Elon Musk now owns 9.2% of twitter...update.. will soon be the sole owner as Board of Directors accepts his purchase offer

Page 204 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
Look at that business genius Elon Musk - saving Twitter from the fiscal crisis that Elon Musk caused.

I would like someone who still promotes this clown to answer what exactly he has made better.

The planet is better off because Musk lost pallets of cash.

Reactions: hal2kilo

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Thats another incoming 2% decline on TSLA right there…

I believe TSLA is gonna surge once they kick this fool… may wanna pay attention to what’s happening on the board.
I think the most likely outcome is Tesla's tanking stock price forces Musk to retreat from his Twitter antics and go back to running the car company.

Reactions: hal2kilo and Leeea

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
I think the most likely outcome is Tesla's tanking stock price forces Musk to retreat from his Twitter antics and go back to running the car company.
I think that’s optimistic. I would have agreed with you some weeks back, but short of an intervention/exorcism I dont see him “getting it”… he woulda got it by now if that was in the cards. He is chasing that fucked up rabbit, snorting red pills, thirsting for team treason to call him a good boy… Covid brain, Jacob Creutzfeld, Huntington’s who the fuck knows, he is off the rails for good.

Your 1% decline per Elon crap post formula may need to be recalibrated. I'm seeing -7.5% and possibly far more if it breaks through the $114 support level. Or, were there more crap posts for us to see?
For you personally Ill be happy to send some crap your way. Is that hot crap with a side of luke warm piss and is that to go? Please let it be to go. Go go go go go.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
A few days ago I was idly wondering if TSLA would manage to sink under $100 before the end of the year. Seems possible lol.

Reactions: Leeea

dullard

Elite Member
May 21, 2001
A few days ago I was idly wondering if TSLA would manage to sink under $100 before the end of the year. Seems possible lol.
I was thinking the same thing, see below. At $100/share I will possibly go in for ten shares. Not because I value TSLA at $100/share, but because I think it will get a bounce. Just a short term play. And only if it stabilizes at or below $100. Meaning I won't catch it as a falling knife at $100.
Edit: at the rate Tesla is dropping, it might hit that $100/share before New Years.
Long term, TSLA seems to be a keeper at $50/share. I don't think it will drop that much though.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
I was thinking the same thing, see below. At $100/share I will possibly go in for ten shares. Not because I value TSLA at $100/share, but because I think it will get a bounce. Just a short term play. And only if it stabilizes at or below $100. Meaning I won't catch it as a falling knife at $100.

Long term, TSLA seems to be a keeper at $50/share. I don't think it will drop that much though.

Probably. I won't speculate where the bottom is tho if its just another automaker now.

Reactions: cytg111

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
I think that’s optimistic. I would have agreed with you some weeks back, but short of an intervention/exorcism I dont see him “getting it”… he woulda got it by now if that was in the cards. He is chasing that fucked up rabbit, snorting red pills, thirsting for team treason to call him a good boy… Covid brain, Jacob Creutzfeld, Huntington’s who the fuck knows, he is off the rails for good.

For you personally Ill be happy to send some crap your way. Is that hot crap with a side of luke warm piss and is that to go? Please let it be to go. Go go go go go.
I don't know, I think he may be forced to do that by investors. The value of his collateral that he put up to secure his loans has massively decreased in value.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
It's pretty crazy that a few (well a lot I guess) crazy tweets can crater a companies share price.

Acting like a red pilled lunatic flying an entirely different company into the ground while demand softens for your core products has some real world consequences.

Reactions: Meghan54

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Acting like a red pilled lunatic flying an entirely different company into the ground while demand softens for your core products has some real world consequences.
Yes, it seems like Tesla's stock price was propped up by (maybe) Musk's personal shenanigans with his stock options and by a generalized faith in him as some sort of genius businessman. I think it's safe to say the genius businessman illusion is gone now and worse for Tesla, I don't see how you make it come back. Maybe if you can convince investors he's an engineering business genius and Twitter was over his head?

dullard

Elite Member
May 21, 2001
It's pretty crazy that a few (well a lot I guess) crazy tweets can crater a companies share price.
Tesla has been an obvious bubble for the last couple of years. Musk got the shares up to a ~123 P/E level which is about 10 to 25 times what other car companies are valued at. The rest of Tesla is a battery company and those just aren't that valuable. The solar roofs and home batteries have been no-shows for the most part (delayed massively--if you can get them at all). About the only profit Tesla makes is from other car manufacturers paying Tesla for carbon credits.

I could even go as far as to say it was a borderline pump-and-dump scam. Musk got his massive stock option payout only if the stock market valued Tesla highly. So, there was a massive campaign to do everything to bring profits forward, to do everything to hype up the stock, to gain a cult-like following that will buy TSLA stocks, etc. until Musk got his massive stock options. His biggest success was forcing Tesla into the S&P500 so many people with mutual funds that follow the S&P500 had to buy TSLA near all-time highs. After that point, he has been selling many, many shares as he dumps it for profit.

Yes, crazy tweets have an impact. But, the real impact is that Tesla isn't as profitable as it needs to be for its valuation. This is really harmed by the fact that there is a huge drop in demand for Tesla vehicles right now. The non-stop talk of recession that isn't here has really impacted their target buyers (mostly the wealthier right-wing news viewers). Their used prices have plunged, so people can just buy used. Tesla had to drastically cut prices and cut production. That will drop their profits even further. As Musk continues to dump his shares, expect a lot of pain for TSLA in the short term.

Last edited:

amenx

Diamond Member
Dec 17, 2004
That wont help now that everyone has seen what an incompetent buffoon he has been with twitter. TSLA will probably tank further.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001

$50/share would be a buy for me. Be interesting to see how low it goes, but $60 by Q2 would not surprise me.

AdamK47

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Oops!

EDIT: I did a quick search and saw this one. If this is the case...poor guy has just seen his net worth evaporate.

Poor Ponny.

He was buying crytocurrency at ATH.

He also bought in on PTON late last year.

The belt must be tightening for that retirement spending.