Feelz hurt again @Cracker Barrel

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
The goalpost is moving so fast I can't keep up. o_O I stated nothing of the sort. I stated better to get kcals from fat than carbs. The context was weight management, which was the other dude's concern. Seems as always, be explicit or every manner of fallacy will come into play. Never said kcals were something you can consume limitless amounts of either. And here's a pro tip. that weight gain from too many calories can be 2/3rds muscle if done correctly. How do you think body building works?

If this is about high calorie foods. Again, fat satiates. If it doesn't you probably suffer from metabolic syndrome. And if you are eating more than you can burn off, that's your problem. Because it for goddamn certain isn't mine.
Protein satiates better than fat.

SHOTS FIRED FATHERMOCKER! :p

Zorba

Lifer
Oct 22, 1999
I never go to CB or drink beer. But I did see a CB billboard on the highway tonight that "Beer & Chicken," so maybe they are going to start selling beer.

Last edited:

Denly

Golden Member
May 14, 2011
Lets produce vegan sausage w/ some bacon fat and lots of spices, call it ATOT sausage. I bet no one can tell the diff.

Who is with me?

• Haha
Reactions: Pohemi

DAPUNISHER

Super Moderator CPU Forum Mod and Elite Member
Super Moderator
Aug 22, 2001
I never go to CB or drink beer. But I did see a CB billboard on the highway tonight that "Beer & Chicken," so maybe they are going to start selling beer.
That, or an allusion to adding beer can chicken to the menu perhaps? My beer can chicken will make you want to slap yo mammy. Unless she made tasty beer can chicken too. Then you give her a hug.

EDIT: They do in my area. Maybe it wasn't national and they are expanding.

Last edited:

DAPUNISHER

Super Moderator
Aug 22, 2001
Yep, CB fucked with the formula, starting serving booze and cut back on the quality of the food. No reason to eat there anymore.
My one visit was in north Georgia in 2016. I never had greasy pancakes before, and I hope to never have them again.

Reactions: Zorba

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
Lets produce vegan sausage w/ some bacon fat and lots of spices, call it ATOT sausage. I bet no one can tell the diff.

Who is with me?

Keep your "ATOT sausage" to yourself! :p ;)

large_742fb1fa-f8d9-4003-80f1-0863f728e83f.jpg

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
Yep, CB fucked with the formula, starting serving booze and cut back on the quality of the food. No reason to eat there anymore.
Been a long time since I went to one, but I don't remember it being any better than a typical Denny's or IHOP, just a "nicer" atmosphere (if you're into their "atmosphere")

Reactions: Pohemi

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
Far better than a ihop or dennys
Good sloppy food

Ihop's vary widely .... both in-range for me are pretty good overall and their pancakes in particular blow CB away. (although a local chain called Chips smokes both of them!)

Denny's is more consistent but is also pretty gross. Every time I've eaten there in the past I felt nasty afterwards.

Last edited:

DAPUNISHER

Super Moderator
Aug 22, 2001
Ihop's vary widely .... both in-range for me are pretty good overall and their pancakes in particular blow CB away.

Denny's is more consistent but is also pretty gross. Every time I've eaten there in the past I felt nasty afterwards.
I prefer Waffle House to both. Because I do not eat anything but breakfast in places like that. The hash browns menu at WH is the best thing out of all of them IMO. I can watch them make my food too. A point that can't be emphasized enough.

Reactions: Pohemi and Captante

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
I prefer Waffle House to both. Because I do not eat anything but breakfast in places like that. The hash browns menu at WH is the best thing out of all of them IMO. I can watch them make my food too. A point that can't be emphasized enough.

I've never eaten in one sadly .... none in my area. :(

EDIT: MAYBE once when I was a little kid like 1000 years ago?

Last edited:

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
Bourdain went to a Waffle House with an established chef. He liked a couple things but when the other chef lauded more stuff Bourdain basically said he didn't get it.