Every Day Is Worse.

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Jul 27, 2020
The very first sign it's gonna be a bad day?

You wake up.
I don't disagree. Sure, there are plenty of good things life treats you with, but the bad stuff just sticks and hurts more and hence, at least for me, I would rather not continue to avoid the bad stuff. But the thing we need to realize is, this life is a journey, to be a witness of the Grand Plan and because, we are not alive in isolation. We might be alive just to support others who need us and who are counting on us. It's a tough pill to swallow. We can only make it easier by pretending to be cheerful, even though deep down, we know this just seems somewhat unfair, to be forced to stay alive against our will. Not everyone is able to handle shit as well as most people. Life is one heck of a challenge. I can't really say that I'm enthusiastic about living, especially after having lost so many battles. Right now, I'm just waiting to turn 42. Because apparently, it's the answer to the question of life.

Nov 17, 2019
Wrist don't feel good at all. Sore and tight, but I can do everything. Wiping after going is about the worst so far. No visible swelling, no discoloration and full range motion in all directions, just some moderate pain. Guess we'll see how it goes for another day or three since most non-emergency places are closed until then.

Jul 27, 2020
Wrist don't feel good at all. Sore and tight, but I can do everything. Wiping after going is about the worst so far. No visible swelling, no discoloration and full range motion in all directions, just some moderate pain. Guess we'll see how it goes for another day or three since most non-emergency places are closed until then.
Cover it up with an ice bag to reduce the swelling. Also, a hot cup of cocoa will help with its anti-inflammatory effects.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003

Thanks for sharing? :rolleyes:

(cut back on the fapping and it might heal)

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
Happy New Year!!! :p

Edit: Hope for the best, prepare for the worst, get something in between.

Edit2: That may be a feature, not a bug.

A couple from William Blake...

Eternity is in love with the productions of time.

The thankful receiver bears a plentiful harvest.

Last edited:
Reactions: sandorski

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
Laying here looking at the ceiling seems to be the option least likely to result in injury.
Whoever plastered the ceiling in my bedroom had a good imagination. They made lots and lots of prominent swirls. The overall effect is psychedelic. It was obviously intentional, so you can look at the ceiling and be engaged. I've never seen anything like it anywhere! :D

Jul 27, 2020
I often dream about freezing time. That would give me enough time to catch up on my sleep (I'm a voracious sleeper!), play videogames to my heart's content and watch all the movies/TV series I could ever wish for. It would be fun wandering around frozen cities and supermarkets (like Will Smith in "I Am Legend", except that was an abandoned city). Hey, with infinite frozen time (meaning I don't age either), I could come up with some significant inventions/works of art too!

Nov 17, 2019
^^ I often dream about annihilating the entire human population in one fell swoop.

Life After People and all.

life-after-people-the-series-20090607040049306-history-channel.jpg

Wish them away to the cornfield.

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
I don't disagree. Sure, there are plenty of good things life treats you with, but the bad stuff just sticks and hurts more and hence, at least for me, I would rather not continue to avoid the bad stuff. But the thing we need to realize is, this life is a journey, to be a witness of the Grand Plan and because, we are not alive in isolation. We might be alive just to support others who need us and who are counting on us. It's a tough pill to swallow. We can only make it easier by pretending to be cheerful, even though deep down, we know this just seems somewhat unfair, to be forced to stay alive against our will. Not everyone is able to handle shit as well as most people. Life is one heck of a challenge. I can't really say that I'm enthusiastic about living, especially after having lost so many battles. Right now, I'm just waiting to turn 42. Because apparently, it's the answer to the question of life.
You should really read the inaccurately named Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy trilogy so you can actually understand the reference, and why it's all the more amusing when people go around referencing it without knowing what it actually means (and more importantly, the actual proper question). They're (mostly) good books, and not difficult to read.

Reactions: igor_kavinski
Nov 17, 2019
^^^

JACKSON TWO-BEARS: Kid, Kid, what a time to fall off the wagon. Look at your eyes.

KID SHELLEEN: What's wrong with my eyes?

JACKSON TWO-BEARS: Well they're red, bloodshot.

KID SHELLEEN: You ought to see 'em from my side.

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
Yeah, I think it's time I leave this place.
It seems weird for this to be the thing that pushes you out, we've had plenty of wackadoodles, but I know it's not the first time you've thought about it (and I left for a few years too)