EA in the showdown for worst company in america

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

wuliheron

Diamond Member
Feb 8, 2011
Why am I the only person of the opinion that Activision is far worse than EA. Blizzard is Activisions only saving grace. EA has actually released some great games the last few years. Activision has released call of duty again and again.

If all you care about is immediate gratification then EA is great which is exactly what they count on.

Lonyo

Lifer
Aug 10, 2002
Article is so full of shit it's hilarious.

$60 for the amount of hours SWTOR / Battlefield series / Mass Effect / Dragon Age etc. is "easily the most expensive form of home entertainment"? Really?

Pretty sure they just listed all of the "many" exclusive deals they have. Which equals 1. Which the NFL is just as guilty of.

But I guarantee EA wins because of the nerd ragers. I'm actually shocked Apple didn't make the finals. Has probably more haters than EA does.

Vote away!

Actually they also ha(d)ve an exclusive deal with Porsche, which is why only EA games feature Porsches.
Except when they allowed Microsoft to get Porsches added to Forza 4 as part of a DLC pack.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
I hate Bank Of America cuz they make pander to illegals making it easier for them to live here. Thats not something I can run away from or ignore.
I can easily just not buy or even talk about EA games.

So I'd probably vote BoA.

Coltaine

Mar 14, 2012
EA bought and killed Origin, ending the Ultima and WC (WC: Privateer) series... if that wasnt enough they reanimated "Origin" as some kind of demented online DRM service, rubbing old wounds in my face everytime I look at anything EA...

Yeah its petty, but UO2 could have drastically changed the evolution of our MMORPG landscape today...

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
EA is bad, but they're nothing when compared to BoA.

this.

thinking that EA is somehow more evil or simply worse for what they do and their type of product than BoA, shows just how irrelevant the people are that vote in these type of polls.

StinkyPinky

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2002
zFrTB.jpg

Golgatha

Lifer
Jul 18, 2003
Why am I the only person of the opinion that Activision is far worse than EA. Blizzard is Activisions only saving grace. EA has actually released some great games the last few years. Activision has released call of duty again and again.

Blizzard is almost worse. They survive on a total of 3 pieces (admittedly amazing pieces) of intellectual property and they're releasing a pay 2 win system for Diablo 3. They also sold out to Activision, which is like making a pact with the devil himself.

StinkyPinky

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2002
Yeah Blizzard is hardly a good example. When was the last time they tried anything new? THey're just a money tree for Activision.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Blizzard is almost worse. They survive on a total of 3 pieces (admittedly amazing pieces) of intellectual property and they're releasing a pay 2 win system for Diablo 3. They also sold out to Activision, which is like making a pact with the devil himself.

EA used to MAKE great games and now they just swallow up talented companies and then whip them to make good-selling titles. Of course with the plethora of crap they churn out they'd have to produce something good once in a while.
They also KILL good things too, like pretty much all of Bullfrogs stuff (Dungeon Keeper, Populous) or ravage a series so badly no one takes it seriously any more (Command & Conquer).

Nope, theres a damn good reason we refer to them as the Anti-Midas.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003

Yeah most game companies (Blizzard especially) did much better stuff when they focused on gameplay & product quality first, and profit margins second. Once the almighty dollar becomes your priority everything else suffers. Its their business so they can run it how they choose, but I tell you one thing, I will NOT be paying full price for the future Zerg and Protoss games. I'll wait many years until they are both dirt cheap before I even bother.

styrafoam

Platinum Member
Jun 18, 2002
Well EA won. Hopefully most of these voters don't someday learn first hand why BofA was in the poll. No love at all for EA, but i suspect the majority of the voters don't really have an acurate perspective.

*doh- beaten while distracted by youtube edit*

Grooveriding

Diamond Member
Dec 25, 2008
Yeah most game companies (Blizzard especially) did much better stuff when they focused on gameplay & product quality first, and profit margins second. Once the almighty dollar becomes your priority everything else suffers. Its their business so they can run it how they choose, but I tell you one thing, I will NOT be paying full price for the future Zerg and Protoss games. I'll wait many years until they are both dirt cheap before I even bother.

Or you can play Diablo 3 and sell items for real money and use the proceeds to buy SC2 expansions!!! Wooohooo micro-transactions for one! Micro-transactions for all!

KaOTiK

Lifer
Feb 5, 2001
Sigh, EA is bad, but BoA is so much worse and should have toppled EA easily instead of the other way around.

Gheris

Oct 24, 2005
Can't say I agree with the final result on this one. However internet nerd rage can be a force in the world of online polls.

Dankk

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2008
Looks like EA won. Talk about a bullshit poll.

EA ruins a few video games. Bank of America ruins the entire country's economy. Hmm.. I wonder which is worse?

You can tell what kind of people voted in this contest. (Angry nerds, anyone?)

I mean, it is an online poll. Replace those angry nerds with BoA customers, and it probably would've gone the right way around. Then again, BoA customers probably can't afford internet.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Looks like EA won. Talk about a bullshit poll.

EA ruins a few video games. Bank of America ruins the entire country's economy. Hmm.. I wonder which is worse?

You can tell what kind of people voted in this contest. (Angry nerds, anyone?)

I mean, it is an online poll. Replace those angry nerds with BoA customers, and it probably would've gone the right way around. Then again, BoA customers probably can't afford internet.

After reading your post its funny to hear you criticize nerd rage.

Martimus

Diamond Member
Apr 24, 2007
I asked three people at work about Bank of America, and not one of them has heard about specific bad press they have gotten over any other bank. I also haven't had any issues with them, while I have had personal issues with EA. The vote was easy in my case.

crownjules

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2005
I asked three people at work about Bank of America, and not one of them has heard about specific bad press they have gotten over any other bank. I also haven't had any issues with them, while I have had personal issues with EA. The vote was easy in my case.

- $5 debit card transaction fees
- Robo-signing foreclosures with little to no supporting evidence that a foreclosure was justified
- Potentially putting the US taxpayer on the hook for $75T of bad Greek bets by moving them from their holding company to depository unit (which is covered by the FDIC). Thankfully for us all, the Greeks avoided the official default.

There is no way in hell BoA should have lost and you don't keep up on your news if you don't know anything about these much publicized events.

Smoblikat

Diamond Member
Nov 19, 2011
Article is so full of shit it's hilarious.

$60 for the amount of hours SWTOR / Battlefield series / Mass Effect / Dragon Age etc. is "easily the most expensive form of home entertainment"? Really?

Pretty sure they just listed all of the "many" exclusive deals they have. Which equals 1. Which the NFL is just as guilty of.

But I guarantee EA wins because of the nerd ragers. I'm actually shocked Apple didn't make the finals. Has probably more haters than EA does.

Vote away!

I can have just as much fun, even MORE fun, given 10$ and some colorful free indie game..................