Elon Musk now owns 9.2% of twitter...update.. will soon be the sole owner as Board of Directors accepts his purchase offer

Page 166 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

akugami

Diamond Member
Feb 14, 2005
EU in a whole lotta trubble now Lonnie .....

EU warns Musk it may ban Twitter over concerns about content moderation

www.foxbusiness.com.ico
Fox Business|22 minutes ago
The European Union told Elon Musk that Twitter faces fines and a possible ban if it doesn't do more to regulate hate speech and misinformation.

What the hell?

What happened to my war?

Now where do I target my ire?

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Everything from that guy, especially WRT software, is pure oversold vaporware. Who is going to sign up to let him fuck with their brains?

to be fair, konservative kultists have been letting their dear leaders fuck with their brains for nearly 5 decades now, and the only result of this is that every single one of them just lie down and beg for more.

I doubt this would be any different. We notice how one after one, these insane billionaires get swallowed up by the extremely generous conservative funding and vote generating ecosystem, with a completely trapped fanbase, and they slowly, or very quickly, pivot their public persona to embrace these kultists and the massive amounts of free revenue that they generate to fund this self-sustaining insanity.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
A lot of people who make fun of Musk seem to be getting banned lately. Much free speech etc.

App is rather glitchy these days for me. Lots of formatting errors and notifications pretty broken.

Reactions: Leeea

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
A lot of people who make fun of Musk seem to be getting banned lately. Much free speech etc.

App is rather glitchy these days for me. Lots of formatting errors and notifications pretty broken.
The main difference I’ve seen is a couple of people’s feeds have disappeared and then reappeared and ads seem much more prevalent now.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Everything from that guy, especially WRT software, is pure oversold vaporware. Who is going to sign up to let him fuck with their brains?
On that note, Patrick Boyle roasts Elmo without mentioning him.

Reactions: pmv

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005

Musky will have a whole new set of problems when he releases this is 6 months

View attachment 72012

Didn't a bunch of the test monkeys that they successfully transplanted those into die or have to be euthanized?

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
It sounds like Elon has gone full r-word. Like in FULL. Propping up fascist while delisting popular voices on the left.

Dude has turned full Bond villain.

This is what buying twitter was always about. Silencing mainstream speech while giving the extreme right a bullhorn. All in the name of 'free speech.'

Time to cancel twitter.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
That 26,000lb battery weight is suspect.
My battery has 82kwh of energy storage and weighs 480kg. Extend that to the likley 1000kwh battery required to go 500 miles and that;s only 13,000lbs of battery.
US legal maximum fully loaded tractor trailer weight is 80,000 lbs. EV trucks get a bonus 2000 lbs and can go to 82,000 lbs.

Engineering Explained did some analysis and it looks like the Tesla Semi is likely legit and competitive with a diesel semi.
I've no doubt that electric semis have a future, but Musk only pitches the promise of technology so that he can lure investor money. The tech itself isn't his primary concern.

Reactions: Zorba

Indus

Lifer
May 11, 2002
Credit where credit's due, though, enough survived to tip the balance in the House of Representatives.

Think the NYC mayor is to blame.

He ran on crime to do nothing about crime and the NYC suburbs are the ones that flipped red.

Sad thing is I'm not surprised.. as liberal as NYC is.. the no cash bail, released on own merits has undermined public safety.

It was almost a cake walk for the Republicans here because they said dems are "soft on crime".

And the writing was on the wall.. NJ last year had a very tough and close governor race because of the same issue. Now it was NY.

Totally a local problem.

repoman0

Diamond Member
Jun 17, 2010
some estimates are about 81% of them died because of implants, one threw up until he died, others chewed their fingers and toes off, just awful stuff

May Elmo meet the same fate when he gets his. Imagine owning a company that treats living things this way, just psychotic.

Dude is cartoon Disney villain level evil and useless retard shills like @ponyo and many others worship him lol.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
Think the NYC mayor is to blame.

He ran on crime to do nothing about crime and the NYC suburbs are the ones that flipped red.

Sad thing is I'm not surprised.. as liberal as NYC is.. the no cash bail, released on own merits has undermined public safety.

It was almost a cake walk for the Republicans here because they said dems are "soft on crime".

And the writing was on the wall.. NJ last year had a very tough and close governor race because of the same issue. Now it was NY.

Totally a local problem.

The cash bail law is for a lot of non-violent misdemeanors and non-violent felonies.

as far as the 'data' shitheads like Adams are using, they don't back it up with any real correlation

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
being on the dating apps in this wonderful area I've always seen plenty of comments about no Trumpers, nobody who thinks Jan 6th was just a rowdy tourist day, etc...

but this last week I've seen a few incorporate Musk into their standards. I appreciate women, and all people, with good standards such as these and look for that in a partner. Here is one I saw this week on Bumble. I use Bluestacks to emulate Android on my desktop hence the shitty photo of my monitor and not my phone:

PXL_20221130_174814516 (Medium).jpg