Everybody's got that one turd sitting on their hard drive. What's yours?

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

zebano

Diamond Member
Jun 15, 2005
KB:AP... spent 35 hours on it and it's just too repetitive after first spending 60 hours on KB:TL. To make matters worse, I know that I personally hate picking up in the middle of games so I may go back to it, but I'll start over and put another 30 hours into it.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
KB:AP... spent 35 hours on it and it's just too repetitive after first spending 60 hours on KB:TL. To make matters worse, I know that I personally hate picking up in the middle of games so I may go back to it, but I'll start over and put another 30 hours into it.

hehe, same here. I really loved TL, put a lot of time into it. Went straight into AP, but just fizzled our. First--Mage is punishingly difficult early on. WHich is fine, because you are really forced to change your play style if you were comfortable with Warrior.

but there is something about AP--I think the maps, mostly, that it feels like an ad-on to the first one. I'm also not sure if I'll be able to pick it up in the middle.

Coffinmaker

Sep 15, 2010
Titan Quest Immortal Throne. Played it through normal and just can't do the whole thing over again on Epic.

JujuFish

Lifer
Feb 3, 2005
Relax, I was just a trollin. Planescape:Torment is one of the Gods of videogames.
Heh, your post didn't bother me at all. People are entitled to their own opinions. My response was to KaOTiK, who couldn't handle Planescape: Torment being referred to as a turd.

haha you got a couple of them :D
You're the only person who responded to his post. So I guess that means he only got you. :D

KaOTiK

Lifer
Feb 5, 2001
Heh, your post didn't bother me at all. People are entitled to their own opinions. My response was to KaOTiK, who couldn't handle Planescape: Torment being referred to as a turd.

You're the only person who responded to his post. So I guess that means he only got you. :D

Considering I called it a troll post, no

You were the one that got his panties in a twist cause I called it how I saw it(correctly).

JujuFish

Lifer
Feb 3, 2005
Considering I called it a troll post, no

You were the one that got his panties in a twist cause I called it how I saw it(correctly).
lolumad

Protip: my post had nothing to do with his. ;)

It's OK. Happens to the best of us. :D

JujuFish

Lifer
Feb 3, 2005
I can't tell if your serious or just special, either way I don't care though.
You can't tell if my serious or just special what? Come on, man, if you're going to resort to insults, at least be coherent.

KaOTiK

Lifer
Feb 5, 2001
You can't tell if my serious or just special what? Come on, man, if you're going to resort to insults, at least be coherent.

I say that cause every single person I ever met that uses that lolumad is a tard.

I didn't want to just call you want so I left it as it was in my post.

RobertPters77

Feb 11, 2011
Portal 2. I just quit after glados became a potato.

Half Life 2: The original, Ep. 1 and 2.

Just can't get into it: I like FPS', don't get me wrong; but there's just something about those games I just can't get into.

Made myself play HL2 several times and was 90% done, but was sidelined by HDD upgrades, other games or what else have you.

I wouldn't call it a "turd" but I guess I don't like the overly-scripted gameplay.

Now if you're asking about games gathering e-dust in my Steam listing . . ..

Don't constrain yourself. Alot of people hated HL2 and it's episodes. You just have to be aware that valve fans are the macheads of the pc world. Any criticism no matter how truthful or gingerly non-offensive is greeted with outrage and hatred.

Personally I dislike all valve games made after 2003. They're so bland, shallow, and 'Meh.'

Jimmah

Golden Member
Mar 18, 2005
L4D 1 and 2
Evil Genious
DogFighter
GTA3
Jolly Rover (bought it for my son)
Portal (never got into it)
Section 8
SimCity4 Deluxe
Team Fortress 2
AaAaAaAaAAAAA!

pw38

Apr 21, 2010
The Stalker games and Mirrors Edge. The former because I just couldn't get into them after buying them on sale and the latter because for some reason I just don't care about beating it.

baronzemo78

Sep 8, 2006
I installed Doom 3 now that I finally have a kick but 7.1 surround sound system.
I have been lusting after this game for years but wanted it to be super immersive on my 55" TV with 1080P graphics and full surround.

I spent hours trying to get the dang thing to run on my computer. I got widescreen going easy but found out Doom 3 only supports 5.1 surround. I couldn't get any of the graphic mods working right, and spent another several hours researching why my mouse was laggy as hell.

I played maybe 15 minutes and got to the point where all hell is breaking loose but haven't played it in a month.

I will go back to it and I'm sure it's a good game but it was such a frustrating experience I'm almost in the mood to just switch to a different game. Darksiders seems like a fun distraction.

CPA

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001

I had invested so much time in KB:CW that I just had to finish it. The last battle was a super letdown...too easy.

KeithTalent

Elite Member | Administrator | No Lifer
Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
Mass Effect 2 is the most recent one. I've tried, but I just can't get into it and every time start the game it feels more like work than playing a game.

KT