Don't beat around the BUSH, beat the Bush.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

T2T III

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: cheapbidder01
Why is Bush's approval ratings up? Shouldn't we be hammering him for failing to get UN behind us? I think he should go down in history as the most idiotic president ever. Well, at least he got us into this war which better be good for our economy. But, I wouldn't be suprised if he let the French and Russians steal all our loot after we take over, I mean, liberate Iraq.
Is this Moonbeam using a new name and a new avatar? I see quite a few similarities. :(

T2T III

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Lysimachus
I have to say that I agree with the anti-Clinton posters in this thread. Clinton has been one of the worst presidents we have had. Not only has he been immoral in his actions with Monica Lewinski, but apparently in order deter attention from his affair, he hastily ordered an attack on Afghanistan. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to read through these motives. Why hadn't he done something about this earlier? Or perhaps even later? Why just then? Hmmm....strange...wouldn't ya say?

Besides, the amount of liberality with Clinton is of utmost discust. If he was still in power, I wouldn't be surprised if you would now see gay marriages accepted throughout the whole of the country.

Do you think its a coincidence that we are attacking Iraq and turning the media's attention to the war instead of the economy? Who said any president had morals? And, how does gay marriages affect your daily life? If it didn't what's your problem? It doesn't affect me so I can care less if two gay people decided to get married. If they're guys, it only means more women for the straight ones.
So you think the war was created to distract us from our current economic condition in the U.S.??? Where were you during the previous recessions? Where were you when the unemployment rates were in the double-digits? Where were you when personal loans, automobile loans and mortgages were at 18%? I hardly think that our economy is in trouble - and if it is, how is Bush fully the one to blame? Did President Bush tell everyone to go out and over-extend themselves when it came to credit? Did President Bush tell everyone to take out home equity loans and buy two new SUVs to park in the driveway and to tow a new boat or a pair of jet skis around? Did President Bush tell people to invest lots of money in the stock market before it took a dive? I think you're getting the picture here. Clearly, you haven't been living long enough to realize that things are pretty good at the moment. Yes, we are at war, but it will end eventually - and we will prevail.

Kaiynne

Feb 23, 2003
"Besides, the amount of liberality with Clinton is of utmost discust. If he was still in power, I wouldn't be surprised if you would now see gay marriages accepted throughout the whole of the country."

Wow are you actually that stupid. I hope the church you go to offers instruction on grammar as well as politics, because they really seem to be teaching both to a very high standard.

All sarcasm aside. How exactly do you think Clinton would go about getting every state to pass same sex marriage legislation. I mean he did a great job in Hawaii, wait i said sarcasm aside sorry. Seriously the federal government rarely legislates on such matters, i presume you are republican so you should probably know that allready but you don't seem to.

And furthermore, why the hell should you even care if two gay people get married, it affects you not a whit. Oh right God told you to care when you were praying for giant shoes.

You didn't think i could sneak a simpsons reference in there did you?

NightTrain

Platinum Member
Apr 1, 2001
Originally posted by: Tripleshot
The point should be made that this is a biased book made from a retired colonel who is trying to make money off of people who would place his book on their coffee table. He is using his past as the authority, and I can tell you now, he has no credibilty with me.

Why is he biased? Because he says something you don't believe? He carried the football for 2 years. Perhaps he made it all up..perhaps he didn't. I'm sure if everyone who held the job talked, you would be very surprised at what really goes on.

Having followed most of went on during the time, it doesn't certainly doesn't sound out of character. It's true that's my willingness to believe it stems from my perception of Clinton. Your willingness to to dscredit it probably comes from similar perceptions.

His asertion was challenged, "This story had to be told." But a Clinton national security aide, William Danvers, tells us Clinton was never "unavailable for key" decisions and didn't jeopardize U.S. security.

