Eric Garner all over again

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

brainhulk

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2007
Man, the dude was unconscious and he was still putting his weight on his neck. WTF? That is insane. That is murder.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
I dare anyone to have themselves choked with the possibility of dying and not resist. The training cops get is obviously shit.

I'm wondering if some armed members of the public aren't going to avenge this. The blatancy of this murder is out in the open for all to see. And few people believe they'll see justice.

Svnla

Lifer
Nov 10, 2003
Protests -

ThatsInsane/comments/grk90f
ActualPublicFreakouts/comments/grez96

Embedded, auto play videos excised. NO EMBEDDED VIDEOS PLEASE.

Perknose
Forum Director

Last edited by a moderator:

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
I'm wondering if some armed members of the public aren't going to avenge this. The blatancy of this murder is out in the open for all to see. And few people believe they'll see justice.

You mean like real “patriots” who threaten to kill their fellow Americans if we don’t open up this country fully and without masks? The same “patriots” who wear military garb and carry guns in public spaces while complaining about tyranny?

Lol, no, those pussies won’t lift a finger for real injustice. They’ve got haircuts and nails to trim.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
I have always said eventually things will escalate! I don`t understand how the Police think they can take on an entire armed community.....

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
I'm guessing there will be some prosecutorial hanky panky and this guy will walk. I just have no faith that there can be justice when a cop is involve unless the cop wronged another cop.

After watching the whole Kelly Thomas fiasco, I am in awe of how the system will work to protect evil cops.
If those 4 cops walk there will be big trouble in Minneapolis, hang your hat on it. There will be riots, lots of riots. The mayor knows it, you can see it in his face, in his words, in his gestures. I expect at least the guy who kneeled on Floyd's neck for 8 straight minutes and killed him will be convicted. That's the least thing. But I think the other 3 cops should not just be fired. They should be convicted of at least being accessory to the crime. Any one of those 3 could have prevented the death. Yes, it would have been brave, but it was their duty. I think that should be the line of reasoning in court. It was not just their duty, but they not doing their duty in this instance was criminal.

If those other 3 guys aren't convicted it will send a message to cops everywhere that the worst that will happen to them if they are derelict in their duty to fulfill their sworn mission to protect the public the worst that awaits them is losing their jobs. That is a bad precedent. Cops should think and feel that their loyalty should not be to their fellow officers as much as it is to the public they are sworn to defend.

Last edited:

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
If those 4 cops walk there will be big trouble in Minneapolis, hang your hat on it. There will be riots, lots of riots. The mayor knows it, you can see it in his face, in his words, in his gestures. I expect at least the guy who kneeled on Floyd's neck and killed him will be convicted. That's the least thing. But I think the other 3 cops should not just be fired. They should be convicted of at least being accessory to the crime. Any one of those 3 could have prevented the death. Yes, it would have been brave, but it was their duty. I think that should be the line of reasoning in court. It was not just their duty, but they not doing there duty in this instance was criminal.
What made me even angrier was if you watch the video closely you will see a short chubby officer just standing there doing nothing right in front of the officer who had his knee on the human beings neck......

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
I have always said eventually things will escalate! I don`t understand how the Police think they can take on an entire armed community.....
There are places in Chicago where the police don't dare go. They fear for their lives and it's not just paranoia. Could that happen in Minneapolis? I suppose it could.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
FYI: I saw the store owner interviewed on news tonight. He said that Floyd had paid his bill with a counterfeit twenty dollar bill. As far as he was concerned he had no reason to believe that Floyd knew it was counterfeit.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
FYI: I saw the store owner interviewed on news tonight. He said that Floyd had paid his bill with a counterfeit twenty dollar bill. As far as he was concerned he had no reason to believe that Floyd knew it was counterfeit.
Also during the mayors press conference it was pointed out that there should not have even been such a huge Police presence for a counterfeit bill! Which given the pandemic was tantamount to not even worth having the Police respond!
Yet -- I am surprised that the police Union has not backed the 4 fired officers....

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
If someone set out for a career as an LEO and find that the job is too frustrating and your anger starts to affect how your performing your job then just fucking quit. These assholes got mad at this guy so in effect they murdered him, I hope they face murder 1 charges over this. At least the Mayor and PD chief look to be moving swiftly on this as they need to and should.
Butch I agree with you!! But in this case it wasn`t to hard for the prick! He just wanted to punish the Black man......Just look at how the knee was on the guys neck! The poli....fucktard had his hands in his pockets.......

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
Don`t be surprised if the headlines read.......Officer acquitted of all charged! Then the next day -- Officer killed by unknown black assailant.....

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
Donald Trump said it was a very very sad day! No remourse for the Black man who was killed! Just a sad day?? Why because white cops were filmed killing a black man?

Mai72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2012
What do you expect to happen when police are allowed to murder people with no accountability? Now what if they have been able to do that for decades?
Do you think people are going to just grab a ticket and wait in line for their turn to be heard?
What you're seeing is a symptom of a much, much larger problem.

Exactly. The system is screwed. What sucks is that even if the other cops wanted to say something, they couldn't or else the union or their fellow coworkers would make their life very hard. It's a sad system that needs to change from within. I don't see that happening though. Maybe this will be the start to some much needed change.

Svnla

Lifer
Nov 10, 2003
The cop with the knee at the neck is so screwed. How could any lawyer expects to go to court to defense that kind of behavior. The guy was on the ground, he was in compliance, he was no longer a threat. I don't see how anyone on the jury of the trial would acquit him. I know I wouldn't.

BUTCH1

Lifer
Jul 15, 2000
The cop with the knee at the neck is so screwed. How could any lawyer expects to go to court to defense that kind of behavior. The guy was on the ground, he was in compliance, he was no longer a threat. I don't see how anyone on the jury of the trial would acquit him. I know I wouldn't.
Unless he tried to grab a gun from a LEO no other behavior would be cause for that, they just chocked the friggin life out of this dude, it was a tough thing to watch.

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
I will be shocked if the cop with his knee on Floyd's neck doesnt go to prison. And if he somehow gets off state charges the feds will nail him. This is as obvious as the South Carolina cop who shot the man in the back, got off on state charges and pleaded out with the feds to spend time behind bars. The other cops who did nothing while this guy murdered Mr. Floyd I suspect have a strong possibility of walking.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
I will be shocked if the cop with his knee on Floyd's neck doesnt go to prison. And if he somehow gets off state charges the feds will nail him. This is as obvious as the South Carolina cop who shot the man in the back, got off on state charges and pleaded out with the feds to spend time behind bars. The other cops who did nothing while this guy murdered Mr. Floyd I suspect have a strong possibility of walking.
ya think?? or ya wish...

Nov 29, 2006
This cop should hang in town square for protesters to stone. This was blatant murder and he should have known he wasnt moving or resisting under his knee.