First attack in Pakistan under Obama adminstration

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

OCGuy

Lifer
Jul 12, 2000
Originally posted by: Jhhnn
Originally posted by: palehorse
From Palehorse-

The President has to personally authorize each and every strike on the Pakistani side of the border; so to claim that Obama's attribution for this particular strike is "disingenuous," is wrong.

*citation needed*
are you really that dense?

Just because you say so doesn't make it true, Palehorse.

The military may well be acting under orders from the previous president which remain in force unless rescinded by the new CinC.

I'm not making claims one way or another. You are, and it's your obligation to support them with some authoritative source.

LOL. So sad...

theflyingpig

Banned
Mar 9, 2008
Originally posted by: The Green Bean
Originally posted by: theflyingpig
Originally posted by: Nemesis 1
Nice debate. I couldn't help but read some maybe thought the use of drones is a good thing . I think your gone way to far off to getting back to reality. Murder by drone is cold and cowardice. I will tell right now in the world today there is only one government I fear having those capabilities.

Actually killing by drones is the future of warfare, and is a technology that must be further advanced. I can't wait for the day when we can send in millions of killing machines to wipe out entire regions. It would prevent deaths on our side while maximizing the slaughter on the enemies side. This would truly be a thing to fear. It will be wonderful.

Fucking Nazi!

Nazi? That doesn't even make sense. Killer, murderer, psychopath, demon, baby killer; all of those would have been more appropriate than Nazi. Do you even know what a Nazi is? Do you know what their goals where? Do you?

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
From Palehorse-

The President has to personally authorize each and every strike on the Pakistani side of the border; so to claim that Obama's attribution for this particular strike is "disingenuous," is wrong.

*citation needed*

It's true. I read a story that said he authorized it but can't find it right now in my history.

palehorse

Lifer
Dec 21, 2005
From Palehorse-

*citation needed*

The military may well be acting under orders from the previous president which remain in force unless rescinded by the new CinC.

I'm not making claims one way or another. You are, and it's your obligation to support them with some authoritative source.
Alrighty, I cite myself then.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
From Palehorse-

*citation needed*

Alrighty, I cite myself then.

In other words, you and others have made an assertion you can't substantiate, right?

taltamir

Lifer
Mar 21, 2004
if you watched the presidential debate, obama said we need to get out of iraq which had nothing to do with september 11, and go into afghanistan and pakistan where the dregs of al qaeda lie. when confronted about the issue that pakistan is a friendly nuclear power he said that if they are not willing to let us in, we will go in anyways.

palehorse

Lifer
Dec 21, 2005
In other words, you and others have made an assertion you can't substantiate, right?
I know how it works due to my first-hand experience with the process.

Then again, do you even know, for a fact, that the U.S. was involved in the strikes last week?

<grin>

Originally posted by: alchemize
Jhhnn: Obama is responsible for deaths of innocents in Pakistan. What say you to that?

"innocents" my ass.

Anyone wish to buy a bridge?

The Green Bean

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2003
America is acting like the Soviets did. Irresponsible superpower. We take solace in the fact that its demise is just around the corner.

OCGuy

Lifer
Jul 12, 2000
America is acting like the Soviets did. Irresponsible superpower. We take solace in the fact that its demise is just around the corner.

:roll:

The Green Bean

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2003
Originally posted by: Ocguy31

:roll:

You don't see it because your media is censored. If you look around the internet maybe you will find what it's really like to be someone from Wazrisitan, Afghanistan and Gaza.

The Green Bean

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2003
Jhhnn: Obama is responsible for deaths of innocents in Pakistan. What say you to that?

I believe he should stand trial just like Bush. I also believe Obama is young and will be alive when justice will be done.

palehorse

Lifer
Dec 21, 2005

The "demise" of the U.S.?! Seriously!? :laugh:

Didn't you welcome NATO attacks on the Taliban and AQ in Pakistan just a week ago?! Didn't you admit that your own country wasn't doing enough?! :confused:

You're ridiculous...

OCGuy

Lifer
Jul 12, 2000

Didn't you welcome NATO attacks on the Taliban and AQ in Pakistan just a week ago?! Didn't you admit that your own country wasn't doing enough?! :confused:

You're ridiculous...

He can't keep his opinions straight. He is about as backwards as his country.

palehorse

Lifer
Dec 21, 2005
Originally posted by: Ocguy31

You're ridiculous...

He can't keep his opinions straight. He is about as backwards as his country.

He's just a mouthpiece for whatever message his Imam chooses to put out every week... my guess is that he hasn't had an original thought since birth.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

Then again, do you even know, for a fact, that the U.S. was involved in the strikes last week?

<grin>

"innocents" my ass.

This is the internet, remember? Anybody can make the claims that you do, while none of the rest of us have the power to verify it, at all. That's why verifiable sources are so important.