I wouldn't expect a former Clinton aide not to. Would you?

rchiu

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2002
Why is Bush's approval ratings up? Shouldn't we be hammering him for failing to get UN behind us? I think he should go down in history as the most idiotic president ever. Well, at least he got us into this war which better be good for our economy. But, I wouldn't be suprised if he let the French and Russians steal all our loot after we take over, I mean, liberate Iraq.

That's because Bush and his PR painted this war good old "good vs. evil" and "we the freedom fighter/liberator of poor Iraqi people" B.S and most people eat it up with big smile on their face feeling warm and fuzzy and forgetting about the dead body in Iraq, crappy economy, huge budget deficit, and everyone else in the world hates our gut

T2T III

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: rchiu

That's because Bush and his PR painted this war good old "good vs. evil" and "we the freedom fighter/liberator of poor Iraqi people" B.S and most people eat it up with big smile on their face feeling warm and fuzzy and forgetting about the dead body in Iraq, crappy economy, huge budget deficit, and everyone else in the world hates our gut

So you think the war was created to distract us from our current economic condition in the U.S.??? Where were you during the previous recessions? Where were you when the unemployment rates were in the double-digits? Where were you when personal loans, automobile loans and mortgages were at 18%? I hardly think that our economy is in trouble - and if it is, how is Bush fully the one to blame? Did President Bush tell everyone to go out and over-extend themselves when it came to credit? Did President Bush tell everyone to take out home equity loans and buy two new SUVs to park in the driveway and to tow a new boat or a pair of jet skis around? Did President Bush tell people to invest lots of money in the stock market before it took a dive? I think you're getting the picture here. Clearly, you haven't been living long enough to realize that things are pretty good at the moment. Yes, we are at war, but it will end eventually - and we will prevail.

JackBurton

Lifer
Jul 18, 2000
Failing to get the UN behind us? WTF? How long do you plan on waiting for the UN to get off their pussy asses and do something! We gave them MORE than ample time to come to some kind of agreement. However France, the worthless country that they are, were hell bent on vetoing ANY compromise put on the table. About one or two weeks before Bush gave Saddam the ultimatum, England was going to put forth a proposal, which France quickly said, anything they put forward they will veto! Now what the f%ck are you going to do with a worthless country like that?! The fact of the matter is, Saddam has WMD and they signed a treaty saying they would disarm. Obviously they are FAR from disarming and had no plans to disarm. They were just letting the UN just talk themselves to death. Now if you tell someone to disarm or else, and "or else" never comes around, WTF is the point of signing the treaty?

I'm not a big Bush backer, as a matter of fact, I disagree with alot of his view, but the war is definitely something I DO agree with him on. I also think he is handling the whole situation perfectly. I REAL enjoy the anti-war pussies getting pissed off because their little ant-war rallies don't do JACK SQUAT to dissuade Bush one bit. :) I really do love it. :)

Nyical

Golden Member
Feb 7, 2003
Another interesting thread that has been turned into a name calling/flame war thread.

rchiu

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2002
Originally posted by: Tiles2Tech

So you're saying as long as Bush doesn't mess up the economy to compare with the worst in your life time, he is gonna pass as a great president? I am sorry, I cannot agree with that. All I know is economy was booming before he became president and tanked big time after. Is he to blame? Maybe not, but is he thinking about the economy may cost his second term? you gota be naive to think he is not thinking about it. Is the war created to distract people? don't know, maybe, maybe not. But it is definitly doing a good job.

Tripleshot

Elite Member
Jan 29, 2000
Originally posted by: NightTrain
The point should be made that this is a biased book made from a retired colonel who is trying to make money off of people who would place his book on their coffee table. He is using his past as the authority, and I can tell you now, he has no credibilty with me.

Why is he biased? Because he says something you don't believe? He carried the football for 2 years. Perhaps he made it all up..perhaps he didn't. I'm sure if everyone who held the job talked, you would be very surprised at what really goes on.

