Eric Garner all over again

Page 50 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

pauldun170

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2011
Reactions: JEDIYoda and KMFJD

fleshconsumed

Diamond Member
Feb 21, 2002
Video shows police destroying medical station at North Carolina protest; mayor looks for answers

Police is completely out of control. I do get that there are good cops out there, and it's possible they outnumber the "bad cops", but damn, is is absolutely stunning watching all of the excessive police violence against peaceful protesters and innocent bystanders. Really makes me think just what is the good to bad cop ratio? Do we really have more good cops than the bad ones?

ecogen

Golden Member
Dec 24, 2016

ecogen

Golden Member
Dec 24, 2016
Video shows police destroying medical station at North Carolina protest; mayor looks for answers

Police is completely out of control. I do get that there are good cops out there, and it's possible they outnumber the "bad cops", but damn, is is absolutely stunning watching all of the excessive police violence against peaceful protesters and innocent bystanders. Really makes me think just what is the good to bad cop ratio? Do we really have more good cops than the bad ones?

Didn't see any "good cops" in that video stopping their colleagues from destroying a city sanctioned medical station and supplies.

Edit: I wonder how many of them will receive any kind of disciplinary action.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
Didn't see any "good cops" in that video stopping their colleagues from destroying a city sanctioned medical station and supplies.

Edit: I wonder how many of them will receive any kind of disciplinary action.
These are more of us than there are them.........they cannot be allowed to go on under the guise of being Police! If they truly were Police and if there truly were any good Police that would have been stopped!!

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
What is sad is the Police always say I thought I saw a gun or i heard somebody say they saw a gun......then according to our rigged justice system that gives the cops permission to kill with no repercusions!
More Police brutality----

Sean Monterrosa, 22, of San Francisco died after the shooting at around 12:30 a.m. Tuesday, but police did not tell the public the man was killed — or disclose the circumstances of the shooting — until Wednesday at a news conference outside City Hall, a day after calling in 50 troops from the National Guard to help control protests and rioting sparked by the Minnesota police killing of George Floyd.

In a Wednesday afternoon news conference, Vallejo Police Chief Shawny Williams said the officer believed he saw the butt of a handgun poking out near Monterrosa’s waist, and opened fire “due to this perceived threat.”

Reactions: KMFJD

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
On another front...we have Hannity going off and as usual being disngenuous and claiming he is not a White Dude of privilege....
Then we have poor Fucker Carlson who appears to be a little kid who is confused and can`t make up his mind...lolol

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005
Reactions: [DHT]Osiris

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001

Also saw this tidbit in Philly

monday: Di Bruno Bros cafe/market has a sign out front saying they offer free lunch to the philly pd

yesterday: Di Bruno Bros puts out a letter saying they're sorry for being fucking tone-deaf, no more free lunch for cops, and they're donating to BLM and the NAACP

this morning: the Philly FOP president announces a city-wide cop boycott of Di Bruno Bros

No loss, they weren't making money by giving handouts to cops anyway.

Edit: I'm curious as to how many cops accepted the free meals and how often. Other government workers would get fired for accepting gifts from the people they serve.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005

Also saw this tidbit in Philly

monday: Di Bruno Bros cafe/market has a sign out front saying they offer free lunch to the philly pd

yesterday: Di Bruno Bros puts out a letter saying they're sorry for being fucking tone-deaf, no more free lunch for cops, and they're donating to BLM and the NAACP

this morning: the Philly FOP president announces a city-wide cop boycott of Di Bruno Bros

POLICE MENTALITY -- IF your not with us you must be the enemy!

Reactions: zinfamous and KMFJD

[DHT]Osiris

Lifer
Dec 15, 2015
I've honestly gotten to the point where I feel like every single police department needs to be gutted, top down. I cannot see another path to positive resolution at this point.

Reactions: Brainonska511