Every once and a while I really get tired of being single...

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

thepd7

Diamond Member
Jan 2, 2005
Originally posted by: ShadowOfMyself
Originally posted by: EvilYoda
I kind of wonder if I should start worrying like you...I like being single and have been so since getting hurt a few years ago. I work with Miss Michigans/Texas's/etc and various models and that's all fun, but I haven't met a smart AND attractive girl in a long time now. I think my ex will be my downfall as she will always be the measuring stick...all 5'3" of her :p

Same here

Because of a past gf my current standards are now impossibly high (well not impossible but) if she wasnt perfection, she was 99.9% close, and obviously I wont settle for anything less than that now... downgrading makes no sense!

I dont enjoy being single that much though... Its specially bad when you have only one or two people you can call "friends"... And what good is having everything if you cant share it with anyone?

If she was so close to perfect why aren't yall still together? Point is to find someone right for you, not someone perfect. It would be pretty boring to live with a perfect woman I think.

PingSpike

Lifer
Feb 25, 2004
Originally posted by: thepd7
Originally posted by: ShadowOfMyself
Originally posted by: EvilYoda
I kind of wonder if I should start worrying like you...I like being single and have been so since getting hurt a few years ago. I work with Miss Michigans/Texas's/etc and various models and that's all fun, but I haven't met a smart AND attractive girl in a long time now. I think my ex will be my downfall as she will always be the measuring stick...all 5'3" of her :p

Same here

Because of a past gf my current standards are now impossibly high (well not impossible but) if she wasnt perfection, she was 99.9% close, and obviously I wont settle for anything less than that now... downgrading makes no sense!

I dont enjoy being single that much though... Its specially bad when you have only one or two people you can call "friends"... And what good is having everything if you cant share it with anyone?

If she was so close to perfect why aren't yall still together? Point is to find someone right for you, not someone perfect. It would be pretty boring to live with a perfect woman I think.

Maybe she realized how perfect she was and then suddenly wondered why she was hanging around with him? :p

Nitemare

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
Originally posted by: MartyMcFly3
Al Green sang it second best...

Group X ftw...

I just want bang bang bang,
I don't want relationship,
I don't want to know your name,
I don't want to meet your mom,
Fresh you drive me insane when you give me that bang bang bang,

(talking)
Okay Annie...
Listen, I don't want to make sex,
Eat Chocolate,
Look at animals,
Take walk, no.
You come home and you say "Hashmir, touch me down there, I like that."
I dont think so Annie. Don't have time, want to drink, cigarette, you know...
you know something Annie, I tell you what...

I don't want to talk to you,
I don't want to know your name,
I don't want relationship,
Fresh you drive me insane when you give me that bang bang bang.

"Oh Hashmir, Hashmir you look so good in that hat.
Why dont you give me lots of kiss?" (wrong)
I don't think so Annie.
You want me to do things to you like the sun and the moon.
Idiot, I don't have time. I have too many deamon.
All I have time for you know what?

I don't want to talk to you,
I dont want to know your name,
Fresh you drive me insane when you give me that bang bang bang.
Fresh, Fresh, Fresh, Fresh, just give me that bang bang bang.

Bang bang bang,
shes a bang bang bang,
bang bang bang,
I dont want relationship
Just give me that bang bang bang...

GasX

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
Ex-Girlfriends are never perfect.

If she broke up with you the you are clearly delusional because she wasn't into you.

If you broke up with her, then you have forgotten what a friggin bitch she was.

Overly fond memories of ex-girlfriends is nothing more than failure to move on.

Randum

Platinum Member
Jan 28, 2004
/beer

as dane cook said in a stand up. not being in a relationship is like you are walking past a really fun looking party, you hear music and people moving around. and you weren't invited. You know it sounds like a cool party.

If you are invited to this party and you're inside- "Wheres my coat, get me the F out of here, this party sucks"

Time, don't force it is my suggestion....

Jadow

Diamond Member
Feb 12, 2003
Originally posted by: KingGheedora
Originally posted by: Jadow
Ahh man, you're only 25. Stick with it. If you hit 30 and are still in the same place, then there'll be issues, but you still have 5 good long years to get it all squared away.

What happens when you're 30?

You turn into Michael Jackson

lokiju

Lifer
May 29, 2003
At your age, women are looking to settle down also, so that should help.

But the older you get the more likely whoever you meet will not be marriage material or be divorced with kids already.

