Edited video costs USDA worker her job.

Page 16 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
Then you have an extra special, day in advance, feed of fox news that the rest of us don't seem to get. Because it was nothing but screeching about this story from all the talking heads on monday.

Um, what you arte claiming is impossible. Fox did not mention the story ON AIR until after she had been forced to resign.

O'Reilly aired at 8PM EDT, Hannity at 9PM EDT on the 19th. Many hours AFTER she hd been forced to resign. There had not been ONE PEEP on air from Fox until AFTER the WH jerked their knees.

Glenn Beck did not mention her until the next day on the 20th. His show Airs at 5PM and was taped for the 19th BEFORE he knew about the story.

And as soon as the truth was discovered, they changed their opinions.

Media Matters is distorting the shit out of this, but even they cannot change timelines.

Last edited:

Pens1566

Lifer
Oct 11, 2005
Ugh ... you do know those shows are taped much earlier in the day, correct? And when was her resignation announced publicly?

Just to humor you, why would O'Reilly be demanding her resignation if she'd already resigned?

Analogsoul

Mar 25, 2000
Why would she have been forced to resign if there wasn't a push from the networks (ahem fox) earlier in the day? No one would have noticed the edited clip if it had just stayed on biggovernment.com no one would have seen it. It wasn't until the clip made it to Fox.com (with the same exact verbiage from biggovernment.com's website) that it started this whole mess. Unfortunately the Obama administration reacted to try to quash this story instead of considering the source.

I love how on Monday Fox was denouncing Shirley Sharrod and on Tuesday they were condemning the Obama Administration for not looking at all the facts.

Athena

Golden Member
Apr 9, 2001
Mediamatters is lying through their fucking teeth, I watched the shit happen. The day they called Sherron and told her to resign because she was "going to be on Glenn Beck tonight", he did not even mention her, it wasn't until the following night when he ran the story defending her that she was even mentioned on his show. O'Reilly had run the clip the day she resigned ...hours after she resigned.

Again, you are focusing only on the evening broadcasts. Fox featured the story hourly from early morning on -- that's why the Undersecretary expected Beck to be talking about it that night.

Linflas

Lifer
Jan 30, 2001
Why would she have been forced to resign if there wasn't a push from the networks (ahem fox) earlier in the day? No one would have noticed the edited clip if it had just stayed on biggovernment.com no one would have seen it. It wasn't until the clip made it to Fox.com (with the same exact verbiage from biggovernment.com's website) that it started this whole mess. Unfortunately the Obama administration reacted to try to quash this story instead of considering the source.

I love how on Monday Fox was denouncing Shirley Sharrod and on Tuesday they were condemning the Obama Administration for not looking at all the facts.

Do you not believe what she said they told her? They told her she was going to be on Glen Beck that night (07/19) and they wanted her resignation NOW. The first mention of it on the Beck Show was on 07/20 when he led off the program with "Context matters".

Analogsoul

Mar 25, 2000
Do you not believe what she said they told her? They told her she was going to be on Glen Beck that night (07/19) and they wanted her resignation NOW. The first mention of it on the Beck Show was on 07/20 when he led off the program with "Context matters".

Yes because of the backlash already started earlier in the day. This 24 hour news cycle is extremely viscous and the Obama Administration, NAACP, and USDA were scared and reacted instead of actually thinking this whole thing through trying to get the full story.

What about Beck's earlier radio show? He sure changed his tune between his morning show and his Fox show. My point is that on the 19th Fox was demonizing Sharrod, and the next day they were touting "Context Matters". Hypocrisy at it's finest.

xj0hnx

Diamond Member
Dec 18, 2007
Yes because of the backlash already started earlier in the day. This 24 hour news cycle is extremely viscous and the Obama Administration, NAACP, and USDA were scared and reacted instead of actually thinking this whole thing through trying to get the full story.

What about Beck's earlier radio show? He sure changed his tune between his morning show and his Fox show. My point is that on the 19th Fox was demonizing Sharrod, and the next day they were touting "Context Matters". Hypocrisy at it's finest.

So Beck talked about it on his radio show, but didn't even mention it on his TV show later that day, instead waited until the NEXT day to broadcast it, and defend her? He passed up the chance to slam the NAACP and a racist? LOL

Oct 16, 1999
This is something that legitimately baffles me. Why would Beck have waited on addressing this story until Tuesday? It doesn't make sense that he would just give this a pass initially.

