Eric Garner all over again

Page 51 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

DAPUNISHER

Super Moderator CPU Forum Mod and Elite Member
Super Moderator
Aug 22, 2001
Drew done goofed

EZoRxBAVcAA2EoM

EZr_20HXsAA_MT7

He is toast, that apology rings completely hollow.

Reactions: KMFJD

DrunkenSano

Diamond Member
Aug 8, 2008
I already said why you are wrong here in my original post.

If you adjust for population ONLY, then yes it looks like blacks are killed more often. That is a very BAD bit of math to do here. When you adjust for criminal contacts made with police, ie how often the police actually come into contact with a specific ethnic group, white people are far more likely to be killed than black people. Straight up because 4% of the population, IE young black males from ages of 14-34, come into contact with police at a ridiculously higher rate (more so in specific areas of the country) than any other demographic. This holds true for all other demographics. Based on that, it is statistically more likely if you are not black to be shot at any given police encounter than if you are black.

As far as the drugs, that is just the article I read at the time the other day and saw people talking about. Whether there is more to the autopsy or not to go we'll all find out in due time.

RacistPie, you like easy to understand numbers right? Maybe a picture will help your pea sized brain understand numbers better what African Americans go through in our country.

zxbhw82prx251.png

[DHT]Osiris

Lifer
Dec 15, 2015
It's funny because they think that people liking them is a prerequisite to doing their job. Extra ironic because we're forced to pay their wages whether we support them or not. So yeah basically just like the fucking mob (except the fucking mob actually leaves you alone if you make your payments).

• Wow
Reactions: DAPUNISHER

QueBert

Lifer
Jan 6, 2002

WHAT? The Caucasian man got in trouble for breaking cerfew AND had a $100 bond? I'm going to riot to protest, this is bullshit. White people can do whatever the fuck they want whenever the fuck they want. This is outrageous and I won't stand for this shit. And the black person only had a $500 bond, which means he was RELEASED from jail? Why the fuck was he released? And why the fuck didn't the cops kill him or attempt to kill him?

on a serious note, is that 2nd guy suppose to be the Asian? he looks like Trident to me.

Last edited:

QueBert

Lifer
Jan 6, 2002
RacistPie, you like easy to understand numbers right? Maybe a picture will help your pea sized brain understand numbers better what African Americans go through in our country.

zxbhw82prx251.png

That chart doesn't factor in reasoning, not a single one of those 19 Caucasians killed by the police was killed by a cops knee in their neck for 8+ minutes. I bet if you factored in just vs unjust killings it would be like 3 caucasian's killed for every 50 African Americans. And based off that chart I'm shocked, us white american's are THIRTEENTH! Holy fuck I never realized how dangerous it was to be a white American in American :( Afer seeing countless white people shoot up movie theaters and black churches, killing dozens of people and being taken in alive without a scratch on them. I'd be terrified to find out what the 19 who got kill by the police actually did. Maybe they were selling single cigarettes on a street corner?

And black people should stop rioting and be grateful, as there are 3 groups of people killed more than them by the police. Although I not sure if Burkina Faso isn't a made up one.

*EDIT* I Googled it, it's black people too, just from Africa and not African American. So I would take a wild guess and think cops who kill them see black people and just assume they're African Americans. Damn most of bottom 3rd of that chart is basically black people.

Last edited:
Reactions: dank69

HumblePie

Lifer
Oct 30, 2000

zxbhw82prx251.png

Because I am pointing out numbers you don't like I am racist now? Dumbass.

You realize that Black Ameicans are the ones accounting for the vast majority of that bar graph in terms of the killers? It is black on black violence that has been huge since the 70s in this country that account for the majority of that blue line. Also, the vast majority of those happen in high concentrated urban areas in more control of gangs than anything else. You exclude black deaths from gang violence in those areas from that graph, and black deaths in America is basically one of the lowest statistics there. The homicide and murder rate of places like Baltimore, St Louis, Chicago, and other highly gang ran urban centers are worst than most of the third world countries on the planet. It is sad fact. Wish it wasn't so. If you want to take about race on different race violent crime, the numbers from the FBI, and BJS all show that victims of violent crime are more likely to be attack by those of their own race than outside it. That black on white crime is far more prevalent than white on black crime. Another odd note, is that 16% of white women raped are done by black men, but less there is less than 5 a year of black women raped by white men across the country. Usually that number is 0 since at least 2012 when I checked a few years from the BJS info.

Good video to watch

I am not drawing the conclusion that race is the reason for the problem either. You are. That makes you racist. Not me. The problem is complex and has various reasons for it. There is no easy solution either at this point for the problem. Pointing fingers and screaming RACIST at people just because they point out the numbers you don't like to see certainly doesn't solve anything.

Last edited:

QueBert

Lifer
Jan 6, 2002

You realize that Black Ameicans are the ones accounting for the vast majority of that bar graph in terms of the killers? It is black on black violence that has been huge since the 70s in this country that account for the majority of that blue line. Also, the vast majority of those happen in high concentrated urban areas in more control of gangs than anything else. You exclude black deaths from gang violence in those areas from that graph, and black deaths in America is basically one of the lowest statistics there. The homicide and murder rate of places like Baltimore, St Louis, Chicago, and other highly gang ran urban centers are worst than most of the third world countries on the planet. It is sad fact. Wish it wasn't so.

I am not drawing the conclusion that race is the reason for the problem either. You are. That makes you racist. Not me. The problem is complex and has various reasons for it. There is no easy solution either at this point for the problem. Pointing fingers and screaming RACIST at people just because they point out the numbers you don't like to see certainly doesn't solve anything.

Wait wait, so your logic goes like this

"Well, since black people kill other black people a lot, it's okay for cops to kill black people" That bar graph's about cops killing people, not regular people killing regular people. I guess since gang violence exists it excuses cops when they do the same thing the gang members do?

Reactions: dank69

DrunkenSano

Diamond Member
Aug 8, 2008

You realize that Black Ameicans are the ones accounting for the vast majority of that bar graph in terms of the killers? It is black on black violence that has been huge since the 70s in this country that account for the majority of that blue line. Also, the vast majority of those happen in high concentrated urban areas in more control of gangs than anything else. You exclude black deaths from gang violence in those areas from that graph, and black deaths in America is basically one of the lowest statistics there. The homicide and murder rate of places like Baltimore, St Louis, Chicago, and other highly gang ran urban centers are worst than most of the third world countries on the planet. It is sad fact. Wish it wasn't so. If you want to take about race on different race violent crime, the numbers from the FBI, and BJS all show that victims of violent crime are more likely to be attack by those of their own race than outside it. That black on white crime is far more prevalent than white on black crime. Another odd note, is that 16% of white women raped are done by black men, but less there is less than 5 a year of black women raped by white men across the country. Usually that number is 0 since at least 2012 when I checked a few years from the BJS info.

Good video to watch

Words fall from your mouth like shit from ass.

"Well, since black people kill other black people a lot, it's okay for cops to kill black people" That bar graph's about cops killing people, not regular people killing regular people. I guess since gang violence exists it excuses cops when they do the same thing the gang members do?

Black people doesn't fit into his perfect world so any excuse to yeet them is okay in his book.

Reactions: zinfamous

HumblePie

Lifer
Oct 30, 2000

WTF? I never said that and you are making a horrible strawman argument. I am pointing to perspective the narrative that black people are killed more than white people by police. I was also stating how stupid the analogy posted earlier about BLM was. It was stupid because it had based the analogy off incorrect facts and assumptions.

Just because I am posting actual data about what is going on doesn't mean I am speaking from one side or the other. Shut your pie hole with your vomit.