Elon Musk now owns 9.2% of twitter...update.. will soon be the sole owner as Board of Directors accepts his purchase offer

Page 211 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
The only people really upset are the ones holding a bunch of tesla stock I'd think.

and in a complete shocker, the guy who was aggressive about his Tesla success (as in, a complete tool) has since “left the forum” to cope and seethe

chad and squirrel are showing us how tribal people can be.

for me, I’m more about the thousands of employees who are now jobless to protect a narcissists fragile ego. That is messed up

linkgoron

Platinum Member
Mar 9, 2005
and in a complete shocker, the guy who was aggressive about his Tesla success (as in, a complete tool) has since “left the forum” to cope and seethe

chad and squirrel are showing us how tribal people can be.

for me, I’m more about the thousands of employees who are now jobless to protect a narcissists fragile ego. That is messed up
The only thing that makes me upset is how employees were treated. Fired quickly, some brought back only to get refired with worse severance. Quickly changing their working condition from remote to the office etc with very little time, stupid requirements like having to agree to be "hardcore" or whatever. Firing the janitors, allegedly making people bring their own toilet paper. Probably more things.

I've already stated that IMO Twitter was way way overstaffed, but the way that Musk handled everything was just terrible.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Try reading the thread.

Many people are absolutely seething about the loss of their favourite toy and you can literally see the froth from their mouths as though they were rabid dogs, when you read their posts.

Stop punching your wife and seek help. The good news is that these leftist fucks will welcome you back in a heartbeat if you do the work.

• Love
Reactions: hal2kilo

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
The only thing that makes me upset is how employees were treated. Fired quickly, some brought back only to get refired with worse severance. Quickly changing their working condition from remote to the office etc with very little time, stupid requirements like having to agree to be "hardcore" or whatever. Firing the janitors, allegedly making people bring their own toilet paper. Probably more things.

I've already stated that IMO Twitter was way way overstaffed, but the way that Musk handled everything was just terrible.

Leave it to Elmo to make the Afghan exit look good

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Try reading the thread.

Many people are absolutely seething about the loss of their favourite toy and you can literally see the froth from their mouths as though they were rabid dogs, when you read their posts.

lol. not one single comment suggests this. Your failure at context is probably the result of a typical failed conservative education.

This comment also reads like projection in that your crushed disappointment in Elon's failure here has been converted to some thought that "Well this must upset the liberals because he is destroying Twitter...uh, ON PURPOSE! YEAH, THAT's RIGHT!" is just you coping that yet another one of your golden gods has proven to be an utter failure when tested at doing the things they have always claimed to be able to do.

• Haha
Reactions: CHADBOGA

Heartbreaker

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2006
Try reading the thread.

Most people seem to be engaged in Schadenfreude. Which is the opposite of Seething about loss.

The Musk-Twitter is providing an almost daily dose of good feelings as we watch him burn it down, along with his fortune and his reputation.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
so You are on alt-reality train too 😬

show me both a coping and seething post. Please ensure you use standard dictionary definitions as qualifiers

I know how rwnj’s like to change those on the fly

squirrel hasn't posted a fact yet, and whenever any of his claims are countered with a supported linked fact, he runs away, just like he will do here when the facts are supposedly in this actual thread.

these people are dishonest mental goners.

• Haha
Reactions: iRONic and CHADBOGA

Zorba

Lifer
Oct 22, 1999
lmao I'm far from butt hurt. If anything it's you people, otherwise this thread would not be so full of spite and hatred and be at 210 pages.
It's so funny that you think others are full of spite and hatred. Especially when your biggest hope for Twitter was the ability to bash other people that have no effect on your life to make yourself feel better.

Ajay

Lifer
Jan 8, 2001
Most people seem to be engaged in Schadenfreude. Which is the opposite of Seething about loss.

The Musk-Twitter is providing an almost daily dose of good feelings as we watch him burn it down, along with his fortune and his reputation.
I’m just here for the show. Kinda of like watching a disaster movie - as a reality TV show.