Having followed most of went on during the time, it doesn't certainly doesn't sound out of character. It's true that's my willingness to believe it stems from my perception of Clinton. Your willingness to to dscredit it probably comes from similar perceptions.

His asertion was challenged, "This story had to be told." But a Clinton national security aide, William Danvers, tells us Clinton was never "unavailable for key" decisions and didn't jeopardize U.S. security.

I wouldn't expect a former Clinton aide not to. Would you?

Let me just tell you the first thing that makes me and anyone with half a brain suspecious of this (outside of bias or political motivation).

The security clearance this fellow had (Crypto at minimum) would keep him from even discussing out loud to anyone his duty and job while holding that clearance for a period of no less than 10 years after leaving service. Forget the fact this wanker has a hardon for Clinton. Lots of people have a hard on for Clinton. That doesn't bother me in the least. If all they can do is fault him for getting head while being president from a bitch that said to her friends before leaving Cali for DC ,she was strapping on her presidential kneepads to do just what she did. It is really strange the only thing loser republicans can bitch about is him getting something all of them just wish once they could do. It's called penis envy. Join the ranks if you want to. In his presidency the country had the best economic times in decades and the world was by and large at peace. Contrast that with the reality of the Bush years so far.

For me, even though I find the fact Clinton wagged his finger at me and swore he didn't have sex with that woman, Monica, as being the most repugnent of lies, It is somewhat understandable. I will never understand the abject paranoia of rebublicans who, from the beginning of his 1st term hounded him and his wife for nothing that could be proved as criminal or harmful to the nation. It is in history the most dispicable period of politics in modern times,and a complete embarasment to the nation. Fault goes to both sides. Bush isn't doing much better at correcting that trend, is he?

Rant over/ ;)

rchiu

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2002
Originally posted by: JackBurton
Failing to get the UN behind us? WTF? How long do you plan on waiting for the UN to get off their pussy asses and do something! We gave them MORE than ample time to come to some kind of agreement. However France, the worthless country that they are, were hell bent on vetoing ANY compromise put on the table. About one or two weeks before Bush gave Saddam the ultimatum, England was going to put forth a proposal, which France quickly said, anything they put forward they will veto! Now what the f%ck are you going to do with a worthless country like that?! The fact of the matter is, Saddam has WMD and they signed a treaty saying they would disarm. Obviously they are FAR from disarming and had no plans to disarm. They were just letting the UN just talk themselves to death. Now if you tell someone to disarm or else, and "or else" never comes around, WTF is the point of signing the treaty?

I'm not a big Bush backer, as a matter of fact, I disagree with alot of his view, but the war is definitely something I DO agree with him on. I also think he is handling the whole situation perfectly. I REAL enjoy the anti-war pussies getting pissed off because their little ant-war rallies don't do JACK SQUAT to dissuade Bush one bit. :) I really do love it. :)

Yeah, France and Russia was the only one opposing the US. US can't even get the 9 vote necessary to back them up. If the US had the nine vote and France used veto, it would have look bad on France for stopping the will of International community. But guess what, Bush and Blair chickened out on the vote and choose not to even try, because with all the wire tapping, they knew they wouldn't get the 9 vote.

Any, since you and Bush already make up your mind that Iraq has WMD and not disarming, never mind Iraq was in the process of distroying the only weapon found violating the agreement, and the inspector has not found anything even with attempts to talk to US intellegence on what make US so sure that Iraq has WMD, anything that other people trying to do, like finding the real evidence of WMD, or get an unbiased view of if Iraq violated the resolution is unacceptable.

Go ahead an enjoy your glorious war, just don't complain when you retired and see all the money you put into your social security fund gone paying for the war and to free the Iraqi people.