Fern

Elite Member
Sep 30, 2003
This is something that legitimately baffles me. Why would Beck have waited on addressing this story until Tuesday? It doesn't make sense that he would just give this a pass initially.

I'd say it's quite likely that Monday's show was already prepared (I don't mean pre-taped, but the subject or focus of that day's show) and they had no time to jump on the Sherrod story. His producers etc also probably needed to prep for that story.

I don't watch much of Glenn beck, but what I have seen looks like his show is planned out to great detail (lot's of graphs and stats and often guests etc).

Fern

Fern

Elite Member
Sep 30, 2003
Again, you are focusing only on the evening broadcasts. Fox featured the story hourly from early morning on -- that's why the Undersecretary expected Beck to be talking about it that night.

Where do you get that info from?

You're the only person (here and in all articles and TV shows) I've seen make that claim. Got some proof?

Fern

Wheezer

Diamond Member
Nov 2, 1999
You know for a news organization that everybody loves to hate, discredit and make fun of, they wield an awful lot of power to get someone fired.

Pathetic really, the Obama Administrations and the NAACP knee jerks because of something on Fox and fires this woman because they did not investigate but took the word of an organization and and a host they find contemptible.

This administration is like a 5 year old and Fox news like it's younger brother, the younger brother is sitting there sticking his tongue out at the older one and when the 5 year old hits the younger one in the face making him bleed, when mom confronts him....the 5 year old points his finger at the younger brother and says "But...But...he MADE me do it!!!"

Last edited:

UberNeuman

Lifer
Nov 4, 1999
Ya, the funniest part about the clip is the fact that she was fired (oh sorry resigned) BEFORE the video ever hit FNC.

How could FNC cause a controversy when that controversy occurred BEFORE any action take by FNC?

Obummer.

Ill let you think about that one for a bit.

andy.jpg

There is a reason this pic is named Andy....

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
ok so what about CNN, MSNBC that ran the story and going after her? they deserve t he hate too.

just gets irritating that people only go after fox when they are far from the only one that pulls shit.

ALL of them should have checked the facts before putting out a story.

Ummm no

Fox and Breitbart teamed together on the lie

CNN debunked the video.

If it wasn't for CNN putting the smack down on Murdock and his liars that woman would have been sacrificed.

Now it's time for the DOJ to take Fox off air and offline permanently.

Patranus

Diamond Member
Apr 15, 2007
Ummm no

Fox and Breitbart teamed together on the lie

CNN debunked the video.

If it wasn't for CNN putting the smack down on Murdock and his liars that woman would have been sacrificed.

Now it's time for the DOJ to take Fox off air and offline permanently.

Um. Hate to burst your bubble but she was fired BEFORE the video aired on Fox News.
Now, how could Fox News be responsible for for her termination if they hadn't aired the story?

If you take the time to look at the time line of events, the White House/Department of Agriculture acted stupidly because (in her own words) they said she was going to be "on Beck". The sad thing is Beck didn't mention it and when he did he made it clear she shouldn't have lost her job.

So in other news the White House acted stupidly and are trying to cover up their poor decision making by trying to shift the blame onto Fox News.

Taejin

Moderator<br>Love & Relationships
Aug 29, 2004
Um. Hate to burst your bubble but she was fired BEFORE the video aired on Fox News.
Now, how could Fox News be responsible for for her termination if they hadn't aired the story?

If you take the time to look at the time line of events, the White House/Department of Agriculture acted stupidly because (in her own words) they said she was going to be "on Beck". The sad thing is Beck didn't mention it and when he did he made it clear she shouldn't have lost her job.

So in other news the White House acted stupidly and are trying to cover up their poor decision making by trying to shift the blame onto Fox News.

in other words Breitbart is a dumb POS who can't be relied on to give an accurate story...

cause we all know if a few people have be dragged through shit for his agenda its OK, right?

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com

Hey Murdock, there is no saving your lying ass.

Blackjack200

Lifer
May 28, 2007
in other words Breitbart is a dumb POS who can't be relied on to give an accurate story...

cause we all know if a few people have be dragged through shit for his agenda its OK, right?

This, I don't see how he has any credibility after this and the ACORN fiasco.