Donald Trump 2020

Page 66 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
I am not sure where to put this but will put this here.

I have been doing government contracting work for about 9 years now and I'm in a pretty good spot. I have worked on stuff that has been a direct result of EO's being signed.

The past year I have really contemplated switching career paths because I don't want to be affiliated with the current administration due to Trump. The pay and work/life balance is fantastic though and I truly enjoy what I do.

I was talking to my neighbor down the street 2 days ago who is in the Navy and does work with Walter Reed about the same thing, and he told me he has been feeling the same way. He also said this is a VERY common feeling in there and that many people are feeling this way.

Just thought I'd leave that here.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013

I have been doing government contracting work for about 9 years now and I'm in a pretty good spot. I have worked on stuff that has been a direct result of EO's being signed.

The past year I have really contemplated switching career paths because I don't want to be affiliated with the current administration due to Trump. The pay and work/life balance is fantastic though and I truly enjoy what I do.

I was talking to my neighbor down the street 2 days ago who is in the Navy and does work with Walter Reed about the same thing, and he told me he has been feeling the same way. He also said this is a VERY common feeling in there and that many people are feeling this way.

That was nice to read. Definitely need to hear things like this during times like these. Thanks for posting.

alien42

Lifer
Nov 28, 2004

between that sentiment and all of the scientists who have been pushed out of the federal government, it will be extremely difficult to replace them anytime soon. we are experiencing a serious brain drain on the federal level due to this administration.

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
between that sentiment and all of the scientists who have been pushed out of the federal government, it will be extremely difficult to replace them anytime soon. we are experiencing a serious brain drain on the federal level due to this administration.
Yeah and I already know a few people who rolled out. A lot had to do with covid though and just not being able to support telework initially, but now thankfully they have that covered.

And not to toot my own horn, but I have govies fighting over my time right now so they sure as shit don't want me to bounce out. And if anything, covid is going to allow for a lot more remote opportunities to pop up.

esquared

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 8, 2000

nickqt

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2015
Because Biden wasn't stupid or careless enough to catch COVID19

Team Trump tries new spin: Biden lacks 'firsthand experience' with COVID-19

Yeah, that will get out the vote. :rolleyes:

Maybe he can explain that you too, when sick with COVID19, can get two of your family members to
give you a joyride around town while still infectious.
Only suckers and losers avoid getting Covid.

Grey_Beard

Golden Member
Sep 23, 2014
Then there is this. Florida!

This is standard for Florida. They had a debacle with the unemployment site when the pandemic first started. Now this. They are experts at things like this. Couple this with their desire to suppress vote and you have a great excuse for denying folks who registered yesterday their ability to vote in this election.

Grey_Beard

Golden Member
Sep 23, 2014
“Something else”? Getting Proud Boys to go door to door? :)

No, Proud Boys will be poll watchers. There is so much “thievery” on Election Day. It is cornucopia of illegal activity. It’s the only way Republicans ever lose.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
CNN poll has Biden up by 16. While probably an outlier poll, the more interesting part is it shows only 1% undecided, and only 9% decided but persuadable, with over half the persuadable currently saying they favor Trump.

It's going to take a monster October surprise to alter the current trajectory of this election.

Jan 25, 2011
CNN poll has Biden up by 16. While probably an outlier poll, the more interesting part is it shows only 1% undecided, and only 9% decided but persuadable, with over half the persuadable currently saying they favor Trump.

It's going to take a monster October surprise to alter the current trajectory of this election.
I don't know that it's an outlier. Another had Biden up 14 the other day and I was looking at yet another today that had Biden up by 10 but said he was up 14% with everyone surveyed after Trump was hospitalized.

And sadly, they just need to be successful in their supression efforts and so far they are doing very well that way.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
I don't know that it's an outlier. Another had Biden up 14 the other day and I was looking at yet another today that had Biden up by 10 but said he was up 14% with everyone surveyed after Trump was hospitalized.

And sadly, they just need to be successful in their supression efforts and so far they are doing very well that way.

Overall polling had Biden up by 8.8 nationally, so I have to assume those polls showing a margin wider than 10 are outliers. Still, 8.8 nationally is back to where it was in July, except it isn't July anymore. The election is 27 days away.

The non-existent undecideds and small fraction of persuadables is also not good for Trump.

I don't think their suppression effort will be enough. It's going to take historic polling error for Trump to be the winner here.

Wreckem

Diamond Member
Sep 23, 2006
What's going on is that, last I heard, they were low on money. Evidently they intend to do something else with the limited funds they have.

While Trump and the GOP are conceding airwaves in swing states. The Dems are expanding further into swing states and are expanding beyond for both the Presidency and Senate. Some deep red Senate seats are officially in play and they are finally going in on Texas. The Dems are rapidly expanding the map and trying to go for the kill while the GOP are shrinking. The GOP panic is palpable in the down ballot races in seats that were considered safe two months ago.

Trump and the GOP probably shouldn’t have grifted through that first billion.

Last edited:
Reactions: skyking

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002

Fox has been bitching about why the Durham report hasn't come out yet, they believe that will turn the tide.

Jan 25, 2011
Then there is this. Florida!

Thankfully FL extended registration shockingly due to the outage. Meanwhile in Texas, more than 4.7 million people in the county, ONE drop box.

Jan 25, 2011
EjnW0ZjWkAA3SGy

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
Fox has been bitching about why the Durham report hasn't come out yet, they believe that will turn the tide.

I doubt it. People's minds are very set right now. A partisan report making false allegations against Biden isn't going to affect much of anything because no one outside Trump's base will put any credence in it.

It would take a real October surprise, not a fake one, to turn this around.

Status
Not open for further replies.