Elon Musk now owns 9.2% of twitter...update.. will soon be the sole owner as Board of Directors accepts his purchase offer

Page 198 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Why would you have accepted anything he said at this point anyway? He spent the entire last year not honoring the shit he was spewing. And he spent years before that doing that regularly except when it was was the most moronic asshole thing he could do (like him paying private investigators to try and smear the cave diver to try and justify calling him a pedophile).

I mean, damn dude, you really seem to have a recurring issue with stuff like this.

This is over your paygrade, I'd explain it but you wouldnt get it.

amenx

Diamond Member
Dec 17, 2004
Fraudster Kim.com had tweeted saying that US govt "deep state" had rigged the poll with a bot army. Musk replied "interesting.

A Trump supporter suggested Twitter Blue subscribers – who pay $8 a month – should be the only ones that can vote in “policy related polls.” To which Musk replied: “Good point. Twitter will make that change."

What a goal post moving c*nt.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Last edited:

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Elmo finds thinly-vieled euphemisms for genocide from antisemites to be interesting.
51d5539aef551a5b24e25ed090692ea3.jpg

Last edited:

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005
1671628440463.png

Elmo Elmo Elmo....lying so much (just to make up an excuse to ban @elonjets)

/Bill Gates is starting to look very smart for shorting Tesla (Elmo got big time mad at him for that)

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
That's because it is a mental health issue. They cannot accept themselves as they are, to the extent that they undergo serious medical intervention to try to change it. It's sad that people even encourage them to do it. This is like encouraging someone to commit suicide because they are depressed instead of convincing them to get help and that they are worthy of living. These people often end up even more unhappy with themselves and are often depressed and become suicidal. By encouraging someone to undergo the surgery it's basically a step towards encouraging them to commit suicide. Messing with hormones and changing major aspects of your body will take a serious toll on mental health.

Then there's the whackjobs like that teacher with the giant prosthetic boobs. In more normal days this teacher would be put on leave and told to seek counseling. Not to mention the H&S issue given that teacher is teaching shop class!

But that said I don't want to remove their freedom either and never even suggested killing them, that's insane. I won't try to stop them from doing it but I will point out how absurd it is and how absurd it is that society encourages it.

Though I do have a problem when they start to push this stuff to children and that needs to be illegal. Not just the sex change stuff but all the sexuality stuff period like drag queens, indecent exposure etc. Back in the day you'd get arrested for that, but now it's celebrated. This world is messed up.

Why does anyone need your dumb fucking opinion or approval of what they do?

It's a free country, they are adults, live your own boring life, leave people alone and stop trying to repress them.

Seriously, just stfu and get a hobby.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Musk has been talking to people on spaces a bit lately and I've never been more convinced he has no idea what he's doing.

Reactions: hal2kilo

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Musk has been talking to people on spaces a bit lately and I've never been more convinced he has no idea what he's doing.
Can you link us up?
I am sort of baffled he’d get this far and be this oblivious…

Pens1566

Lifer
Oct 11, 2005
Can you link us up?
I am sort of baffled he’d get this far and be this oblivious…

The way I understand it, from like 3rd/4th hand sources, is that he is very informed on some topics and thinks that makes him informed on everything. He's best at talking a big game and bull shitting his way through ... when he's pressed. By all those reports, he's completely out of his depth at Twitter. Twitter isn't a technical problem, it's a social problem. And to have someone leading that effort that is essentially socially inept isn't the best idea. Also, he's taken several fairly heavy ego/emotional hits recently with his gf leaving him for Chelsea Manning and his daughter's situation. If you believe Kara Swisher (tech journalist), these events completely broke him and he's reacted by going full on redpill/GQP/etc..