Family gets beat down for being in wrong hood

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

SheHateMe

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2012
I hate to take your trollbiat, but based on what? His long history involving stolen property, burglary tools, and theft. It's no wonder he had to wear a hoodie in deep cover, he didn't know if he had been picked up on video or what.

Better safe than sorry when casing houses and peering into garages?

Again.... I know it's your MO but you need to stop intentionally derailing threads just because you're pissed off that some trash thug was shot for brutally attacking an innocent man.

...and yet, he didn't commit a crime in the Gas station LOL. Yea, better safe than sorry when going in to buy Tea and Skittles. You never know when the wild negro within you will lash out and steal snacks. :whiste:

If I was pissed off about Trayvon dying I would probably have the highest number of posts in the TM thread. ..and I don't. That award goes to people like you, geosurface, spidey, and cybersage (banned lol).

I must be SO pissed. :p

My Grandma is frying Catfish and needs some cornmeal. I'll be back after I eat dinner.

Last edited:

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
Hey guys, there is a 2000 page thread on Zimmerman/Martin. The length of that thread is irritating enough without the discussion spilling over into other threads. Not a mod here. Just making a polite request to stay on topic please.

BudAshes

Lifer
Jul 20, 2003
Trayvon made it in this thread too. You guys do realize that was a mexican shooting a black guy. It had nothing to do with white people. If obama is black then the dude that shot trayvon is mexican.

i love trolling these threads.

Sep 7, 2009
Trayvon made it in this thread too. You guys do realize that was a mexican shooting a black guy. It had nothing to do with white people. If obama is black then the dude that shot trayvon is mexican.

Yeah that's why many of them stopped caring all the sudden. When it was whitey vs blacky then it's a major issue and we need to tie this racist monster to a stake.

Oh wait he's mexican? Ok no longer an important issue.

That's why shehatesme stopped posting in there. They went through 10 pages of grandparents, aunts, uncles..... Before classy decided ok this guy is definitely mexican and the most racist posters left the thread.

SheHateMe

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2012
That's why shehatesme stopped posting in there.

LMAO. Whatever, dude. :rolleyes:

It was totally because he was a "Mexican".

and the most racist posters left the thread.

You're right. Cybersage did get banned and Geosurface got vacationed for one of his race threads. And how funny is it that Geo doesn't post here are much as he used to...

You must be talking to him...since this is the person who brought up Zimmerman to begin with.

Yet you see no racism with a man being beaten up for wearing a pink shirt. :rolleyes:

At least I'll call it like I see it. Zimmerman was a racist pig just like these fools that beat a white man and his family because they were in the wrong hood. Hypocrite.

Last edited:
Sep 7, 2009
Really it was more because he wasn't white.

You and the crew don't seem to have issues with the oranges, light browns, creams. It's only those pure whites who all are genetically proven to be racist assholes.

It's only fair, right? Whitey enslaved an entire race, so now they all must suffer for multiple generations of reverse racism.

And who is the racist? Rofl.....

SheHateMe

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2012
Really it was more because he wasn't white.

And once again, here you are grabbing conclusions from your ass.

You and the crew don't seem to have issues with the oranges, light browns, creams. It's only those pure whites who all are genetically proven to be racist assholes.

And again.

It's only fair, right? Whitey enslaved an entire race, so now they all must suffer for multiple generations of reverse racism.

Who said that? Again, pulling lots of shit out of your ass.

And who is the racist? Rofl.....

Boochi, Spidey, Cybersage, Geosurface, etc. One of which is gone forever, another who is currently on vacation.

Sep 7, 2009
Obviously I touched a nerve....

Seriously... I'm done with the derailment, and I know your MO... Derail the thread, then when you start falling apart just report the posts...

Go post in the zimmerman thread where we can point out your bias and issues without screwing up yet another thread.

SheHateMe

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2012
Obviously I touched a nerve....

You've been throwing a bitch fit since the first page of this thread. Don't be such a drama queen.

Seriously... I'm done with the derailment, and I know your MO... Derail the thread, then when you start falling apart just report the posts...

Oh, of course. :rolleyes: And when have I reported your posts? Are you an undercover Admin now?

More shit being pulled from your ass.This is the eleventy-seventh time you have come into a thread I was in and tried to start shit...and then you always leave. You derail threads, not me. You call people "liberal extremists", you say people are race baiting when it is actually you, you call people racist...yet many of your posts on this site show that you are the one with the problem.

Glad you're done. Peace. :cool:

Sep 7, 2009
It's really too bad that no one in that family was CCWing.

Think about what you would do if some dangerous thug approached you at a gas station and told you that "you're in the wrong neighbohood and not going to make it out"

It's something important to consider.. This guy and his wife were both knocked unconscious, leaving their daughter to fend for herself. It's disappointing that they were not better prepared to protect their child from an unprovoked vicious attack.

Baked

Lifer
Dec 28, 2004
I'm wearing a pink dress shirt today, I hope I don't get the beat down from my customers.

