Eric Garner all over again

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Well, watching live now. Things are escalating again. Presser wasn't much help. Need charges folks. not rhetoric.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
Well, watching live now. Things are escalating again. Presser wasn't much help. Need charges folks. not rhetoric.
Let me tell you worse case scenario which I do not wish to happen!! Is that the national guard decides they need to defend themselves........I can see this escalation nationwide.......we don`t need race riots!!

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Correct me if wrong if a killing is eye witnessed on the streets arrests are made? Is there any reason why at least the cop who killed Floyd isn't in jail? You only need probable cause to arrest. There is already enough probable cause.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Correct me if wrong if a killing is eye witnessed on the streets arrests are made? Is there any reason why at least the cop who killed Floyd isn't in jail? You only need probable cause to arrest. There is already enough probable cause.
I'm completely flabbergasted why at least the cop who kneed the guy to death on video can't be charged with assault at the minimum. Cop or citizen.

Reactions: JEDIYoda

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
while i understand invoking the 5th amendment is a right, it's also almost never a good look:

all 4 officers involved invoke 5A

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
also worth watching:

i hope this can give some people a sense of the pain that ravages a family, a community, and a whole part of this country every time this happens.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
while i understand invoking the 5th amendment is a right, it's also almost never a good look:

all 4 officers involved invoke 5A
They know they fucked up!! Their lawyers are probably dreading representing them...
We always say that the majority of officers are good officers! That is basically not true! Why? Because technically there were 3 other officers who should have or could have stopped this death by one PIG.......
Unless the good officers step up and speak out them nothing will change short of a complete dismantling of all Police departments and if the good officers do not speak up they are also bad officers.....it is complete BS when anybody says well the majority are good.......that is laughable and sad!!

Svnla

Lifer
Nov 10, 2003

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
The big Mall of America is closing early today at 2 p.m.

I am truly saddened that things have to keep escalating until somebody stands up and says enough if enough!! Just because the Mother f....... was a cop does not make him special!! If it was anyone of us, we would have been immediately arrested and charged with attempted murder and then after the man died we would have been charged with murder! This dude should be in jail, with NO bail!!

ewdotson

Golden Member
Oct 30, 2011
Y'all seen the video of the guy in black (with high end gas mask, jacketed, gloved and carrying an umbrella on a hot, rainless day) smashing the windows of an Autozone in remarkably businesslike fashion? It is, at the least, deeply weird:

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
Y'all seen the video of the guy in black (with high end gas mask, jacketed, gloved and carrying an umbrella on a hot, rainless day) smashing the windows of an Autozone in remarkably businesslike fashion? It is, at the least, deeply weird:

I am so disgusted that this white officer is not under arrest that all i have to say about what you posted is....so what??

ewdotson

Golden Member
Oct 30, 2011
I am so disgusted that this white officer is not under arrest that all i have to say about what you posted is....so what??
If you'll pardon the tin-foil-hattery (and without a whole lot more information, I freely admit that it's tin-foil hat material), there's a good bit of speculation that the guy in that video was a cop as well acting as an agent provocateur.

[DHT]Osiris

Lifer
Dec 15, 2015
Probable false flag or someone attempting to spread fear/hate further by pretending to be a protester, destroying shit to make it seem like they did it. That's someone everyone should care about as it diminishes the point of the protests.
EDIT:
agent provocateur
There's the phrase.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
If you'll pardon the tin-foil-hattery (and without a whole lot more information, I freely admit that it's tin-foil hat material), there's a good bit of speculation that the guy in that video was a cop as well acting as an agent provocateur.
You know I was not being rude towards you! What you posted needed to be posted! I respect your right to post! I also thank You for your response! I am so disgusted that it never crossed my mind! That could very well be the case! Lets hope it is not the case! Because if it is the case then all black people have quite a bit more than what just happened to worry about! This whole thing has evolved into being very disgusting for both sides!

ewdotson

Golden Member
Oct 30, 2011
No worries, I didn't think you were being rude. I knew I was kind of vague since I really do hate being a conspiracy-monger and I couldn't say anything definitive beyond, "that's really odd".

Reactions: JEDIYoda

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Wow, they are trying to storm the police headquarters in Minneapolis. They got it caught on fire, and they've got the streets blocked so the FD can't get in. Gona be a long night. Maybe a long summer.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
Damn from what i just heard, I could be wrong, but the Police Department itself is on fire......
The Police are doing jack shit!! The national guard are available, but somebody way higher up has decided to let this play out with NO Police presence!!
Even the firemen are holding back at a safe distance!!

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
I can see it all now!!! We have video of the people who burned out Police station down!
Mario Cuomo -- What did they look like?
Minneapolis Police Spokesperson -- They were black! Well duh......

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
Damn The former Police Cheif of Washington. DC said they should march on the White House and march on the Justice Department........good for him!
All the FOX news commentators are so clueless........we need to have dialogue instead of the riots! hahaha....truthfully a dialogue has been tried....nothing happens, ever.......
well back to CNN!!

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
One of the commentators said they need to bring in the national guard!! No they don`t!! We do not need more deaths caused by white people under the guise of the law!!
The first step is to arrest the Police officers involved! Now you have done something that indicates you are willing to listen....
This could become very bloody.......

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
I am going out on a limb here.......but I really do hope this spreads to other cities across America!
Why? Because it is clear that the powers that be do not want, they do not want, they do not want any change to take place!
People have talked and talked until they were blew in the face!
Plus when a Police officer was convicted it was a black Police officer killing a now wait -- just wait -- a WHITE woman!!

QueBert

Lifer
Jan 6, 2002
Reading the comments on TMZ, I know a lot are bored trolls who just want to stir the pot. But a lot are serious, saying he was a criminal? a bunch said they hope more cops kill more black thugs. Trolls will troll but how and the fuck could even a racist moron defend what the cops did? Ahmaud Arbery comes to mind, only because the racists online tried so hard to make him into a super thug so the killing was justified. I thought it HAD to be trolling, but maybe it's not. The craziest comment I read, said "a person can't say "I can't breath" if they truly can't breathe they'll be unable to talk. I suspect he was high on drugs and died from a hearttack" and the 1 reply agreed with him. I thought there's no way it couldn't be a troll, but then I realized how some people out there really think like this.

The rioters should burn the whole fucking city down, enough's enough. I haven't been following anything that's happened on the police side, but I take it they're still reviewing the video to decide what action to take? I mean I know the cops are fired, or on paid leave. But the video needs no review, arrest and jail officers immediately. The one who kill him, and the others who just stood there and allowed it to happen. I don't see any gray area here.

Last edited:

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Think maybe some of the anarchists have shown up. Looking at who was stoking the fire in front of the police station with plywood sheets, I estimate 3/4 of them are young white males.