News Dow bouncing around -1000

Page 42 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
*glances at indexes*

Maybe all the happy talk until this point was a tiny mistake.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Today it takes a 20% smaller point drop to hit the circuit breaker than last week, so unfair, circuit breakers are fake news. Tomorrow is even more unfair, 30% smaller point drop than last week. It's a hoax, a total hoax. People should be ashamed.

Last edited:

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
i like how the fed gave piss baby what he wanted with 0% and it didnt help.

Now he says the market will take care of itself.

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
With restaurants closing, theaters closing, bars closing, schools closing, churches suspending services, with all of this and so much more it is inevitable.... INEVITABLE that markets will get much much worse than anyone can imagine. How would, could America deal with another stock market crash? A great depression? How HOW... can so many business close resulting in so many employees out of a job and the economy still expected to survive?
Can the government REALLY deliver paychecks and cash to the massive numbers of the suddenly unemployed? We all know how the government works.
What happens when families have no income, no food, total desperation? I do not want to say the words, but we all know what would happen. It's just too too bad America has so many damn guns.
This could be more than a pandemic, this could become an apocalypse.

Last edited:

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
With restaurants closing, theaters closing, bars closing, schools closing, churches suspending services, with all of this and so much more it is inevitable.... INEVITABLE that markets will get much much worse than anyone can imagine. How would, could America deal with another stock market crash? A great depression? How HOW... can so many business close resulting in so many employees out of a job and the economy still expected to survive?
Can the government REALLY deliver paychecks and cash to the massive numbers of the suddenly unemployed? We all know how the government works.
What happens when families have no income, no food, total desperation? I do not want to say the words, but we all know what would happen. It's just too too bad America has so many damn guns.
This could be more than a pandemic, this could become an apocalypse.

take a breath

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Mnuchin is supposed to detail an $850B-ish stimulus package to the Senate GOP today. Details still in flux about what that will entail. Of course they still need to negotiate with the House but the Senate wants to move a big number bill this week so they can leave.

Some word that the Fed may make major move on short term credit for biz.

uallas5

Golden Member
Jun 3, 2005
Mnuchin is supposed to detail an $850B-ish stimulus package to the Senate GOP today. Details still in flux about what that will entail.

Call me Captain Obvious but my guess is a big chunk of that will be some sort of tax cut that will do fuck all for the lower class and those about to become unemployed, marginally help the middle class, and throw gobs of money at the top 10%.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Call me Captain Obvious but my guess is a big chunk of that will be some sort of tax cut that will do fuck all for the lower class and those about to become unemployed, marginally help the middle class, and throw gobs of money at the top 10%.
Yup, it’s a payroll tax cut, meaning all the people who just got laid off would get nothing.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
There is a lot of conflicting reporting right now. Some says a payroll tax is being pushed still and some says there is growing support for cash payments to individuals.