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000

Think about what you would do if some dangerous thug approached you at a gas station and told you that "you're in the wrong neighbohood and not going to make it out"

It's something important to consider.. This guy and his wife were both knocked unconscious, leaving their daughter to fend for herself. It's disappointing that they were not better prepared to protect their child from an unprovoked vicious attack.

I would take that as a direct, imminent and credible threat backed by disparity of force.

Issue verbal commands to stop and stay away. If they advanced and continued the aggression, hand on weapon ready to draw while still issuing loud commands to stop and stay away, if they advanced a single step further, shoot.

berzerker60

Golden Member
Jul 18, 2012
NEWS ALERT: Something bad happened somewhere in a nation of 313 million people! Better draw conclusions from it!

rudder

Lifer
Nov 9, 2000
I would attribute it to race somewhat... but my guess it was in a lower socio economically challenged neighborhood. Plenty of places down south here were a large percentage of the population is black. Driven through, stopped, never had an issue.

BudAshes

Lifer
Jul 20, 2003
I would take that as a direct, imminent and credible threat backed by disparity of force.

Issue verbal commands to stop and stay away. If they advanced and continued the aggression, hand on weapon ready to draw while still issuing loud commands to stop and stay away, if they advanced a single step further, shoot.

Uh oh everyone back away, spidey is getting a good shoot boner. We better leave this thread until he finishes and calms down.

Feb 6, 2007

You're approached by a man in a bad part of town, a part of town you're unfamiliar with. He looks thuggish. He's being overtly hostile, making fun of your clothing, etc. And things escalate, through no fault of your own, to him telling you, "you ain't gonna make it out of this hood."

Now, you, as a responsible CCW carrier, feel the need to defend your family against a credible threat. So you pull out your gun, and make it very clear that you aren't going to tolerate any violence towards yourself or your family. So far, so good; you're not provoking violence, you're defending yourself and your loved ones.

My question is what happens next? Because according to the news story, there were three people arrested for the assault. You seem to like stereotypes, so let's go with a common one for black men in the inner city in a place described as "a rough part of town;" at least one of them has a gun. You didn't realize that this guy had friends in the parking lot, but now they're watching you pull a gun on their friend, and they've got his back. One on three, maybe more, maybe armed. Is that REALLY a good spot to get your family into? It may work out that they back off, or you might get everyone in your family into a gunfight. These guys had all had run-ins with the law; they're not shitting all over themselves just because you have a gun. As often as not in that scenario, you're dead, and your family likely is as well.

I understand the desire to defend one's self. But honestly, this guy was an idiot. If you're in a rough part of town and someone gives you a hard time for your shirt, you shrug it off and move on. What good can possibly come from getting into an argument with a walking stereotype of a violent thug? Don't even stop there in the first place with your family in the car after dark. That's just asking for trouble. Be smarter with your planning and the situation never happens in the first place so you don't need to bother wondering "what if I had my gun?"

Darwin333

Lifer
Dec 11, 2006
No, it would be similar to elderly businessman goofing on the black guys jacket, argument ensues, fight breaks out and then rich white guys say he drove up in the wrong neighborhood.

And if that exact thing happened in the exact same city it would be front page news about racist whites.

The race card is played a LOT around here.

Darwin333

Lifer
Dec 11, 2006
You're approached by a man in a bad part of town, a part of town you're unfamiliar with. He looks thuggish. He's being overtly hostile, making fun of your clothing, etc. And things escalate, through no fault of your own, to him telling you, "you ain't gonna make it out of this hood."

Now, you, as a responsible CCW carrier, feel the need to defend your family against a credible threat. So you pull out your gun, and make it very clear that you aren't going to tolerate any violence towards yourself or your family. So far, so good; you're not provoking violence, you're defending yourself and your loved ones.

My question is what happens next? Because according to the news story, there were three people arrested for the assault. You seem to like stereotypes, so let's go with a common one for black men in the inner city in a place described as "a rough part of town;" at least one of them has a gun. You didn't realize that this guy had friends in the parking lot, but now they're watching you pull a gun on their friend, and they've got his back. One on three, maybe more, maybe armed. Is that REALLY a good spot to get your family into? It may work out that they back off, or you might get everyone in your family into a gunfight. These guys had all had run-ins with the law; they're not shitting all over themselves just because you have a gun. As often as not in that scenario, you're dead, and your family likely is as well.

I understand the desire to defend one's self. But honestly, this guy was an idiot. If you're in a rough part of town and someone gives you a hard time for your shirt, you shrug it off and move on. What good can possibly come from getting into an argument with a walking stereotype of a violent thug? Don't even stop there in the first place with your family in the car after dark. That's just asking for trouble. Be smarter with your planning and the situation never happens in the first place so you don't need to bother wondering "what if I had my gun?"

Trust me, thugs are just as scared of guns as the rest of us. They are big and bad when they are the ones pointing the gun but they run like bitches when there is a gun pointed at them.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Check his location, NC. What he said is pretty mild for that area. :awe:

I'm from Raleigh, and that's not true at all.

Now, if he was from Garner, or Knightdale, or hell, anywhere north or east of Raleigh....