GoPackGo

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 2003
I think the right should just all rename themselves "Karen" because the rest of us aren't carin' what happens to Twitter, Tesla or Musk... it's all a circus sideshow and many of us are watching it through George Carlin's eyes. The right preaches the free market and then gets upset when the free market does it it's thing and stops supporting Twitter. As the guys from Ghost Hunters say...On To The Next. . .

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
I think the right should just all rename themselves "Karen" because the rest of us aren't carin' what happens to Twitter, Tesla or Musk... it's all a circus sideshow and many of us are watching it through George Carlin's eyes. The right preaches the free market and then gets upset when the free market does it it's thing and stops supporting Twitter. As the guys from Ghost Hunters say...On To The Next. . .

they basically want the freedom to regulate any business for any reason. It’s not about the free market, it’s about controlling society

kt

Diamond Member
Apr 1, 2000
Try reading the thread.

The only upset people in this thread are the Elon Musk fanbois because everyone was ridiculing him and telling him to stay in his lane. Those fanbois came into this thread huffing and puffing about Elon Musk being a genius and having the business acumen to make Twitter profitable. I still haven't totally dismissed the idea that he could make it happen, but I am not holding my breathe.

Reactions: ZGR and iRONic

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
These right-wing extremists aren't trying to "own the libs." That's not what's going on here. What is going on is that they are being pumped full of paranoid propaganda and manufactured outrage that is carefully crafted by their political masters in order to manipulate them.
And it's basically the same theme over and over again: liberals are up to some evil that justifies them doing evil to liberals in return. Because liberals are hypocrites and they deserve it.
Such as, it wasn't that twitter's former management was moderating content in order to maintain an advertiser-friendly platform. Oh no, it can't be that because then right-wingers would have only themselves to blame. So it MUST be that 'the left' took over twitter and used it as their 'favourite toy' to ban free speech.
And that messaging works with right-wingers for 2 reasons. First, it gives them a holy cause to be outraged about. And second, it's exactly what they're hoping Musk will do with twitter, except to everyone they disagree with.
Because liberals are hypocrites and they deserve it.

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
I’m just here for the show. Kinda of like watching a disaster movie - as a reality TV show.
Yeah. I disliked Musk long before he went all MAGA, and I've disliked twitter for ever so I'm not invested in it but just enjoying the show.

Reactions: Zorba

akugami

Diamond Member
Feb 14, 2005
The only upset people in this thread are the Elon Musk fanbois because everyone was ridiculing him and telling him to stay in his lane. Those fanbois came into this thread huffing and puffing about Elon Musk being a genius and having the business acumen to make Twitter profitable. I still haven't totally dismissed the idea that he could make it happen, but I am not holding my breathe.

I know some very smart people who believe everything Musk touches turns to gold. When Musk first finalized the Twitter purchase, they've told me that Musk must have a plan to make Twitter into a profitable platform.

Jan 25, 2011
No matter where people fall on the political spectrum I think we should all be able to agree that watching this clown torch his fortune is absolutely hilarious.
His antics are only a small contributor to the demise of TSLA. It's a factor but not the only one nor the biggest.

This is why you don't make your most likely clients embarrassed to be seen with your product kids...

Pens1566

Lifer
Oct 11, 2005
His antics are only a small contributor to the demise of TSLA. It's a factor but not the only one nor the biggest.

This is why you don't make your most likely clients embarrassed to be seen with your product kids...

I'd be willing to bet that at least 51% of the current TSLA dive is solely related to his behavior since about April or so.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006

I’m nowhere remotely close to an expert on this but I’ve seen a lot of speculation that regardless of the Twitter clowning Tesla’s stock price didn’t make sense and was likely due to Musk manipulating the stock due to the relatively small number of publicly traded shares so once he had to start selling it had an outsized effect on the price.

Reactions: Indus