Family gets beat down for being in wrong hood

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

OverVolt

Lifer
Aug 31, 2002
Reverse racism exists, so there ya go.

Some people who aren't near a demographically black city just don't know I guess. There are definitely neighborhoods where white people "don't belong" if that was one of those neighborhoods then the pink shirt had nothing to do with it.

Attic

Diamond Member
Jan 9, 2010
For the perp/s there is no indication that depravity and racism must be mutually exclusive, yet it is a point I feel some are trying to make.

Sep 7, 2009
For the perp/s there is no indication that depravity and racism must be mutually exclusive, yet it is a point I feel some are trying to make.

The same rules should apply to everyone one.

Just because you're a minority or depraved does not mean it's automatically ok to commit a hate crime.

xj0hnx

Diamond Member
Dec 18, 2007
If you read the articles regarding this incident, a witness claims the altercation started with one guy making fun of the pink shirt.

But, yes, let's all jump on this white victim hood movement.

That's just so richly ironic coming from you that it's literally comedy gold.

Sep 7, 2009
Reverse racism exists, so there ya go.

<snip>

Many of our members do not feel that it does, or they are somehow able to justify it...

Even reading through this single thread there are comments about how "whitey enslaved an entire race".... It's a common theme and it's how they justify their outright racism.

HamburgerBoy

Lifer
Apr 12, 2004
So if this was a situation where wearing hoodies is likely to get you picked on and beaten up for being in the wrong neighborhood, this would still not be an example of racism. :hmm:

btw, I think the sex offender thing is irrelevant. The dude was 21 at the time and "uncarnal knowledge of a minor" means this-would-be-consensual-if-she-was-16/18 kind of rape.

thraashman

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000
So a white person getting beaten up in a mostly black neighborhood that started based on what they were wearing is racist. Yet a black kid getting killed in a mostly white neighborhood that started based on what he was wearing is not racist. Ok P&N conservatives, got it.

SheHateMe

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2012
So a white person getting beaten up in a mostly black neighborhood that started based on what they were wearing is racist. Yet a black kid getting killed in a mostly white neighborhood that started based on what he was wearing is not racist. Ok P&N conservatives, got it.

Yes, and the President of the "Hoodies in Deep Cover" club is in this thread talking about he "strives for equality".

mahahaha

May 13, 2009
Yes, and the President of the "Hoodies in Deep Cover" club is in this thread talking about he "strives for equality".

mahahaha

Yet you see no racism with a man being beaten up for wearing a pink shirt. :rolleyes:

At least I'll call it like I see it. Zimmerman was a racist pig just like these fools that beat a white man and his family because they were in the wrong hood. Hypocrite.

SheHateMe

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2012
Yet you see no racism with a man being beaten up for wearing a pink shirt. :rolleyes:

At least I'll call it like I see it. Zimmerman was a racist pig just like these fools that beat a white man and his family because they were in the wrong hood. Hypocrite.

When more of the story comes out that says there was something else going on before the guy even said something about the shirt..then I'll agree with you.

Zimmerman didn't just target Trayvon because he had a hoodie on...and you know that.

Right now, it just looks like some asshole picked a fight with somebody and decided to get his friends so they could jump all of them. A scenario that happens in "the hood" everyday.

You think white people are the only ones who get beat up for something like that? Being in the "wrong hood" "not making it out"? You think that's something exclusively said to whites? Give me a fucking break. :rolleyes: Black males fall victim to that stuff everyday. Getting beat up for being somewhere, getting shot for arguing with the wrong guy, being stabbed to death for standing up for somebody....etc.

Its automatically a hate crime just because the victims were white? Atleast we had audio proof that Zimmerman was prejudiced against Trayvon.

When we get some proof like that, I am sure...everyone will bend over and scream about how evil blacks are for you and SA.

Last edited:

Matt1970

Lifer
Mar 19, 2007

He's not racist for picking on his pink shirt, he is racist for saying he was in the wrong neighborhood and he was not going to make it out.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
Excellent points and I'm parallel to many of your insights on the grey area of this confrontation.

I honestly believe the victim was attacked because he was white. I reverse races and the clarity is as clear. The pink shirt was an excuse to start the race motivated confrontation in both scenarios. I don't think gay concerns are involved at all. We didn't hear of gay slurs, we heard "wrong neighborhood" which is much more likely race driven than gay and/or shirt color driven. I believe the wife being knocked unconscious further makes my point, further the daughter being attacked again rings do to race and not t shirt color or sexual orientation concerns.

For me the pink shirt is a pretty clear distraction from the motivations that would cause the wearer of it and his family to be attacked in this case given other things that were said.

I think it is clear to a point of absurdity.

I agree that the pink shirt could have been a mere pre-text to start a fight with a white guy. But we haven't heard the specifics about what was said about the pink shirt. We're getting fragments from the vic and onlookers at this point. The trouble I have with race being the only motive is that I doubt this guy just attacks every white person he sees in his neighborhood. A gas station in particular is a transient way point where you'll find people who are passing through. He couldn't have been surprised to see a white person there. A person he thinks is gay is a much rarer occurrence. Maybe for whatever reason he just woke up that morning and decided that he would beat up a white guy that day so he went to the gas station to look for one.

I just don't like rushing to judgment without knowing all the facts. Either theory is reasonably credible at this point, and that's about as much as can be said.

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005

Although I agree with you, if this had been a black man in Beverly Hills getting beat down for the same reasons, it'd be all over MSM. Because they are looking at hate crime charges shows there isnt necessarily a double standard, but rather a double standard in MSM.

