Elders scrolls online, don't like the idea.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Mmm don't ever go into business for yourself. Multiplayer for a game like skyrim SP would be terrible, it did not require anyone else. This lets them open more options up to players who like both. You can play ESO as SP if you want, nothing stopping you.

again, that would not be a TES game. It would be re-skinned MMO generic min/max grindfest etc, with a different skin.

The only MMO with a good storyline is The Old Republic...and the PvP is kinda bad, and you can pretty much play most of the game--certainly the storyline--solo.

so, again, you are paying way too much to play a single player game.

Daverino

Platinum Member
Mar 15, 2007
I wouldn't be so hasty passing judgement on this game. It is nothing like any other MMO I've ever seen in terms of combat and look-and-feel.

imaheadcase

Diamond Member
May 9, 2005
again, that would not be a TES game. It would be re-skinned MMO generic min/max grindfest etc, with a different skin.

The only MMO with a good storyline is The Old Republic...and the PvP is kinda bad, and you can pretty much play most of the game--certainly the storyline--solo.

so, again, you are paying way too much to play a single player game.

Again, you are not paying much at all.

Markbnj

Elite Member <br>Moderator Emeritus
Sep 16, 2005
www.markbetz.net
I wouldn't be so hasty passing judgement on this game. It is nothing like any other MMO I've ever seen in terms of combat and look-and-feel.

I'll give you the combat. Not so sure about look and feel, but anyway, it doesn't lack anything in that department. Not sure it can really be expected to raise the bar. I'll play it when it's released, at least for awhile.

Wallywaiting

Oct 24, 2013
I would but I've just never been able to get into mmo's. Guess I just love my single player adventures too much :p haha

NickelPlate

Nov 9, 2006
I'll wait and pass judgement once the game is out. But in general, I grew tired of MMOs after Guild Wars 2. Played just about all of them that were out at the time and they are pretty much the same just different settings, stories, races etc.

Most MMOs turn into grind fests with all the uber players with the most time and money on their hands standing around in heavily populated areas showing off all their "look at me I'm special" gear.

Given how well Skyrim sold, is still selling and the fact it's still in the top 10 most played games on Steam, Bethesda would be foolish not to make an another ES single player game. I really liked it and Oblivion and would buy another.

EDUSAN

Golden Member
Apr 4, 2012
i rather give the online game a chance than have another skyrim... i found skyrim sooooo booooriiing. At least with a MMO game you can talk to people while doing booooriiing stuff

Markbnj

Sep 16, 2005
www.markbetz.net
Given how well Skyrim sold, is still selling and the fact it's still in the top 10 most played games on Steam, Bethesda would be foolish not to make an another ES single player game. I really liked it and Oblivion and would buy another.

I played every TES game from Arena on at release, but Skyrim has probably killed that franchise for me. If you can sell millions of copies with something that pretty and empty-headed then why try any harder?

Last edited:

darkewaffle

Diamond Member
Oct 7, 2005
I'm mildly interested, but unless they drastically improve gameplay from the single player titles I don't think I'll be able to take it.

Tsaar

Apr 15, 2010
So my favorite game of all time is Morrowind. My favorite MMO of all time is Dark Age of Camelot.

I am really, really hoping this game pans out, because I want a de facto DAOC 2 and I also love Tamriel lore.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Can neither confirm nor deny :). But they did say this was their largest beta round so far, so if you signed up check your email.

well, 3 people below you can confirm :colbert:

I never signed up--the idea of TES going MMO ripped my soul to shreds :D

Arkaign

Lifer
Oct 27, 2006
I've always hated MMOs and I always will. Liked Oblivion after patches, loved Skyrim. Will not play this, even if you paid me to.

Doppel

Lifer
Feb 5, 2011
I don't do mmo, not because I don't like them but rather don't have the time.

EDUSAN

Golden Member
Apr 4, 2012
I also got an invite :)

niceee, when is it? this weekend? lets us know what you think of it! im pretty sure you signed or will signed one of those agrerements that dont let you post screenshots or talk too much about the game, but you should be able to say "something" about it...

what i except from an MMO to find it engaging

1) no subscription :p, was this one gonna have that method?
2) massive amount of quests, and not all of them about "killing 15 bandits". It should have more than enough quests to get you to max level. im not saying NO GRINDING, cause there will be, just dont overuse it
3) combat needs to be fresh for an MMO. If combat is like WoW im out instantly
4) a good support or motive to have the desire to be part of a guild/clan

and a small one, after playing the boring SWTOR for 2 months when it was released i cant go back to reading scrolls of texts for the quests and dialogues. ONE thing that SWTOR did well was those scripted dialogues with voice acting.

Phobic9

Golden Member
Apr 6, 2001
ATOT members should team up if possible

I'd be down for something like this.

Last time they had a stress test, I definitely seemed to enjoy ESO a lot more than I did FFXIV (and I liked that game a lot until endgame).

Markbnj

Sep 16, 2005
www.markbetz.net
well, 3 people below you can confirm :colbert:

I never signed up--the idea of TES going MMO ripped my soul to shreds :D

Haha, well, I did agree to an NDA, so I will respect it. They can make their own choices.

I'll say this much: the last stress test I was in on the game was looking pretty good. It retains some things I don't like about the Skyrim engine, such as zoning to get into buildings, but overall very atmospheric and fun to play for the little bit that I was playing it.

KidNiki1

Platinum Member
Oct 15, 2010
Haha, well, I did agree to an NDA, so I will respect it. They can make their own choices.

the nda doesnt say you cant admit you got an email inviting you to particiapte the beta...because i signed it after i got the email...

im excited especially since at least one of my gamer friends also got invited. but i'm happy to add some atot people also. i guess once i get in the game and see how friends lists work, i'll post up my info for people who might want to group up.