T2T III

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
So you're saying as long as Bush doesn't mess up the economy to compare with the worst in your life time, he is gonna pass as a great president? I am sorry, I cannot agree with that. All I know is economy was booming before he became president and tanked big time after. Is he to blame? Maybe not, but is he thinking about the economy may cost his second term? you gota be naive to think he is not thinking about it. Is the war created to distract people? don't know, maybe, maybe not. But it is definitly doing a good job.
You really should take an economics class. The U.S. economy can not sustain great growth rates without pains. The economy is still growing, but at a slower rate. It will pick up again.

NightTrain

Platinum Member
Apr 1, 2001

That doesn't bother me in the least. If all they can do is fault him for getting head while being president from a bitch that said to her friends before leaving Cali for DC ,she was strapping on her presidential kneepads to do just what she did. It is really strange the only thing loser republicans can bitch about is him getting something all of them just wish once they could do. It's called penis envy. Join the ranks if you want to. In his presidency the country had the best economic times in decades and the world was by and large at peace. Contrast that with the reality of the Bush years so far.

Well we're getting a bit far off track and I really don't want to get into that whole mess if it's all the same with you.

JackBurton

Lifer
Jul 18, 2000
Yeah, France and Russia was the only one opposing the US. US can't even get the 9 vote necessary to back them up. If the US had the nine vote and France used veto, it would have look bad on France for stopping the will of International community. But guess what, Bush and Blair chickened out on the vote and choose not to even try, because with all the wire tapping, they knew they wouldn't get the 9 vote.
Are you f%cking serious?! You act like Bush gave Saddam a week to distroy his weapons!
Any, since you and Bush already make up your mind that Iraq has WMD and not disarming, never mind Iraq was in the process of distroying the only weapon found violating the agreement, and the inspector has not found anything even with attempts to talk to US intellegence on what make US so sure that Iraq has WMD, anything that other people trying to do, like finding the real evidence of WMD, or get an unbiased view of if Iraq violated the resolution is unacceptable.
I must ask the question again, are you f%cking serious?! "Iraq was in the process of distroying the only weapon found violating the agreement?" So he has been "in the process" of destroying his weapons since 1991?! Sh!t, he must have more weapons than the US, Russia, N Korea, and China combined with that kind of time!

And the UN inspectors didn't find WDM in Iraq? Well guess what? The US found 10 SCUD missles in the AIR targeting Kuwait about a week ago! However Kuwait was fortunate that the US shot them down!

Wake up man!

JackBurton

Lifer
Jul 18, 2000
Go ahead an enjoy your glorious war, just don't complain when you retired and see all the money you put into your social security fund gone paying for the war and to free the Iraqi people.
So money is what you are worried about? I think I put the safety of the US people WAY above my money! I value greatly the feeling of safety I have here in the US. But obviously A LOT of people here in the US take it for granted.

Snoop

Golden Member
Oct 11, 1999
Its funny that now that we have found 2000+ Iraqi chemical weapons suits along with atropine injection kits , you probably think Sadam bought all this stuff in case the US decided to use chemical weapons.
rolleye.gif

rchiu

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2002
Are you f%cking serious?! You act like Bush gave Saddam a week to distroy his weapons!
I must ask the question again, are you f%cking serious?! "Iraq was in the process of distroying the only weapon found violating the agreement?" So he has been "in the process" of destroying his weapons since 1991?! Sh!t, he must have more weapons than the US, Russia, N Korea, and China combined with that kind of time!

And the UN inspectors didn't find WDM in Iraq? Well guess what? The US found 10 SCUD missles in the AIR targeting Kuwait about a week ago! However Kuwait was fortunate that the US shot them down!

Wake up man!

You need to wake up man, even Pentagon cannot confirmed that Iraq fired any weapon that violates the UN resolution. I know reading all those junk sensationalistic journalism make you feel all happy and excited, but that's not where the truth is.

And oh, the UN resolution did not call for TOTAL DISARM of Iraq. It calls for disarm of WMD/weapon vilolating the resolution. They were distroying those al-Samoud 2 missile that exceed the permitted 93 miles range by like 20 miles before US attacked. I mean, up to now Bush and his capable intelligence people hasn't even provide any evidance that Iraq has WMD or weapon viloating the resolution, may be you the all knowing guy can testify in UN and open the eyes of everyone in the world.

