Donald Trump 2020

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000

BonzaiDuck

Lifer
Jun 30, 2004
Howard Dean, one-time presidential contender and a doctor before his governorship, observed that Trump's sniffing inhalations were indicative of someone with a cocaine habit.

I know I'd observed in early 2017 that they were symptomatic of his reading skills apparent when using the teleprompter. He can't read from a script and make it sound natural. He has no rhetorical skill -- practiced or inherent -- except for making impromptu rants. With prepared teleprompter material, the sniffing is a way of coping with the challenge of each written sentence. From my teaching experience, I gauge his reading skills at about the 10th or 11th-grade level. They may not always have been that low, but they seem to be now.

And "now" is all that matters . . .

outriding

Diamond Member
Feb 20, 2002

In only six countries did a majority indicate trust that Trump would do the right thing: the Philippines (77 percent), Israel (71 percent), Kenya (65 percent), Nigeria (58 percent), India (56 percent) and Poland (51 percent).

people like him in Kenya?

Ohhh. There is a shit hole comment in there somewhere. But I will be above that. This time

And the Kenya comment. Weird since that’s were Obama is from

outriding

Diamond Member
Feb 20, 2002
Howard Dean, one-time presidential contender and a doctor before his governorship, observed that Trump's sniffing inhalations were indicative of someone with a cocaine habit.

I know I'd observed in early 2017 that they were symptomatic of his reading skills apparent when using the teleprompter. He can't read from a script and make it sound natural. He has no rhetorical skill -- practiced or inherent -- except for making impromptu rants. With prepared teleprompter material, the sniffing is a way of coping with the challenge of each written sentence. From my teaching experience, I gauge his reading skills at about the 10th or 11th-grade level. They may not always have been that low, but they seem to be now.

And "now" is all that matters . . .

He has been put at lower

D3CAF387-BCE2-4CDC-9B72-C1F42D7A5E90.jpeg

Reactions: Ken g6

alien42

Lifer
Nov 28, 2004
I'm guessing he's going to forgo any of the debates as well this time around to avoid shit like this again.

there is no chance he shows up for a single debate, after the Democratic primary there will be no more debates. meanwhile, he will probably triple the number of rallies.

i hope i'm wrong.

BonzaiDuck

Lifer
Jun 30, 2004
He has been put at lower

View attachment 15572
Clinton, Obama and Carter have actually written their own books; we know the story about "Profiles in Courage" but Kennedy might as well have written the whole thing, and remember that he indeed wrote the entirety of "While England Slept" -- his thesis for his senior year at Harvard, later published. For the rest, you can educate me.

The ghost-writer employed by Trump tried to keep a straight face when he told an interviewer that "Art of the Deal" was probably the only book that Trump ever read from cover to cover.

For rhetorical expression, the speaker can choose his audience or audiences. Trump takes the easy path of simply appealing to the lowest common denominator. He closes the door on everyone else . . .

Mai72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2012
IMO, Trump has a good shot at 2020. Many people today are so fed up with politicians. Many of the Trump supporters aren't even Republican, but will side with this party because we only have a 2 party system. And Trump is in that camp. He's more of an independent, but enjoys the support of the Republicans. Our system is at fault for much of what is happening today. Corrupt politicians have ruined the faith that people used to have with their politicians. That is long gone now.

It's going to be real interesting where this all leads us in 20 years. Will we look back at this time as the defining moment that changed America forever? Who knows.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
IMO, Trump has a good shot at 2020. Many people today are so fed up with politicians. Many of the Trump supporters aren't even Republican, but will side with this party because we only have a 2 party system. And Trump is in that camp. He's more of an independent, but enjoys the support of the Republicans. Our system is at fault for much of what is happening today. Corrupt politicians have ruined the faith that people used to have with their politicians. That is long gone now.

It's going to be real interesting where this all leads us in 20 years. Will we look back at this time as the defining moment that changed America forever? Who knows.

The argument before Trump took office was that he wasn't part of the system (an independent). The record since doesn't support that argument anymore since he has done little but advance every GOP political goal he can find to lock their support of him in no matter the consequences to the country. Trump is the corrupt system he railed against and became it very aggressively.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
More Trump tax problems, but criminal this timel

Falsifying financials to avoid tax is a criminal offense.

