Do you think Trump Republicans will actually inject themselves with disinfectant?

ondma

Platinum Member
Mar 18, 2018
This was totally crazy. The absolute worst is that it is given some "credibility" by Birks just sitting there.
They (Birks, Fauci, et.al.) need to re-iterate that using non-approved treatemant can be dangerous or even fatal.

interchange

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
I mean... Having that thought is perhaps not as shockingly dumb as it comes across. I've fielded a lot of similar kinds of questions from people of average +/- intelligence. The shocking thing is musing about it publicly on so many levels. E.g. Trump not having an inkling of asking his advisors about something before spouting it, collecting cronies who have made themselves ok with the futility of trying to keep him informed, and especially the by-default normalization of those remarks. He has created an environment where simple challenge has to lead to toxic gloves off partisan assault, and we've seen where that has lead when feeling like the justification for once was enough to take the strongest action we could.

It's wrong to normalize this, though. We should be engaging in efforts to impeach, remove, censure, etc. on the hour. Even with expecting them to fail. Not arbitrarily. It's just that Trump gives the justification for those actions nearly constantly.

Actually now is probably the exception with needing to prioritize COVID-19. But I don't think anything else during his presidency should have superseded this duty.

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
I mean... Having that thought is perhaps not as shockingly dumb as it comes across.
It absolutely is. If you think IV detergent or an inhalation of bleach is a good idea then you are an unmitigated moron.
The time for sugar coating how we talk to idiots is gone. They are dangerous and stupid. We cant stop them being stupid but we can stop them being dangerous.

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
It certainly couldn't hurt.

what do you have to lose? just take it!

i don't want anyone to get hurt, but honestly, i think if a few people DID die from the president's boneheaded suggestion, maybe his supporters would start to realize what a fucking moron he is.

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005

i don't want anyone to get hurt, but honestly, i think if a few people DID die from the president's boneheaded suggestion, maybe his supporters would start to realize what a fucking moron he is.
I think if you haven't realised that hes an idiot yet you are probably a bigger idiot than him!

local

Golden Member
Jun 28, 2011
Inhalation of disinfectant actually kinda already does happen, vaping. One of the primary ingredients in vape juice is propylene glycol. Hospitals and labs have for a long time used fogging machines to sanitize areas with one of the primary ingredients being, propylene glycol.

Super doubtful that it actually works in the least but the technicality is there.

Combine that with the French now testing nicotine as a treatment and I might just start vaping again. /s

interchange

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
It absolutely is. If you think IV detergent or an inhalation of bleach is a good idea then you are an unmitigated moron.
The time for sugar coating how we talk to idiots is gone. They are dangerous and stupid. We cant stop them being stupid but we can stop them being dangerous.

I disagree. A good culture and operational structure are what protect people from stupidity in operation. Punishing those who speak in earnest but are mistaken leads to divisiveness and a lack of freedom to speak up when uncertain about one's position, similarly punishing expression of the good ideas that a person may have. When something is merely suppressed, however, it also does not go away. Imagine someone other than Trump had this idea and feared being seen as dumb for asking about it. Then intentionally inhaling lysol and causing lung damage. It may have been much better if that person felt safe asking their doctor if this would help and their doctor was non-judgmental in replying no, that would not help and is very unsafe. We have seen this in operation already (chloroquine poisoning). A good culture and operational structure would have promoted Trump sharing his idea with his advisers and being educated otherwise and not expressing it. And for others to step in immediately after expressing it and adding reason to the discussion. Now this didn't happen because the culture we have is a product of Trump's intention. And that is the most compelling reason of this for which he is unfit for office of President.

Don't mistake me. The fact that he didn't have the wherewithal to question his own logic demonstrates something seriously damning about his fitness for office. It's just that it's relatively low on my extremely extensive list.

In applying it to the general public. Please don't write off people with dumb ideas like this. That's asking too much.

brainhulk

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2007
Combine that with the French now testing nicotine as a treatment and I might just start vaping again. /s

aBw4Kwz.jpg

mikeymikec

Lifer
May 19, 2011
Anyone want some Trump-branded holy water? Smells a bit funny and both cleans externally and internally!

Last edited:

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
Inhalation of disinfectant actually kinda already does happen, vaping. One of the primary ingredients in vape juice is propylene glycol. Hospitals and labs have for a long time used fogging machines to sanitize areas with one of the primary ingredients being, propylene glycol.

Super doubtful that it actually works in the least but the technicality is there.

I read a blog on a vaping site a couple of years ago that opined that vaping helps prevent things like viral infections because the PG formed a thin "coating" that prevented the cirus from getting into the lungs.

I don't know if it's bullshit...certainly could be...but I DO know that since I started vaping 7+ years ago, I've had ONE chest cold, and it was pretty mild. When I smoked cigarettes, I could almost guarantee at least one every year...usually turned into bronchitis. I mean, damn, it's almost like those cigarettes weren't health and might have been causing harm or something. Nah, that's just crazy talk.

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001

Nah, they just died because they were weak, probably because they were actually RINOs. Likely got little shrines to that damn demoncrat Pelosi in their basement.

nOOky

Platinum Member
Aug 17, 2004
Doesn't Kim Kardashian bleach her vagina? I'd have to see the inside of that before I go ahead and bleach my lungs.

Nov 29, 2006
I say let them. If they are this stupid it’s better to get them out of the gene pool and as parents to pass on shitty life skills to children.

ran out of fucks to give, regarding conservatards, about 6 months ago.

Reactions: Meghan54

local

Golden Member
Jun 28, 2011
I read a blog on a vaping site a couple of years ago that opined that vaping helps prevent things like viral infections because the PG formed a thin "coating" that prevented the cirus from getting into the lungs.

I don't know if it's bullshit...certainly could be...but I DO know that since I started vaping 7+ years ago, I've had ONE chest cold, and it was pretty mild. When I smoked cigarettes, I could almost guarantee at least one every year...usually turned into bronchitis. I mean, damn, it's almost like those cigarettes weren't health and might have been causing harm or something. Nah, that's just crazy talk.

Also something to the effect of it helped keep your sinus hydrated in the dry months and it cracked less making it harder to have an infection start in the first place. I don't know but in the 6 years I vaped I don't remember having much in the way of respiratory illness at all and that is something you see a lot of vapers say as well. I have had three colds since I quit vaping in July but I generally chalk that one up to the kids starting school and bringing everything home.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
Also something to the effect of it helped keep your sinus hydrated in the dry months and it cracked less making it harder to have an infection start in the first place. I don't know but in the 6 years I vaped I don't remember having much in the way of respiratory illness at all and that is something you see a lot of vapers say as well. I have had three colds since I quit vaping in July but I generally chalk that one up to the kids starting school and bringing everything home.

children...filthy little disease-spreading parasites... :p

Reactions: local