Get the facts straight, and oh, calm down a little.

rchiu

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2002
Originally posted by: Snoop
Its funny that now that we have found 2000+ Iraqi chemical weapons suits along with atropine injection kits , you probably think Sadam bought all this stuff in case the US decided to use chemical weapons.
rolleye.gif

Yeah, and they also said they discovered a 100 acre chemical weapon factory.

rchiu

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2002
So money is what you are worried about? I think I put the safety of the US people WAY above my money! I value greatly the feeling of safety I have here in the US. But obviously A LOT of people here in the US take it for granted.

Well, I guess if Bush say you are safe, you can take his word for it. Never mind that al-qaeda is still out there, and tons of other countries like Russia, NK, China with WMD who are not exactly friendly with US, and wouldn't mind selling those under the table for a few million. Oh yeah, don't forget that every kid in Iraq with their parents killed can become a potential human bomb 15 years from now.

Snoop

Golden Member
Oct 11, 1999
rolleye.gif

I dont remeber anyone confirming that the hiden compound they found in the desert was a weapons facility. It was speculated on by the press. As for the chem suits and antidote, it is factual and NOT speculation but of course your going to ignore this and keep spewing rhetoric.

shiner

Lifer
Jul 18, 2000
Originally posted by: Red Dawn
Dipsh!t Translator; I'm a self loathing Moron whose turban is on to tight!
Thanks....saved me from having to say it.

JackBurton

Lifer
Jul 18, 2000
You need to wake up man, even Pentagon cannot confirmed that Iraq fired any weapon that violates the UN resolution. I know reading all those junk sensationalistic journalism make you feel all happy and excited, but that's not where the truth is.
You are in a serious case of denial!
And oh, the UN resolution did not call for TOTAL DISARM of Iraq. It calls for disarm of WMD/weapon vilolating the resolution. They were distroying those al-Samoud 2 missile that exceed the permitted 93 miles range by like 20 miles before US attacked. I mean, up to now Bush and his capable intelligence people hasn't even provide any evidance that Iraq has WMD or weapon viloating the resolution, may be you the all knowing guy can testify in UN and open the eyes of everyone in the world.
Yes, I'm WELL aware of what weapons were on the list to be destroyed. But you are aware that Iraq ONLY had to destroy WMD, correct? So that is a MUCH easier task than destroying ALL their weapons right? And they were STILL were in the "process" of destroying those weapons up until a month ago?! You've got to be freakin' kidding me? You can't have your head THAT deep in a hole!
Get the facts straight, and oh, calm down a little.
I have my facts straight and I find this a VERY serious issue we are dealing with here and I care not take such a nonchalant attitude as you shown. So pardon me for getting a little excited!

rchiu

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2002
rolleye.gif

I dont remeber anyone confirming that the hiden compound they found in the desert was a weapons facility. It was speculated on by the press. As for the chem suits and antidote, it is factual and NOT speculation but of course your going to ignore this and keep spewing rhetoric.

Well, that's my point. With all those so called facts going around, how can we tell what is factual or speculation? Even if that is true, you are forbidding a country with 22 million from having ANY chemical suit or antidote? Who is spewing rhetoric now?

JackBurton

Lifer
Jul 18, 2000
Well, I guess if Bush say you are safe, you can take his word for it. Never mind that al-qaeda is still out there, and tons of other countries like Russia, NK, China with WMD who are not exactly friendly with US, and wouldn't mind selling those under the table for a few million. Oh yeah, don't forget that every kid in Iraq with their parents killed can become a potential human bomb 15 years from now.
I have no misconception of how safe we REALLY are, but I do strive to keep it as safe as possible. On the other hand, you'd like the whole world to put flowers behind their ears and hold hands singing, "I love you, you love me..."