Florida police raid home of former state Covid-19 data scientist

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

nickqt

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2015
B-B-b-b-but she was in complete innocence and definetly didn't try to hide a narrative by covering up the prequel of her video.

What a fucking moron.
n0b0dy, you're on a fucking roll today calling that moron in the mirror a moron.

I can't say that I disagree with ya, champ.

Reactions: Meghan54
Feb 4, 2009
B-B-b-b-but she was in complete innocence and definetly didn't try to hide a narrative by covering up the prequel of her video.

What a fucking moron.

yeah howeverI have to both sides this. The FL State dude was pretty clear about guns not being pointed and he was evasive about guns being drawn. Per the description seems pretty clear guns were drawn.
I find everything about this story strange and kind of pointless.

Reactions: Pohemi
Nov 8, 2012
yeah howeverI have to both sides this. The FL State dude was pretty clear about guns not being pointed and he was evasive about guns being drawn. Per the description seems pretty clear guns were drawn.
I find everything about this story strange and kind of pointless.
Go ahead and both sides it. Unlike the majority of people here as seen by their posts, you're at least halfway reasonable with your assertions and questions.

At this point that is just a golden unicorn rarity. Unlike moronic children such as the person who liked your post and can't make a competent post of a 2 year old.

• Haha

nickqt

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2015
Go ahead and both sides it. Unlike the majority of people here as seen by their posts, you're at least halfway reasonable with your assertions and questions.

At this point that is just a golden unicorn rarity. Unlike moronic children such as the person who liked your post and can't make a competent post of a 2 year old.
n0b0dy is on a god damn streak of screaming hysterically at a mirror and walking away the victor!

Reactions: Meghan54 and Pohemi

Pohemi

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2004

You get from me exactly what you deserve, clown.

Reactions: Meghan54

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013

What a fucking moron.

What are you talking about? The interior video is one she made. The exterior video was just released by the police from their bodycams.

This woman strikes me as an attention seeker so I'm not inclined to take her word on much, but I don't see the coverup you're referring to.

Last edited:

manly

Lifer
Jan 25, 2000
According to our local reports she refused to open the door and hung up on repeated phone calls from the officers outside for almost half an hour. If true, and those things should be verifiable, I could understand why they were extra cautious when entering.
Even if that stuff is true, what's the extra caution about? She's a data scientist being accused of illegally accessing a computer system, not a violent criminal. She's finally at the front door and now they just want to seize her PC and phone. Although it appears that she's somewhat exaggerated the danger they put her family under, what rationale do they have for pointing a gun up the stairwell? Her husband or young boys were about to fly down and assault a LEO? I'm not trying to condone her tactics, but FDLE's annoyance and inconvenience hardly seem like adequate justifications for drawing pistols.

Reactions: pmv

Zorba

Lifer
Oct 22, 1999

What a fucking moron.
Just like the police aren't covering up by only releasing the outside footage...

The truth is usually in the middle of statements. But cops releasing only the bit of footage that casts them in the best light is BS.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Even if that stuff is true, what's the extra caution about? She's a data scientist being accused of illegally accessing a computer system, not a violent criminal. She's finally at the front door and now they just want to seize her PC and phone. Although it appears that she's somewhat exaggerated the danger they put her family under, what rationale do they have for pointing a gun up the stairwell? Her husband or young boys were about to fly down and assault a LEO? I'm not trying to condone her tactics, but FDLE's annoyance and inconvenience hardly seem like adequate justifications for drawing pistols.

I mean, it's FL, crazy armed people are the norm there😉

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Reactions: ch33zw1z and Pohemi

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008

What a fucking moron.

Not sure what your point is. (Though yet again I notice a conservative using the word 'narrative'. Why do you lot love that word so damn much?)

The CNN item just reveals that it took the cops 8 minutes from knocking to actually identify themselves as cops, and that they were indeed wielding firearms, even pointing them at her.

I don't see how taking 15 minutes to answer the door merits waving guns around. Why were they even armed in the first place? Did they worry she'd befuddle them with data? Mad country.

Reactions: Pohemi and hal2kilo

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
I hear something about how the judge who issued the warrant for the raid on Jones was

a) Appointed by DeSantis 3 weeks ago
b) Issuing his first ever warrant, and
c) not even a criminal court judge (Civil only??)

If true... some shady shit is afoot.
I hope she ends up being the owner of Florida... I'm sure there are some lawyers that could make that happen for her.

Reactions: hal2kilo and Pohemi

esquared

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 8, 2000
What? Trump didn't burn evidence of DeSantis's malfeasance? Why would he hold on to something like that? Is that why you guys fall down and genuflect to Trump, so he won't do a data dump on ya?, Huh?

Ron DeSantis sued for withholding White House report slamming his “inadequate” response to COVID | Salon.com

The White House Coronavirus Task Force warned of Florida's "unrelenting community spread and inadequate mitigation"
Another reason for Floridians to recall this gigantic sack-of-shit.

Nov 8, 2012
What are you talking about? The interior video is one she made. The exterior video was just released by the police from their bodycams.

This woman strikes me as an attention seeker so I'm not inclined to take her word on much, but I don't see the coverup you're referring to.

You... Uhhh... You do realize that videos have a beginning, a middle, and end, right?

She UNDOUBTEDLY chose to make her "beginning" narrative based on a specific point of time. It wasn't based on when the conflict started - it was based on specifically when she wanted you - the viewer- to start seeing it.

That alone is worthy of dismissal. Instead of asking the question "What should the viewer know?" the question was instead asked "What do I WANT the viewer to know?"

Of course, the majority here are simply too stupidly inept to understand such concepts though.

Nov 8, 2012

You are an idiot. A complete imbecile idiot.

That is all.

(Yet not surprising in the least).

"OH MY blokes - she is a DATA SCIENTIST~! That means, when she doesn't answer shit - and she doesn't answer the door - that means she is SUPER DUPER SM4rt and we shouldn't force our way in!"

Christ, the IQ factor here really has gone down-hill.

manly

Lifer
Jan 25, 2000
Hilarious how the guy who has approximately 17k worthless posts likes to call everyone else a moron. I'll give him credit though; instead of retreating to the safe confines of Parler or some other alternative facts echo chamber, he comes back around here for frequent self pwnage.

Mar 11, 2004
Hilarious how the guy who has approximately 17k worthless posts likes to call everyone else a moron. I'll give him credit though; instead of retreating to the safe confines of Parler or some other alternative facts echo chamber, he comes back around here for frequent self pwnage.

You'll give him less credit when you realize its because he gets sexual gratification from it.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009

Roger Wilco

Diamond Member
Mar 20, 2017

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
It will all eventually come out that this data scientist was right and DeSantis is a crook. Nothing surprising.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
It will all eventually come out that this data scientist was right and DeSantis is a crook. Nothing surprising.
Depends on how much work yhe DeSantis goon squad does to destroy her personally. We all know cons tactics.