Sep 7, 2009

Right, well, we know what happens when the victim doesn't have a gun - him and his wife are knocked unconscious, at the very least. Luckily they didn't make off with the daughter. As bad as this situation was, it could have been a LOT worse.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murders_of_Channon_Christian_and_Christopher_Newsom

I refuse to back down to thuggish behaviour. Honestly, this is exactly why I live in a state where we aren't restricted to 7 rounds and we strongly support the right to self defense. Be it 1 thug or 10 thugs, let's get it on as I am completely ready.

I fully agree with you regarding planning, but in my opinion you're going a bit far with blaming the victim. Sometimes you need gas, someone has to go to the bathroom, and you shouldn't have to cower to people who try and intimidate others who think you're "in the wrong neighbohood"

And, as a law abiding American, I will not cower to some low life thug. If they threaten my life I will defend it justly. And that "blame" can be placed on the thug who threatened my life, as the recent cases have shown, not the victim.

Just because thugs tend to resort to violence does not mean we should all cower in the basement, clutching the phone with 911 on speed dial.

As an American you have a right to defend yourself, and if that means carrying a gun to legally level the playing field against these tyrants thugs then so be it.

Darwin333

Lifer
Dec 11, 2006
Right, well, we know what happens when the victim doesn't have a gun - him and his wife are knocked unconscious, at the very least. Luckily they didn't make off with the daughter. As bad as this situation was, it could have been a LOT worse.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murders_of_Channon_Christian_and_Christopher_Newsom

I refuse to back down to thuggish behaviour. Honestly, this is exactly why I live in a state where we aren't restricted to 7 rounds and we strongly support the right to self defense. Be it 1 thug or 10 thugs, let's get it on as I am completely ready.

I fully agree with you regarding planning, but in my opinion you're going a bit far with blaming the victim. Sometimes you need gas, someone has to go to the bathroom, and you shouldn't have to cower to people who try and intimidate others who think you're "in the wrong neighbohood"

And, as a law abiding American, I will not cower to some low life thug. If they threaten my life I will defend it justly. And that "blame" can be placed on the thug who threatened my life, as the recent cases have shown, not the victim.

Just because thugs tend to resort to violence does not mean we should all cower in the basement, clutching the phone with 911 on speed dial.

As an American you have a right to defend yourself, and if that means carrying a gun to legally level the playing field against these tyrants thugs then so be it.

He still has a valid point. Just because you have the right to do something doesn't make it a good idea. However, if you are still hell bent on your idea I will be happy to drop you off in an area you have a right to be in at nightfall and pick you up at dawn. Pack all the guns and ammo you can, I would be rather interested to see how successful you are. I'll even get you a place to stay, all you have to do is get you and your guns here. Louisiana is very very pro gun and pro self defense and I bet we honor your states concealed weapons permit.

Sep 7, 2009
He still has a valid point. Just because you have the right to do something doesn't make it a good idea. However, if you are still hell bent on your idea I will be happy to drop you off in an area you have a right to be in at nightfall and pick you up at dawn. Pack all the guns and ammo you can, I would be rather interested to see how successful you are. I'll even get you a place to stay, all you have to do is get you and your guns here. Louisiana is very very pro gun and pro self defense and I bet we honor your states concealed weapons permit.

:rolleyes:

emperus

Diamond Member
Apr 6, 2012

This is a good point. Knowing when to de-escalate a situation is a valuable skill (I don't know what happened in this case so my remarks do not necessarily pertain to this situation). It may save your life or keep you out of a lot of trouble.

I had a situation early this year where I almost got shot. I was driving by Newbury St. in Boston ( a couple blocks down from where the marathon bombings happened). Definitely not a bad area. I honked at a guy strolling across the street during a green light. He looked at me said something and kept walking. I parked at the next block (I was picking up a friend). Unbeknown to me, the same guy approached my car and knocked on my window. I had a passenger in the car who rolled down the window. The guy asked me if we had a problem. I was a little shocked and angry. Thoughts ran through my head. Why is this skinny guy approaching a car with two occupants? Is he crazy, he must have a weapon, is there somebody else with him? I thought of my friend in the passenger seat who is married with two kids and could I live with myself if anything happened to him because I lost my temper. I'm not generally a deferential person, but I just kept quiet. My friend chimed in and said "nah man, we good." He looked at me and said "are you good, because I don't like to leave things unsettled". I said "I'm good". He turned walked away and raised his shirt. He had a gun tucked into his pants.

Sometimes, it takes just knowing when to check your pride and live to fight another day. Funny, I had just dropped off my friend who carries all the time. I was so happy I did. Because he would have most likely made the situation so much worse.

Btw, the guy was white, I am black. I was not in the ghetto. I never thought he was racist and tried to start this confrontation and possible end my life because I was black. I just thought he was another nut who valued respect over life.

Last edited:

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
Pfft, knowing when to "de-escalate" is for liberal pussies and girlie men. Real men always pack heat (and don't wear pink shirts.) :cool:

Sep 7, 2009
Aren't you anti gun? What exactly do you think you could've done against some random thug who likely has a couple of buddies around the corner?