Every once and a while I really get tired of being single...

BigToque

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
I've been in a few long-term relationships and go on a fair number of dates, but I'm getting to the point that I'm really starting to dislike being single.

I'm 25 and looking to settle down with a nice, smart girl and it's proving to be damn near impossible.

I went on a date recently with a girl that I really liked. She seemed great and I would have loved to get to know her a little more. Turns out that she's not that interested in me. Fair enough.

It's really starting to get me down though... I'm tired of one night stands and all the other useless crap. I want to meet someone nice and the ones I meet that I like don't seem to be interested in me...

/beer

Jeff7

Lifer
Jan 4, 2001
(:)thumbsup:)).....(:)thumbsup:)).....(:)thumbsup:)).....(:)thumbsup:)).....(:)thumbsup:)).....(:)thumbsup:))
.......(:)thumbsup:)).....(:)thumbsup:)).....(:)thumbsup:)).....(:)thumbsup:)).....(:)thumbsup:)).....(:)thumbsup:))

Jadow

Diamond Member
Feb 12, 2003
Ahh man, you're only 25. Stick with it. If you hit 30 and are still in the same place, then there'll be issues, but you still have 5 good long years to get it all squared away.

EvilYoda

Lifer
Apr 1, 2001
I kind of wonder if I should start worrying like you...I like being single and have been so since getting hurt a few years ago. I work with Miss Michigans/Texas's/etc and various models and that's all fun, but I haven't met a smart AND attractive girl in a long time now. I think my ex will be my downfall as she will always be the measuring stick...all 5'3" of her :p

BigToque

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: EvilYoda
I kind of wonder if I should start worrying like you...I like being single and have been so since getting hurt a few years ago. I work with Miss Michigans/Texas's/etc and various models and that's all fun, but I haven't met a smart AND attractive girl in a long time now. I think my ex will be my downfall as she will always be the measuring stick...all 5'3" of her :p

I hate having that god damn measuring stick.

Ignorance is bliss!

KingGheedora

Diamond Member
Jun 24, 2006
Originally posted by: Jadow
Ahh man, you're only 25. Stick with it. If you hit 30 and are still in the same place, then there'll be issues, but you still have 5 good long years to get it all squared away.

What happens when you're 30?

TallBill

Lifer
Apr 29, 2001
I'm 25 and happily married. If I wasn't, I would be going insane trying to find someone. I can only imagine the pressure. I have a 27 year old friend who is starting to get upset about still being single, but I guess it just happens. Tough to meet people.

Aimster

Lifer
Jan 5, 2003
The goal in life is to bang a girl of every race , ethnicity, religion , etc and once you feel as if you have accomplished that then you can look to get into something deep.

For now you are young my friend. Bang and ditch and repeat process.

I should take my own advice. :(

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
Originally posted by: KingGheedora

Very little happens to you, however the women you date tend to be a few years older.

Oh & wrong forum.

StuckMojo

Golden Member
Oct 28, 1999
Originally posted by: Captante
Originally posted by: KingGheedora

Very little happens to you, however the women you date tend to be a few years older.

Oh & wrong forum.

pfft. in my experience they stay the same age....and get more annoying.

TheNewbie

Jul 17, 2007
Originally posted by: Aimster
The goal in life is to bang a girl of every race , ethnicity, religion , etc and once you feel as if you have accomplished that then you can look to get into something deep.

I've fapped to all of the above, I feel accomplished in a way.

ShadowOfMyself

Diamond Member
Jun 22, 2006

Same here

Because of a past gf my current standards are now impossibly high (well not impossible but) if she wasnt perfection, she was 99.9% close, and obviously I wont settle for anything less than that now... downgrading makes no sense!

I dont enjoy being single that much though... Its specially bad when you have only one or two people you can call "friends"... And what good is having everything if you cant share it with anyone?

dug777

Lifer
Oct 13, 2004
I couldn't stand being single. I hate being home alone :eek:

There are other benefits too...

MartyMcFly3

Lifer
Jan 18, 2003
www.youtube.com
Al Green sang it best...

I'm so tired of being alone,
I'm so tired of on-my-own,
won't you help me, girl,
just as soon as you can.
People say that I've found a way,
to make you say,
that you love me.
But baby,
you didn't go for that,
me, it's a natural fact,
that I wanna come back,
show me where it's at, baby.

won't you help me, girl,
just as soon as you can.
I guess you know that I, uh,
love you so,
even though,
you don't want me no more,
hey, hey, hey, I'm cryin' tears,
all through the years,
I tell you like it is,
honey, love me if you can.

Ya baby,
tired of being alone here by myself,
I tell ya, I'm tired baby,
I'm tired of being all wrapt up late at night,
in my dreams, nobody but you, baby.
Sometimes I wonder,
if you love me like you say you do,
You see baby, I've been thinking about you,
I've been wanting to get next to you, baby,
Sometimes I hold my arms and I say,
Mmmmm hmmmm hmmmm,
O baby, needing you has proven to me,
to be my greatest dream.

...Sometimes late at night I get to wonderin' about you baby,
Baby, baby, ya...

CorCentral

Banned
Feb 11, 2001
Originally posted by: ShadowOfMyself

Same here

Because of a past gf my current standards are now impossibly high (well not impossible but) if she wasnt perfection, she was 99.9% close, and obviously I wont settle for anything less than that now... downgrading makes no sense!

I dont enjoy being single that much though... Its specially bad when you have only one or two people you can call "friends"... And what good is having everything if you cant share it with anyone?

Pilgrim, if you won't accept less than 99.9%, you are going to be shit out of luck unless you either have A...... Money, or B ....... Looks!

And that's my final answer
I've officially been up for 22+ hours........... Tired now, sleep I will NOW!

Now I will sleep, for sleeeeep is good

My head weighs 30 pounds, Night

IceBergSLiM

Lifer
Jul 11, 2000
Spend some time with your friends that are in a relationship. That will quickly snap you out of this stupid mentality.

GasX

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
My advice is to go make for yourself an interesting active life. You'll meet her along the way if you don't worry about it.

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
Originally posted by: TheNewbie
Originally posted by: Aimster

I've fapped to all of the above, I feel accomplished in a way.

you gotta start somewhere.