But nothing to worry about at this point though.

You're still plenty young enough to find the right one.

Mxylplyx

Diamond Member
Mar 21, 2007
When I see so many around here claim any woman less attractive than Jessica Alba is fat and ugly, it's no wonder so many are single. Good luck finding that much hyped "perfect woman" so many are after. Any such woman, if they existed, would probably want nothing to do with you.

Jeff7

Lifer
Jan 4, 2001
Originally posted by: savoyboy
i'm almost 26 and i'm still a virgin.
Hey! How am I posting from this username?

I'm presently working on 40 Year-Old Virgin II: The Documentary.

meltdown75

Lifer
Nov 17, 2004
you don't know what you've got until it's gone and you always want what you don't have.

oh, and wrong forum.

slayer202

Lifer
Nov 27, 2005
Originally posted by: Randum
/beer

as dane cook said in a stand up. not being in a relationship is like you are walking past a really fun looking party, you hear music and people moving around. and you weren't invited. You know it sounds like a cool party.

If you are invited to this party and you're inside- "Wheres my coat, get me the F out of here, this party sucks"

Time, don't force it is my suggestion....

I hate dane cook, but that is pretty accurate

Originally posted by: meltdown75
you don't know what you've got until it's gone and you always want what you don't have.

oh, and wrong forum.

true as well

Rudee

Lifer
Apr 23, 2000
A good woman is a luxury not a necessity. Focus on other areas of your life and a good woman will come along. They always do.

jonks

Lifer
Feb 7, 2005
Originally posted by: Jadow
Ahh man, you're only 25. Stick with it. If you hit 30 and are still in the same place, then there'll be issues, but you still have 5 good long years to get it all squared away.

Hey, I resemble that remark!

What do you do if you see your wife stumbling around in the backyard? shoot her again.

Svnla

Lifer
Nov 10, 2003
LOL @ comments about if you are single when you are 30 or older.

<<--- single and happy (most of the times)

Would I like to get married to the right girl? You bet.

Would I like to get married just for the sake of getting married and tired of being single? No way.

TheAdvocate

Platinum Member
Mar 7, 2005
Originally posted by: Aimster
The goal in life is to bang a girl of every race , ethnicity, religion , etc and once you feel as if you have accomplished that then you can look to get into something deep.

Originally posted by: Mwilding
My advice is to go make for yourself an interesting active life. You'll meet her along the way if you don't worry about it.

If you can find a way to synergize these two pieces of advice, you will achieve enlightenment, young grasshopper.

txrandom

Diamond Member
Aug 15, 2004
I have a few deals worked out with high school friends that are girls. If we are both not married at a certain age, we will just get married.

PingSpike

Lifer
Feb 25, 2004
Don't worry about it. As a man, your dating market value will likely go up the older and more established you become. Also, new advances in boner pills will allow you to maintain some level of reproductive ability for years to come.

Rudee

Lifer
Apr 23, 2000
Originally posted by: PingSpike
Don't worry about it. As a man, your dating market value will likely go up the older and more established you become.

True. I don't recall having the confidence I needed to do a lot of dating until I was in my 30's and had finished my degree and had purchased my own home. You'd be surprised how much more appealing you become to the opposite sex when you have your own house and a good career.

homercles337

Diamond Member
Dec 29, 2004
Originally posted by: dug777
I couldn't stand being single. I hate being home alone :eek:

There are other benefits too...

Such as waking up next to the same piece of ass every SINGLE day? :p

moshquerade

No Lifer
Nov 1, 2001
Originally posted by: homercles337
Originally posted by: dug777
I couldn't stand being single. I hate being home alone :eek:

There are other benefits too...

Such as waking up next to the same piece of ass every SINGLE day? :p

but if it's a good piece of ass then it's still good. ;)

jonks

Lifer
Feb 7, 2005
Originally posted by: Rudee
Originally posted by: PingSpike
Don't worry about it. As a man, your dating market value will likely go up the older and more established you become.

True. I don't recall having the confidence I needed to do a lot of dating until I was in my 30's and had finished my degree and had purchased my own home. You'd be surprised how much more appealing you become to the opposite sex when you have your own house and a good career.

Female forum members, close your eyes:

What's the same about women and dog crap? The older they get, the easier they are to pick up. Don't get depressed over women at 25, your best years are definitely ahead of you. When you're 35 you'll be able to comfortably date 25-45 year olds.