And I don't know quite what to think about the missile attacks in Pakistan, other than I don't support them, never have. Those who have and continue to do so share in the responsibility for them, obviously- whether that's GWB, Palehorse, Ocguy31, Alchemize or Obama.

I knew the guy wouldn't be a perfect president when I voted for him- nobody could be, particularly given the situation that the previous admin created. I trust his judgement more than I trusted his predecessor, that's for sure, and more than I trusted his opponent in the election, so we'll just have to wait and see how things work out.

I try not to rely on "facts" not in evidence- the results of doing so are all around us, the wreckage of the Bush Admin. Mere assertion is not necessarily fact, as we've seen, so it's important that we question such assertions to actually determine facts... Just because some talking point is asserted over and over again doesn't make it so.

The Green Bean

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2003

You're ridiculous...

I welcome them. But I don't welcome your attitude. That's dangerous. And just because I think they're good it doesn't mean they're legal.

Robor

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: K3N
Originally posted by: Genx87
Originally posted by: K3N
The prophecies of Webster Griffin Tarpley comes true, watch the 2nd video in my signature!

Why? Because he is continuing the WoT against the very people who attacked us on 9-11? There will be things to be upset about with Obama. Having missles attack NW Pakistan to take out AQ or Taliban is not one of them.

Damn, he's sucked you left liberals already lol.

LOL @ you calling Genx87 a 'left liberal'. :laugh:

Deeko

Lifer
Jun 16, 2000
Originally posted by: theflyingpig
Originally posted by: Nemesis 1
Nice debate. I couldn't help but read some maybe thought the use of drones is a good thing . I think your gone way to far off to getting back to reality. Murder by drone is cold and cowardice. I will tell right now in the world today there is only one government I fear having those capabilities.

Actually killing by drones is the future of warfare, and is a technology that must be further advanced. I can't wait for the day when we can send in millions of killing machines to wipe out entire regions. It would prevent deaths on our side while maximizing the slaughter on the enemies side. This would truly be a thing to fear. It will be wonderful.

Fucking Nazi!

hahahaha, Nazi! You just called him a Nazi for supporting military technology that prevents death on his side!

Ummm...are you aware that that's a pretty common goal of military technology? To inflict the most damage possible on the other side, while keeping your side safe?

And on top of that...you...don't actually know what a Nazi is, do you? I'm guessing no. However, you'll respond that I am the one who knows nothing about Nazis, because my media is so censored, but it doesn't matter, because my downfall is imminent!!!

Silly little green bean.

OCGuy

Lifer
Jul 12, 2000

<grin>

"innocents" my ass.

I try not to rely on "facts" not in evidence- the results of doing so are all around us, the wreckage of the Bush Admin. Mere assertion is not necessarily fact, as we've seen, so it's important that we question such assertions to actually determine facts... Just because some talking point is asserted over and over again doesn't make it so.

Here are your facts. The strikes will continue on order of Obama.

:thumbsup: to Obama.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/200...a_st_pe/gates_predator

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
I can confirm the Ocguy31 link, as Gates did indeed shoot off his mouth. And did say these preditor strikes will continue inside Pakistan as Official Obama policy. But one critical distinction must be made, so far the verbiage applies to Al-Quida but not necessarily to the Taliban.

In MHO, the Gates stated policy may be no smarter than the already failed GWB policies, but facts are facts and this link may be the last word for now.

Only time will tell if Obama and Petraeus learn a damn thing, but I have to be somewhat optimistic that they will.

Or we may see the UN, at the urging of both Afghanistan and Pakistan to say, Nato, do not go away mad, just leave the area. You Nato A holes are not part of any solution, you are the problem.

OCGuy

Lifer
Jul 12, 2000
Originally posted by: Sedition
Did Obama hire the strike? Or did the Military make the strike? It is a work in progress man. You can't purge everything that is wrong with the country in 3 days.

What about now? Has it been long enough? Does this substantiate it?

:thumbsup: Obama.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/200...p_on_re_as/as_pakistan

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
One of the big reasons that Nato occupation is failing in Afghanistan is due to lack of troops. Afghanistan with a population of 31 million basically requires 600,000 troops to run a respectable occupation.

What many fail to realize is that these predator strikes inside of Pakistan have an incredible destabilizing effect on the Pakistani government, something that The Green Bean has the courtesy to remind of us of. And if we manage to cause the government of Pakistan to fall, its then going to basically take a army of 3.6 million Nato troops to run any kind of occupation of Pakistan and Afghanistan.

And failing those 3.6 million troops, the whole damn region is going to become a terrorist playground for decades or centuries.

But then again, the delusions of grandeur military types, always think in terms of a bigger hammer, as they seek to widen every war. Did it work in Vietnam?

Get a clue, it will not work in Afghanistan either in case we fail to notice our seven plus year track record of continuous dis improvement.