Does a game with 1000 or more hours of gameplay exist????

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

pathos

Aug 12, 2009
I think I remember reading a while ago that some people played their original games of Daggerfall into the 2000's.

I never did play that game so I wouldn't know exactly how it would work.

I know I played Arena, and later Daggerfall, for a long, long time each. It was across multiple saves though. I couldn't really say how much time each save got.

Both of those games had land masses much larger than morrowind or oblivion, which means more cities and dungeons to visit. But, on the downside, much of that content was randomly generated, using set parameters, so you wouldn't exactly be seeing brand new content for everything you'd explore.

You know, I haven't checked, but if they have those games up on gog.com, I might just go buy them, and play again. It would at least be easier than trying to get my original discs to run on windows 7 on my own :p

edit - The only game I know I broke that many hours playing is probably the original Everquest. I spent a good 5-7 hours every weekday, and much longer on the weekends, for 6 or 7 years.

Last edited:

TakeNoPrisoners

Platinum Member
Jun 3, 2011
I know I played Arena, and later Daggerfall, for a long, long time each. It was across multiple saves though. I couldn't really say how much time each save got.

Both of those games had land masses much larger than morrowind or oblivion, which means more cities and dungeons to visit. But, on the downside, much of that content was randomly generated, using set parameters, so you wouldn't exactly be seeing brand new content for everything you'd explore.

You know, I haven't checked, but if they have those games up on gog.com, I might just go buy them, and play again. It would at least be easier than trying to get my original discs to run on windows 7 on my own :p

edit - The only game I know I broke that many hours playing is probably the original Everquest. I spent a good 5-7 hours every weekday, and much longer on the weekends, for 6 or 7 years.

I think Arena and Daggerfall are up for free on the TES website.

OCNewbie

Diamond Member
Jul 18, 2000
I'd be shocked if I didn't have well over 1,000 hours in Quake 2 and Everquest, each.

Edit: Oh yeah, maybe close to that with Diablo 2 as well.

Last edited:

BFG10K

Lifer
Aug 14, 2000
I think I’ve spent more on Quake 3.

Also I could see how doing XP/item runs in Diablo 2 could result in a ridiculous amount of hours.

supremor

Dec 2, 2010
Logged about 7k hours of WoW before I quit... only other game I can think of that I got over 1k hours in would be Wolfenstein Enemy Territory, man that game was just awesome.

PrayForDeath

Diamond Member
Apr 12, 2004
I must've easily spent over 1000 hours on Heroes of Newerth. Hard to get into, but even harder to stop playing once you do!