Fired Ambassador to the Ukraine claims she was told to tweet praise of president to save her job

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
I have posted more than once why I voted for Trump on this forum. Use the search function.

:p
Its not up to me to read every post you made or to look for your post.....you made the statement I just asked you to clarify --- but since you cannot clarify we understand!!

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
Its not up to me to read every post you made or to look for your post.....you made the statement I just asked you to clarify --- but since you cannot clarify we understand!!

I voted for Trump primarily for the SCOTUS Seating.

Better?

• Haha
Reactions: ch33zw1z

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
I voted for Trump primarily for the SCOTUS Seating.

Better?
Hear ye, Hear ye, let it be know, on this November the 8th of the year 2000 and 19, pcgeek11 answered a direct question. This day shall ever be known to us as the day pcgeek11 took off his tap dancing shoes, if only for a whimsically brief moment, to reveal his complete disregard for his scruples (of which his political party joined him for the most part)

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
Hear ye, Hear ye, let it be know, on this November the 8th of the year 2000 and 19, pcgeek11 answered a direct question. This day shall ever be known to us as the day pcgeek11 took off his tap dancing shoes, if only for a whimsically brief moment, to reveal his complete disregard for his scruples (of which his political party joined him for the most part)

I have posted this before, nothing new.

I've answered many question directly. I'm sorry if you can't understand the answers.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
I've answered many question directly. I'm sorry if you can't understand the answers.

sure pal, you're as clear as mud.

at least you didn't try to deny a vote for trump is a vote against all those things conservatives claimed to believe. a good step, to thine own self be true. I'd say honesty is the best policy, but you know *insert word salad here*

Last edited:

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
It sure is a game, and you're attempting to play the meta. I hope you come to realize in your lifetime how bad of an idea it is to support the current incarnation of Republicans.

Republicans in name only. The current version is being led by racists, activist fundamentalist religious zealots, big moneyed interests and a president who owes the Russians more than just his ass. And then there are those conservatives in name only who simply follow along with that hodgepodge collective of strange bedfellows not asking questions nor standing for their conservative values for fear of being outed as traitors and whatever insulting demeaning tag Trump can hot brand them with.

The real Republicans have been shamed into a corner of their ideological basement while being warned that any disturbance from them will result in their becoming outcasts, excommunicated from the party for their lack of emotional investment and lack of commitment to their struggle for religious and racial purity/superiority.

All of this rests squarely on the shoulders of Trump, The Great Divider.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
You asked me: " Do you also think Rudy was acting on his own? "

Since you gave me no particulars about the "acting" ( Note: You didn't say working for Trump in your question.) I answered that who knows, he is a nut job.

We all know that Rudy is Trumps lawyer, don't be obtuse. But when you say is he is "acting on his own" I would have to say that sometimes he is sometimes he isn't.
Since Rudy is Trump's lawyer (representative) and Rudy takes an action on behalf of Trump does that make Trump responsible since Trump has ordered people to "see Rudy"?

Reactions: DarthKyrie

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
Who knew a guy who robs vets and cancer kids of money is worth a few judges.

See, Trump has successfully bridged the gap between being a ruthless, psychologically damaged, morally and ethically bankrupt crook and the guy who's purportedly singlehandedly made and (incredibly) is now keeping America great again.

He's managed to have his sordid character flaws become a very attractive and well liked feature among his followers. His ability to lie on the fly is held with great respect and admiration amongst his sycophant lackeys and his ability to leap over the tallest buildings of logic and common sense and replace them with unbelievably unbelievable jaw dropping nonsense is world renowned.

This is the magic, the astounding skill that Trump displays when he daily/hourly attacks the enemies of his people and of which his people are so grateful for.

This.......insanity (for lack of a better description) that Trump has managed to create and exploit to his great advantage does have an expiration though. Hopefully sooner through impeachment or a little later through getting his sorry ass kicked to the curb and in jail by the vote of disapproval at the ballot box.

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
Since Rudy is Trump's lawyer (representative) and Rudy takes an action on behalf of Trump does that make Trump responsible since Trump has ordered people to "see Rudy"?

So you see that as Everything Rudy does is because Trump directed it?

Feb 4, 2009

You bring up a good point and I agree he probably acts alone on most stuff.
Next question is do you think Rudy doesn’t tell the President anything? Do you think the President doesn’t give Rudy feedback?

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004

President Trump to Zelenskyy: "Good. Well., thank you very much and I appreciate that. I will tell Rudy and Attorney General Barr to.· call."

In a blackmail scheme against Ukraine, to assist Trump with a political opponent in an election. Rudy will be in touch to work out the details. Outside of directly screaming "I am a criminal mob boss, my fixer is on his way", how much more obvious does it need to get?

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
You bring up a good point and I agree he probably acts alone on most stuff.
Next question is do you think Rudy doesn’t tell the President anything? Do you think the President doesn’t give Rudy feedback?

I don't think Rudy tells the President everything.
I do think the President gives Rudy feedback. Hell he gives everybody feedback. LOL

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
President Trump to Zelenskyy: "Good. Well., thank you very much and I appreciate that. I will tell Rudy and Attorney General Barr to.· call."

In a blackmail scheme against Ukraine, to assist Trump with a political opponent in an election. Rudy will be in touch to work out the details. Outside of directly screaming "I am a criminal mob boss, my fixer is on his way", how much more obvious does it need to get?

Fine you are entitled to your very own interpretation and opinion.

I see you didn't bother to answer the question.

Feb 4, 2009
I don't think Rudy tells the President everything.
I do think the President gives Rudy feedback. Hell he gives everybody feedback. LOL

Here is a realistic summary of what happens
President: Rudy I’ve been reading (actually some unvetted twitter user forwarded something) Hunter & Joe are up to something. I need you to find out. I’ll let whoever in Government know to work with you.
Rudy: Okay Mr President. I can do this & that or this to find out.

Without details I don’t like this at all. Government shouldn’t be the Presidents apparatus to do shit he wants to do that only benefits himself.
I really hate saying this but if we allow the current President to do this, I am all for a future Democrat President doing the same. As I’ve been saying recently the rules have changed and Democrats need to start playing by the new rules.
Above would be totally different if it was similar to Obama going to Moscow Mitch about Intelligence experts agree there is something going on with Trumps campaign & Russians or this purely hypothetical scenario.
Warrants Nephew is involved in some kind of bank fraud involving a foreign Government evidence is very strong. President and Barr go to Chuck and/or Nancy present an overview and attempt to gain agreement with them regarding an investigation. Admittedly these are different rules for anyone else but no other is directly related to an election.
I do not like the appearance of government powers being used upon someone running for office.