so it's a no go.

uhohs

Diamond Member
Oct 29, 2005
the elevator idea so far is the best. chilling in the shaft, but how many elevators have removable ceiling panels that you can get out of?

how many lions know how to press elevator buttons?

latino666

Golden Member
Sep 27, 2005
Originally posted by: theknight571
If they were Detroit Lions... cause then I'm guaranteed a win. :p LOL

OUCH!!!

I would do it. You would just have to make sure to take out a couple first. If they get in a pack you are pretty much boned.

EDIT: Also I would try to make a body shield of sharp objects. Something like the Pinhead's head but just all over my body with bigger sharper things.

randomlinh

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
linh.wordpress.com
Originally posted by: latino666
EDIT: Also I would try to make a body shield of sharp objects. Something like the Pinhead's head but just all over my body with bigger sharper things.

and when you finally finished making it, a lion would maul you from behind

b0mbrman

Lifer
Jun 1, 2001
Originally posted by: jimbob200521
Spend a night (8 hours) in a large mall with 10 lions.

You start in the most central point of the mall, and the lions are instantly randomly "spawned" at 10 random locations in the mall..

There are no doors of any sort in this mall. Not even cupboard doors, so you can't lock yourself away.

These aren't the sort of lions you can make your friend by throwing them a piece of meat from the butchers.

On the 8th hour, lions instantly dissapear and you get the $1M.

HOLDUP!!!
You have no guns/crossbows!

You can use knives, baseball bats. Whatever, no firearms. You're alone in a locked up mall.

Remember, 10 fully grown female (more deadly than the males) WILD lions, who want to MESS YOU UP!

They want to mess me up more than a normal lion would?

oogabooga

Diamond Member
Jan 14, 2003
if by hungry lions you mean horny coeds from a local college i'd have to think about it but i'm sure i could bring myself to accept the challenge.

however if by hungy lions, you meant hungry lions - i'm thinking my chances of survival would be pretty low. So i'll have to decline.

yuchai

Aug 24, 2004
No. Even if you start off in the safest spot of the mall you can still get telefragged.

Jeeebus

Diamond Member
Aug 29, 2006
with 10 lions spawning randomly in any average size mall (I'm not talking Mall of America here), I'd say there's way over a 75% chance that a lion would spawn within 50 yards of where you're standing. Assuming a lion running speed of 37mph (see wikipedia), that means a hungry lion on top of you in three seconds.

By the time you even think "Maybe i should hide in the ele..." you're dead.

lyssword

Diamond Member
Dec 15, 2005
I'd do it if I was there for only 1 minute. They might be able to stitch me up (in case the lions attack during that time) if I'm delivered to a hospital quickly enough :)

anxi80

Lifer
Jul 7, 2002
i would do it because with a million dollars i would invest half of it in glorious mutual funds and take the other half over to my friend asadulah who works in securities...

Turin39789

Lifer
Nov 21, 2000
Would I do this with the mythical only hungry for human lions at this mythical no door mall. When he changes the rules everytime someone comes up with a solution? No

But I'd come by the next day and steal from all the doorless insecure stores and sit in the doorless Victoria's Secret.

FTW