HamburgerBoy

Lifer
Apr 12, 2004

The Zimmerman altercation started when the hoodie-wearer assaulted Zimmerman. This altercation started when the convicted felon assaulted the pink shirt wearer. failanalogy.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
And as clear as it is, we have the exact same crew members in here defending this child molesting thug as if this has nothing to do with race.

It's truly revolting how far their blatant racism will go just to stand up for someone PURELY due to their color.... Meanwhile they jump at every oppurtunity to make all white people out to be racist..??

This thread is such a perfect example of why we still have racial tension.

Your problem is that you're utterly convinced of something and you really just don't know. You might be right, but that isn't the point. The point is you act like you know you're right when you do not. And there has to be a reason for that. The red flag is in how emotional you are on this topic.

SheHateMe

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2012
Your problem is that you're utterly convinced of something and you really just don't know. You might be right, but that isn't the point. The point is you act like you know you're right when you do not. And there has to be a reason for that. The red flag is in how emotional you are on this topic.

As much as he accuses people of race baiting...its always interesting to see him come to the conclusion that someone is a "thug" or that a white person was a victim of racism right off the bat without any other developments to the story.

IE. Jordan Davis = Thug
Dunn = White victim

Right off the bat.

Everyone else is race baiter...except for him.

Atleast in the Zimmerman case we had audio recording of the 911 call to pretty much show the attitude Zimmerman had about Trayvon while he was walking between those houses. We also have his stupid brother to thank, too.

With the Dunn case, there hasn't been really anyone except Dunn who can corroborate that the blacks were the ones who started all the trouble....yet, Dunn is still a "victim".

Also, the blacks had a magical disappearing shotgun..

Last edited:
Sep 7, 2009
ROFL love the zimmerman and felon thug crew sewage being pumped in here. I guess you all can't do a direct debate on it, so you make little side quips in an attempt to derail the thread. As you know, it has already been officially determined that race was not a factor in the trayvon brutal attack situation... Yet you still keep repeating it in hopes that someone will listen.

A hoodie worn specifically to conceal ID as proven in the gas station video is no different than a ski mask.

If the pink shirt victim had his short wrapped around his head to conceal ID then it would be a fair comparison.

HamburgerBoy

Lifer
Apr 12, 2004
As much as he accuses people of race baiting...its always interesting to see him come to the conclusion that someone is a "thug" or that a white person was a victim of racism right off the bat without any other developments to the story.

IE. Jordan Davis = Thug
Dunn = White victim

Right off the bat.

Atleast in the Zimmerman case we had audio recording of the 911 call to pretty much show the attitude Zimmerman had about Trayvon while he was walking between those houses. We also have his stupid brother to thank, too.

With the Dunn case, there hasn't been really anyone except Dunn who can corroborate that the blacks were the ones who started all the trouble....yet, Dunn is still a "victim".

Yeah, and I guess Mr. Pinkshirt's wife and teenaged daughter were thugs too. lol.

Sep 7, 2009

IE. Jordan Davis = Thug
Dunn = White victim

Right off the bat.

My conclusions are based purely on available evidence and facts, that's it.

I know that conflicts with your purely emotional 'gut feeling' conclusions, but there's not much I can do about that.

And for the record, I never said or insinuated that dunn was any victim.

But again, as usual, you twist and lie to try and prove some point in an effort to make yourself feel better about your racially biased conclusions.

SheHateMe

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2012
Why would he need to hide his ID in the Gas station? He didn't steal anything.

And how came up with the idea that he was wearing the hoodie for that purpose....it was YOU and Geosurface.

My conclusions are based purely on available evidence and facts, that's it.

I know that conflicts with your purely emotional 'gut feeling' conclusions, but there's not much I can do about that.

And for the record, I never said or insinuated that dunn was any victim.

But again, as usual, you twist and lie to try and prove some point in an effort to make yourself feel better about your racially biased conclusions.

I don't need to lie on you. The things that you say about brown suspects are enough to know how you really feel. You are not interested in keeping stuff "equal". I have never seen that from you on this forum...which is why I suggest you go to Stormfront, because they don't apologize for darkies over there and fall more in line with your ideas about darkies wearing hoodies.

HamburgerBoy

Lifer
Apr 12, 2004
ROFL love the zimmerman and felon thug crew sewage being pumped in here. I guess you all can't do a direct debate on it, so you make little side quips in an attempt to derail the thread. As you know, it has already been officially determined that race was not a factor in the trayvon brutal attack situation... Yet you still keep repeating it in hopes that someone will listen.

A hoodie worn specifically to conceal ID as proven in the gas station video is no different than a ski mask.

If the pink shirt victim had his short wrapped around his head to conceal ID then it would be a fair comparison.

Wait, wot? What do the items of clothing themselves have to do with anything? Are you saying that if the guy in the op's story was wearing a pink hoodie, that it would change anything?

OverVolt

Lifer
Aug 31, 2002
I like how instead of breaking up the fight more people piled into the fight and punched his wife/daughter in the face. Classy.

HamburgerBoy

Lifer
Apr 12, 2004
I like how instead of breaking up the fight more people piled into the fight and punched his wife/daughter in the face. Classy.

They were probably wearing pink as well. An obvious consequence of coming into the wrong neighborhood. Let victims be victimized, I say.

Sep 7, 2009
Why would he need to hide his ID in the Gas station? He didn't steal anything.

And how came up with the idea that he was wearing the hoodie for that purpose....it was YOU and Geosurface.

I hate to take your trollbiat, but based on what? His long history involving stolen property, burglary tools, and theft. It's no wonder he had to wear a hoodie in deep cover, he didn't know if he had been picked up on video or what.

Better safe than sorry when casing houses and peering into garages?

Again.... I know it's your MO but you need to stop intentionally derailing threads just because you're pissed off that some trash thug was shot for brutally attacking an innocent man.