FBI breaks up plot to kidnap Michigan Governor, overthrow state government

Page 10 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Feb 4, 2009
Got it, so remain blissfully uninformed by reading headlines of click-bait media titles instead of an actual analysis of the charges, court records, etc...

How about this. Let’s both watch the Racheal Maddow show Friday night and we can discuss it Monday morning.
Sound good?

Nov 8, 2012
How about this. Let’s both watch the Racheal Maddow show Friday night and we can discuss it Monday morning.
Sound good?

I don't have cable so unless it streams online for free or something?

I know you're joking though, but I would take you up if serious.

Also whatever it is, it's going to be another boring one of the violent insurrection... you know, the one where everyone just casually walked out, fires weren't set, things weren't broken everywhere, etc...? Yeah that violent one. They can never seem to get off their coke fix for even a day.

• Haha
Reactions: ch33zw1z
Feb 4, 2009

Got Sirius? MSNBC has a channel I think it is 109.
9PM Monday let me know if you are on.
I should have been clear I’d need to listen not watch since I do not have cable.
There also is a MSNBC app that has shows but they are not full shows. I’ll look what’s available tonight if you are serious about this.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004

Also whatever it is, it's going to be another boring one of the violent insurrection... you know, the one where everyone just casually walked out, fires weren't set, things weren't broken everywhere, etc...? Yeah that violent one. They can never seem to get off their coke fix for even a day.

The violence didn't meet your purity test. Pretty cool.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Got Sirius? MSNBC has a channel I think it is 109.
9PM Monday let me know if you are on.
I should have been clear I’d need to listen not watch since I do not have cable.
There also is a MSNBC app that has shows but they are not full shows. I’ll look what’s available tonight if you are serious about this.

If it was on a rwnj YouTube new aggregation channel...he'd be down...

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
This could be one of those cases where the rabid anti-gubmint right wingos were actually correct—I’m more inclined to believe this whole case is a sham and the most serious charges should be dropped.

It’s shit like this that’ll feed anti-FBI and anti-government conspiracies for the next 20 years. Shame.

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
That said... yeah the FBI has soul searching and smoking out of bad actors within it's ranks.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
This could be one of those cases where the rabid anti-gubmint right wingos were actually correct—I’m more inclined to believe this whole case is a sham and the most serious charges should be dropped.

It’s shit like this that’ll feed anti-FBI and anti-government conspiracies for the next 20 years. Shame.

I don't see anything that indicates FBI didn't break up a plot. I see stuff that could challenge the credibility of witnesses

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
I don't see anything that indicates FBI didn't break up a plot. I see stuff that could challenge the credibility of witnesses

Defense can put together a convincing argument that Robeson and the other CI were the actual “ringleaders” of the plot, were engaged in unlawful activities under a “free pass” by the FBI (and were incentivized to lie about the plot to keep the free pass), and that former agent Trask and agent Impola cannot be trusted at their word.

Yes, there was definitely a plot and these defendants aren’t all innocent either, but might be too much “fruit of the poisoned tree” to convict them of the attempted kidnapping charges.

The article brings up a great point though about the 2 justice systems in America—no one bats an eye when Feds use these tactics against brown and black defendants to get the convictions they want. But when white supremacists get the shaft, all of a sudden there's a national media outlet coming to their defense and people start questioning sources and methods.

Reactions: hal2kilo and dank69

compcons

Platinum Member
Oct 22, 2004
So a group of people were convinced to do atrocious things by someone. The fact that it was crappy people in/related to the FBI doesn't change that fact. It will harder to put those assholes in jail, but they are still criminals.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
haha I didn't get the double meaning of lefties when I posted should edit to say left handed!
As a lifetime colored blind lefty, I got it right away. Oh the irony! Damn I wish cookies still worked. Responded to something way early in this thread. Got to pay attention all the time now!

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005

Only a surprise to the lefty dimwits that populate ATP&N
Remember kids all you have to do after doing your recon for your kidnap and murder plot that you get arrested for is just say "we're kidding" and you'll get off. But I can see how this outcome would be pleasing to the guy with grenade murder fantasies. Keep dreaming about those dead women and kids you sick fuck.

pete6032

Diamond Member
Dec 3, 2010
Fox's attorney, Christopher Gibbons, said Fox was a hapless man living in the basement of a Grand Rapids-area vacuum shop, smoking marijuana whenever possible and totally incapable of leading the wild plot.
I wonder how long it took the attorney to get his client's OK to go with this argument.

allisolm

Elite Member
Administrator
Jan 2, 2001