halik

Lifer
Oct 10, 2000
McNaughton-One-Nation-Under-God.jpg

Who can name the most characters?

thraashman

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000
I can name one character. Dumbass. And by that I mean anyone that thinks this is anything but silly.

monovillage

Diamond Member
Jul 3, 2008
I like the "The Forgotten Man" by Jon McNaughton much more. It was the one of President Obama standing on the Constitution. Rachel Maddow did a piece on it.
I can't recall if she said it was the finest work of art to ever grace her vision or something like that. Maybe not.

polarmystery

Diamond Member
Aug 21, 2005
The earth is billions of year old, and 250 years ago, that's when God decided to pick a team

-Jim Jeffries.

Side note: It's a great picture, but the premise is bullshit.

bfdd

Lifer
Feb 3, 2007
Did a Mormon paint this? I ask because it kind of fits with their "theme". I like the picture though and as a non-religious person I do not have issue that religion and God had a big picture in shaping the American psyche or American way of life. The concepts of liberty and freedom we use here in the USA stem from our "God given rights". No king, no man, but God is what makes us free. You don't have to be a religious person to believe in that, substitute God for whatever makes you happy, whatever higher being or exponential power you believe exists. Hell if you worship the Universe, the act of being born into the Universe creates you a free man and you should be stoked about that.

thraashman

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000
Did a Mormon paint this? I ask because it kind of fits with their "theme". I like the picture though and as a non-religious person I do not have issue that religion and God had a big picture in shaping the American psyche or American way of life. The concepts of liberty and freedom we use here in the USA stem from our "God given rights". No king, no man, but God is what makes us free. You don't have to be a religious person to believe in that, substitute God for whatever makes you happy, whatever higher being or exponential power you believe exists. Hell if you worship the Universe, the act of being born into the Universe creates you a free man and you should be stoked about that.

I assume this was posted because last night on Colbert some of this artist's work was profiled. He's from Utah which would mean he's likely Mormon but not guaranteed. I haven't looked him up, just saw what was shown on Colbert. He basically does ultra conservative art and apparently Hannity is a big fan ... which for any sane American should be a massive insult.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
I assume this was posted because last night on Colbert some of this artist's work was profiled. He's from Utah which would mean he's likely Mormon but not guaranteed. I haven't looked him up, just saw what was shown on Colbert. He basically does ultra conservative art and apparently Hannity is a big fan ... which for any sane American should be a massive insult.

There's big money in sucking up to assholes.

Atreus21

Lifer
Aug 21, 2007
Be willing to bet the WWI soldier is Alvin York.

I see Frederick Douglass, Ulysses Grant, Abigail Adams (I think), Ben Franklin, Davie Crockett, James Madison...buncha others

I think the people on the bottom row are symbolic of those who are saved and those who are not. Evidently the artist has a dim view of unwed mothers.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006

I see Frederick Douglass, Ulysses Grant, Abigail Adams (I think), Ben Franklin, Davie Crockett, James Madison...buncha others

I think the people on the bottom row are symbolic of those who are saved and those who are not. Evidently the artist has a dim view of unwed mothers.

In the bottom right corner there is also "liberal news reporter" (the blond girl) and "Mr. Hollywood". You know how evil those guys are.

classy

Lifer
Oct 12, 1999

In addition I see Jesus, Reagan, JFK, Harriet Tubman, FDR

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
I'm sad that his website has apparently crashed under the weight of people lining up to mock him. I remember looking at it a few years ago and that painting has an interactive element where you can check out each person (along with a description!) It's simultaneously incredibly hilarious and incredibly depressing.

Pulsar

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2003
LMAO, thanks!

Fool, the first thing Jesus did was to take the dinosaurs to dinosaur Heaven. :D

But he was nice enough to fossilize their bones and fake the carbon 14 amounts in them just to fool our scientists. Thanks Jesus.