Florida High School Shooting

Page 60 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Funny you don’t feel the same about abortion restrictions then. If they can’t obey late term abortion restrictions then they shouldn’t be entrusted with any abortions at all.

Uhmm, if a doctor is performing illegal abortions they could most certainly lose their ability to perform additional abortions. The law prohibits PERFORMING abortions after all, not being the recipient of one.

Thanks for proving my point, haha.

Reactions: Younigue

glenn1

Lifer
Sep 6, 2000
says the guy who said "to preserve your ability to kill your fellow citizens is a pretty shitty freedom to fight for in my opinion"

Now that's comedy.

It’s okay when the ability you want to preserve us for the government to kill fellow citizens. Comply or die is a good reason for the government to do that in his mind.

Reactions: IJTSSG

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Alex Jones has the scoop!!

Globalists Ordered Florida School Shooting Because FISA Memo Was Released

momeNt

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2011
Then it appears you do not understand the implications of the word culling and you should have used a different one.

The reason is that by using the word culling, you are implying that you picked them to die, and the only way to say that is if you intended to have them killed by enacting the gun ban. Thus, if your goal by banning guns is to kill off people, that is horrible.

People dying is not the same as culling if that is what you meant.

Well sorry. I think in the context of the discussion fski understood it better than you. Basically that if there was a forcible removing of guns and people fought back, the government would surely win, the disparity of force would be similar to that of a culling, regardless of what Merriam-Webster has to say on the matter.

Reactions: Younigue

momeNt

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2011
You think there'd be peace if guns were forcibly removed from the populace? Interdasting.

ultimately, yes. It would be the wars to end all wars. Although, if I am being honest, I would like to see the rest of the world disarmed first, Russia especially. I think a lot of the gun control propaganda is coming out of Russia so that we are weak when they prepare to strike.

brandonbull

Diamond Member
May 3, 2005
it's outdated, archaic in it's mindset, and needs to be adjusted to take into consideration modern weaponry, why are you so fucking stupid? Who's next on the parade of morons, prof john?

Why do you have the dumbest solution for solving gun violence? People didn't do their job in reporting and investigation the Parkland kid but you keep crying about assault gun ban.

mdram

Golden Member
Jan 2, 2014
ultimately, yes. It would be the wars to end all wars. Although, if I am being honest, I would like to see the rest of the world disarmed first, Russia especially. I think a lot of the gun control propaganda is coming out of Russia so that we are weak when they prepare to strike.

remove all guns and world peace will come about?

you really believe that. i just dont know what to think

brandonbull

Diamond Member
May 3, 2005

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
Why do you have the dumbest solution for solving gun violence? People didn't do their job in reporting and investigation the Parkland kid but you keep crying about assault gun ban.
Tell me what they could’ve done. Spell it out exactly, until he breaks a law they couldn’t do a thing.

Reactions: Puffnstuff

brandonbull

Diamond Member
May 3, 2005
I mean come on, this kid had an instagram chatroom where he talked about committing these very acts. He shot animals in his backyard. There were videos of him shooting in his boxers in his backyard. The FBI was too busy with Hillary's emails to infiltrate it though.

"Make sure to vote for backdoors into your iPhones and androids because otherwise, the FBI can't do their jobs! Children die if we can't get total access to your daughters nude selfies!" - the FBI probably

Good thing the FBI wasn't' investigating the dossier when the muslim terrorists decided to set off bombs in Boston because that could have ended poorly for a lot of people.

mdram

Golden Member
Jan 2, 2014
How many people buy ghost guns or purchase locally from a private seller?

But it does.

ghost guns require machine work to finish, some states even require them to be registered

some states also require private sales to go through a dealer and background check done

brandonbull

Diamond Member
May 3, 2005
Tell me what they could’ve done. Spell it out exactly, until he breaks a law they couldn’t do a thing.

When the FBI director says we didn't follow protocol after several warnings on this kid, I guess Wray just wanted to do a press conference and there was nothing to do.

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
When the FBI director says we didn't follow protocol after several warnings on this kid, I guess Wray just wanted to do a press conference and there was nothing to do.
That’s not an answer, tell me what he could’ve done to prevent this. That is the question, not what Drumpf is tweeting, he doesn’t have an answer either, he’s just passing the buck.

mdram

Golden Member
Jan 2, 2014
That’s not an answer, tell me what he could’ve done to prevent this. That is the question, not what Drumpf is tweeting, he doesn’t have an answer either, he’s just passing the buck.
credible threat = questioning
that could lead to mental evaluation, and being put hospitalized, and losing his firearms.
that would equate to no shooting

realibrad

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
Well sorry. I think in the context of the discussion fski understood it better than you. Basically that if there was a forcible removing of guns and people fought back, the government would surely win, the disparity of force would be similar to that of a culling, regardless of what Merriam-Webster has to say on the matter.

This is what confuses me. You intend to say something, but words that say another. Its not similar to culling unless the intent was to enact something to specifically cause deaths. So if your goal is to trigger people to fight back so you could kill them then culling would be correct. If you are not intending to purposefully provoke then culling is not correct.

So is it correct or incorrect to say that you hope to provoke dummies into an uprising? If no, then not culling. If yes culling and horrific.

I don't think its pedantic to say that the implications of your words imply you are wanting something horrific. If you misspoke then its not horrific, but if your words were correct that is horrible. I see no problem in questioning your meaning.

realibrad

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013

This is incorrect. If someone is deemed to be a threat to themselves or others, you can Baker Act them.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Florida_Mental_Health_Act

(Florida Statute 394.451-394.47891[1] (2009 rev.)), commonly known as the "Baker Act," allows the involuntary institutionalization and examination of an individual.

The Baker Act allows for involuntary examination (what some call emergency or involuntary commitment). It can be initiated by judges, law enforcement officials, physicians, or mental health professionals. There must be evidence that the person:

• possibly has a mental illness (as defined in the Baker Act).
  • is in danger of becoming a harm to self, harm to others, or is self neglectful (as defined in the Baker Act).
Examinations may last up to 72 hours after a person is deemed medically stable and occur in over 100 Florida Department of Children and Families-designated receiving facilities statewide.[2]

There are many possible outcomes following examination of the patient. This includes the release of the individual to the community (or other community placement), a petition for involuntary inpatient placement (what some call civil commitment), involuntary outpatient placement (what some call outpatient commitment or assisted treatment orders), or voluntary treatment (if the person is competent to consent to voluntary treatment and consents to voluntary treatment). The involuntary outpatient placement language in the Baker Act took effect as part of the Baker Act reform in 2005.

Enjoy.