Enron Verdict to be read at 8am - Alaska Time - GUILTY!

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Future Shock

Aug 28, 2005
Bush won't pardon him. There is simply too much public outrage, ironically in Texas itself where Bush's base resides. And Skilling in particular never had the civic face that Lay did, but you can't pardon Lay without pardoning Skilling (who's denials were not particularly believable). So I think Bush has to let them both do their time at Club Feds....

Future Shock

DealMonkey

Lifer
Nov 25, 2001
Originally posted by: alchemize
Originally posted by: dmcowen674
If Bush had intended to save Lay and Skilling - he would have bailed them out as was the rumour at the time. He severed his ties with them...no way will he pardon.

100% guaranteed he won't pardon them. I'll be right for about the 3,745th time where Dave was wrong. On his death bed he'll say "maybe I was a moron".

I am a Moron, so what's your point?

I'd rather be a Moron than a brainwashed Bush Regime supporter.

Make that 3,747. Neither am I brainwashed, nor a "Bush Regime Supporter". At least you were right on the moron part.

Care to make a wager Dave on the pardon? I'll bet you any amount you choose you will be wrong. You can't go wrong - you 100% promised! I've been here 6 years, you've been here 7. We'll both be here to settle up. How much?

I'll bet you $5 on Dave's behalf. Not because I necessarily believe him, rather I seek to make things more interesting around here. :p

Let me know.

Jun 27, 2005
We should start a "Pardon Pool". Each of us picks ten names. The one with the most correct answers wins.

alchemize

Lifer
Mar 24, 2000
Originally posted by: DealMonkey
If Bush had intended to save Lay and Skilling - he would have bailed them out as was the rumour at the time. He severed his ties with them...no way will he pardon.

100% guaranteed he won't pardon them. I'll be right for about the 3,745th time where Dave was wrong. On his death bed he'll say "maybe I was a moron".

Make that 3,747. Neither am I brainwashed, nor a "Bush Regime Supporter". At least you were right on the moron part.

Care to make a wager Dave on the pardon? I'll bet you any amount you choose you will be wrong. You can't go wrong - you 100% promised! I've been here 6 years, you've been here 7. We'll both be here to settle up. How much?

I'll bet you $5 on Dave's behalf. Not because I necessarily believe him, rather I seek to make things more interesting around here. :p

Let me know.

You're on. :D It's a sucker bet, but I respect you taking it on - for that I'll give you 2-1 odds :beer:

/marks outlook for Jan 2008

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: DealMonkey

Let me know.

You're on. :D It's a sucker bet, but I respect you taking it on - for that I'll give you 2-1 odds :beer:

That would be Jan 2009

DealMonkey

Lifer
Nov 25, 2001

Well all right! And so I stand to win $10? Awesome. Can't wait. :D