Florida police raid home of former state Covid-19 data scientist

pauldun170

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2011
Add in the standard "Cuz Florida" rules and mix it with a bit of "DaFuq America?"

About 10 officers with guns drawn showed up to her Tallahassee home around 8:30 a.m., Jones said. A video taken from a camera in her house, which she posted on social media, showed an officer pointing a gun up a stairwell as Jones told him her two children were upstairs. Jones said that the officer was pointing his gun at her 2-year-old daughter, 11-year-old son and her husband, who she said were in the stairwell, although the video doesn't make that clear.

201207201403-rebekah-jones-raid-video-exlarge-169.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: skyking and pmv

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
Add in the standard "Cuz Florida" rules and mix it with a bit of "DaFuq America?"

201207201403-rebekah-jones-raid-video-exlarge-169.jpg
The good news is no guns were pointed at anyone according to the authorities......

Thump553

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
And the reason for this raid by ten armed police:
------------------------
The Florida Department of Law Enforcement executed a search warrant Monday morning at the home of data scientist Rebekah Jones, who was fired by the state Department of Health in May. The agency is investigating whether Jones accessed a state government messaging system without authorization to urge employees to speak out about coronavirus deaths, according to an affidavit by an agent working on the case.
--------------------------

What an absolute waste of state money and police resources-in order to pursue a political vendetta and protect a coverup. USA is rapidly becoming a third world also-ran under Trump and his followers (governor of FL).

Nov 8, 2012
And the reason for this raid by ten armed police:
------------------------
The Florida Department of Law Enforcement executed a search warrant Monday morning at the home of data scientist Rebekah Jones, who was fired by the state Department of Health in May. The agency is investigating whether Jones accessed a state government messaging system without authorization to urge employees to speak out about coronavirus deaths, according to an affidavit by an agent working on the case.
--------------------------

"Speak out about coronavirus deaths" ?

Based on the article, she just sounds nuts in general. Not sure who would think this is a good idea.

Last edited:

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
You might want to do some more research into this "data scientist" and why police raided her home.

Care to explain what this "research" you claim to have done, actually showed?

I read the linked article (and the one below). Neither seems to justify the police wielding firearms.

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
I had no idea they took internet security so seriously in Florida.
It will be interesting to see who gets fired over this particular clusterfuck.

• Haha
Reactions: brycejones
Feb 4, 2009
Whole story is strange, odd that there is a police raid to see if someone sent basically an “email” (quotes @brandonbull ) change the damn password of the system dummies. Why raid a house because of it and what was the purpose of the raid the system was already accessed. Even if she did send this email they some state alert system what were the damages and what should the punishment be?
I mean if I were fired from a job and still had email access is it my liability if I send out a “BABA BOOEY! BABA BOOEY! HOWARD STERNS PENIS!!!!!” to everyone in my directory. Did I harm anyone, regardless if I am employed or not the state controls the IT policy, I still had access.
Why armed police in such a large number?

Now on to the scientist in a cnn story she claimed the police confiscated a usb drive that had evidence the states dashboard was messed with. Why keep that secret? Why is it still being stored we are months into Covid.
Why no copy of the drive, she’s a fucking data scientist...
What the hell was she doing while the police waited for her in that 20 minute period?

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
Based on her appearance on Cuomo last night, she now believes that she wasn’t the actual target of the police raid—she believes they are after some of her sources (leakers still employed by DHHS) as DeSantis has been purging anyone critical of his Administration. I guess she’s saying they took her phone/computers to see who else she was in contact with.

She maintains she never accessed the state emergency broadcast system—but perhaps one of her sources did??

Leymenaide

Feb 16, 2010
This is pure intimidation. DeSantis cut back testing and played with numbers leading up to the election. Trying to get away with there is no problem here folks. He may be afraid of being held liable by a new administration in Washington. If some of these people do not end up in jail this country is finished.

Reactions: tkicepick
Nov 8, 2012
and your input on the raid itself?
good and proper use of resources and force?

I don't know all the details - but improper access and putting misinformation on state government emergency messaging system is a bit of a BIG no-no, you would think?

But anyhow, the person here isn't black, so we don't have to talk about this from an excessive police force perspective - only when it peddles your typical racist narrative do we need to mention that.

Based on her appearance on Cuomo last night, she now believes that she wasn’t the actual target of the police raid—she believes they are after some of her sources (leakers still employed by DHHS) as DeSantis has been purging anyone critical of his Administration. I guess she’s saying they took her phone/computers to see who else she was in contact with.

She maintains she never accessed the state emergency broadcast system—but perhaps one of her sources did??

Yeah sorry, but the women looks like a typical psycho moron. You know, the type that aren't aware that IP addresses can be traced? Also the type that think posting explicit pictures of your ex-online is a good idea?

Perhaps authorities can lie about that - but if true then it stands to reason this person is an idiot.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
I don't know all the details - but improper access and putting misinformation on state government emergency messaging system is a bit of a BIG no-no, you would think?

But anyhow, the person here isn't black, so we don't have to talk about this from an excessive police force perspective - only when it peddles your typical racist narrative do we need to mention that.

Yeah sorry, but the women looks like a typical psycho moron. You know, the type that aren't aware that IP addresses can be traced? Also the type that think posting explicit pictures of your ex-online is a good idea?

Perhaps authorities can lie about that - but if true then it stands to reason this person is an idiot.
^ We need a P&N Hall of Fame for posts like this one.