New York Mayor Bill de Blasio said Friday that he had asked Manhattan’s district attorney to investigate discrepancies ProPublica and WNYC revealed last fall between what President Donald Trump’s company reported in filings to city tax officials and what it reported in loan filings. The discrepancies made his properties seem more profitable to a lender and less profitable to the city’s tax authorities.

After ProPublica published its findings, de Blasio said Friday, the city decided to examine the issues. That process resulted in one matter being turned over to the district attorney in November. De Blasio said he made the referral “because there is a possibility of a criminal act having been committed.” The referral related to Trump’s historic downtown skyscraper at 40 Wall Street, a city spokeswoman added.

De Blasio’s comments came during a conversation with WNYC reporter and “Trump, Inc.” podcast co-host Ilya Marritz on the “Ask the Mayor” segment of “The Brian Lehrer Show.” De Blasio, who ended a presidential bid in September, said Trump’s efforts to avoid taxes have gone beyond the measures taken by most wealthy Americans. He “consistently has believed he was above the law, even before he was president,” de Blasio said. “So this is a real problem, and I think there could be some real exposure here.”

In an emailed statement, a Trump Organization spokeswoman blasted de Blasio for “using the power of his office to try and launch an investigation into his political opponent.” The statement called the allegations “unfounded and clearly motivated by politics.”

A mayoral spokeswoman said that “the Manhattan DA is the proper jurisdiction to investigate these claims, as the city can only review what is directly reported to us. The DA has the jurisdiction to take appropriate steps if they find wrongdoing.”

A spokesman for Manhattan District Attorney Cyrus Vance Jr. declined to comment.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
More Trump tax problems, but criminal this timel

Falsifying financials to avoid tax is a criminal offense.

New York Mayor Bill de Blasio said Friday that he had asked Manhattan’s district attorney to investigate discrepancies ProPublica and WNYC revealed last fall between what President Donald Trump’s company reported in filings to city tax officials and what it reported in loan filings. The discrepancies made his properties seem more profitable to a lender and less profitable to the city’s tax authorities.

After ProPublica published its findings, de Blasio said Friday, the city decided to examine the issues. That process resulted in one matter being turned over to the district attorney in November. De Blasio said he made the referral “because there is a possibility of a criminal act having been committed.” The referral related to Trump’s historic downtown skyscraper at 40 Wall Street, a city spokeswoman added.

De Blasio’s comments came during a conversation with WNYC reporter and “Trump, Inc.” podcast co-host Ilya Marritz on the “Ask the Mayor” segment of “The Brian Lehrer Show.” De Blasio, who ended a presidential bid in September, said Trump’s efforts to avoid taxes have gone beyond the measures taken by most wealthy Americans. He “consistently has believed he was above the law, even before he was president,” de Blasio said. “So this is a real problem, and I think there could be some real exposure here.”

In an emailed statement, a Trump Organization spokeswoman blasted de Blasio for “using the power of his office to try and launch an investigation into his political opponent.” The statement called the allegations “unfounded and clearly motivated by politics.”

A mayoral spokeswoman said that “the Manhattan DA is the proper jurisdiction to investigate these claims, as the city can only review what is directly reported to us. The DA has the jurisdiction to take appropriate steps if they find wrongdoing.”

A spokesman for Manhattan District Attorney Cyrus Vance Jr. declined to comment.

Vance owes us one after letting Don Jr and Ivanka off the hook for fraud over the Trump SoHo.

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
Wall Street Journal is reporting that Trump assassinated Soleimani to score points with Senators whose votes he needs to prevent impeachment.

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
Reactions: ElFenix

Ken g6

Programming Moderator, Elite Member
Dec 11, 1999
He has been put at lower

View attachment 15572
Technically, this doesn't mean he couldn't be more intelligent than the chart indicates. It means this is the education level of the people he's speaking to.

Which means other presidential candidates either need to get people more education, or they need to talk more plainly. Probably both.

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008

NATURALLY Donald Trump uses.
His entire family uses.
And look at those around Trump, his staff, his advisors, THEY ALL USE.
That is the only logical conclusion to the odd behaviors. The mindless tweets. The flip-flop administration positions. One need not be a doctor to figure this out. Trump conflicting with statements from his own people, his own people conflicting with tweets from Trump.
It's call insanity.
Drug induced insanity.
LONG TERM drug induced insanity.
The insanity from those egg frying TV commercials that warned, A MIND IS A TERRIBLE THING TO WASTE.

Status
Not open for further replies.