Do you think Trump Republicans will actually inject themselves with disinfectant?

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005

Judge Issues Restraining Order To ‘Church’ Selling Bleach As COVID-19 Cure

View attachment 20126

A federal judge in Florida ordered a “church” hawking bleach as a holy sacrament to stop selling it as a COVID-19 cure.

“Genesis II Church of Health and Healing” has in recent weeks marketed an industrial bleach concoction long a mainstay in anti-vaccine circles — “Miracle Mineral Solution,” or MMS — as a coronavirus prevention and treatment elixir, prosecutors alleged in a complaint Thursday.

On Friday, Judge Kathleen Williams approved a temporary restraining order to prevent the four men behind the church from hawking the elixir.

In reality, most MMS is just chlorine dioxide — “a powerful bleaching agent,” as the FDA warned last year.

Nonetheless, the church’s websites advertise “sacramental Dosing for Coronavirus” and feature a full page of testimonials about the bleach mixture’s effectiveness against the virus.

“I was really skeptical of MMS but my little autistic brother has been taking it since he was like 3 and he’s 11 now and every time he got sick he’d get over it within like a day no matter the severity,” read one unsigned testimonial on a church website. “He never got sick from it or anything so I decided to give it a try and boy oh boy I was surprised it really does work.”

“It was a terrible time but it worked no matter what anyone says it really works,” the purportedly happy customer added.

The Florida men — Mark, Joseph, Jordan and Jonathan Grenon — are part of a larger group that was one of the early popularizers of bleach as a “cure” for dozens of conditions. One of the church’s founders, Jim Humble, was described by Newsweek in 2018 as a former Scientologist. He’s also a former gold prospector, ABC News reported in 2016, in a story that called Genesis II Church officials “the high priests of snake oil.”

The oddly structured organization — “a free church under common law” that is “not under commercial law,” its website proclaims — is devoted to the bleach concoction, which has dangerously grown in popularity in recent years as a home remedy for autism.

A reggae jingle at the top of a recent online broadcast from the church sang the praises of the bleach mixture.

It’s a thorn in the side of corrupt institutions,” the song goes. “A drop of chlorine dioxide starts a health revolution.”

Underneath the ensuing 150-minute conversation, text on the church’s website blares: “G2Voice Broadcast #182: The Coronavirus is curable! Do you believe it? You better!”

According to the complaint against church’s “archbishop” and “bishops” — Mark, Joseph, Jordan and Jonathan Grenon — the religious leaders really just label and distribute MMS.

Despite a letter from the FDA and FTC last week ordering them to stop advertising the bleach as a COVID-19 cure, Genesis II Church kept going.

“We take donations, we don’t sell anything,” Mark Grenon said of the FDA letter on a recent “G2Voice” broadcast. “How dare you call our sacraments fraudulent!” he added.

In a letter back to the FDA and FTC, Grenon essentially claimed his organization was exempt from laws regulating medical claims, arguing its distribution of “sacraments” was a matter of religious freedom.

“‘Branding?’ We are NOT commercial code!” he wrote. “NOTE: You are trying to put us in your box and try and get us under your authority.”

Prosecutors didn’t appreciate that response.

“When warned by authorities that their conduct was unlawful, Defendants responded with open defiance, explicitly avowing that they need not — and will ‘never’ — obey the law,” they wrote.

As of Friday, the advertisements for MMS as a COVID-19 treatment were still live on Genesis II Church’s websites.

In other news...

Yeah Trumpanzees aka "Branch Covidians" are doing it.

Just shoot these fuckers. It's one thing to fleece, it's another when you try to kill as well.

Reactions: BUTCH1
Feb 4, 2009
Its happening:

During a Saturday afternoon briefing, Illinois Public Health Director Dr. Ngozi Ezike reported a significant increase in calls to poison control, including, she said, someone who tried using a detergent-based solution like a sinus rinse and another person who gargled with a bleach and mouthwash mixture in an effort to kill germs.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
Look at Trump having a bloody fight with himself what with his crippling habit of saying incredibly stupid things and then having to find someone else to blame or thinking of some lame excuse that's as bad or even worse than the original gaffs he thought made him look so clever, so genius-like at the time.

Then look at so many of his supporters having to debase themselves, having to spend their last ounce of self-respect and credibility they had in order to try to spin Trump's constant stream of lies and cockamamie opinions he comes up with on the fly.

This whole scene, this insane trip, this surreal tour that Trump's addled mind is taking us through would be hilarious if not for the fact that thousands upon thousands of Americans are dying from Covid while Trump is making things worse every time he tries to show the world how well he's handling the crisis.

Reactions: Meghan54

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
6f3643072eeaa8e9a7dd31b9653d5bb5.png

I have soooo many questions lol.

But first... What's the deal with 6pm?

Was that the universal war time grinding hour?

When did "husbands" get home from work to have time for dinner, hosted parties, presumably kids, then have time to sack their wives at 6pm?

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005

When did "husbands" get home from work to have time for dinner, hosted parties, presumably kids, then have time to sack their wives at 6pm?

Just a guess

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004

Remember this is before TV, Twitter and Facebook.

allisolm

Elite Member
Administrator
Jan 2, 2001
Do you think Trump Republicans will actually inject themselves with disinfectant?

Could be. At least in Maryland.

Maryland Gov. Larry Hogan (R) "we had hundreds of calls in our hotline here in Maryland about people asking about injecting or ingesting these disinfectants, which is, you know, hard to imagine that people thought that that was serious."

You can't make this stuff up.

zzyzxroad

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2017
When you have absolute imbeciles so devoid of thought that they believe a character from The Apprentice is real, this seems probable.

Plus, I saw this one moron stare directly into an eclipse. Human stupidity can't be underestimated.

Last edited:

eelw

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 1999
Right, you have people on social media taking the COVID challenge and licking public surfaces. Any word on idiotic social influencers doing this and taking the tide pod challenge further?

Puffnstuff

Lifer
Mar 9, 2005
Remember friends...you aren't a real Republican until you lick the carts at your local Walmart. :p

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
Uh...

People are getting sick and even dying after swallowing hand sanitizer, the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said Wednesday. Four died and others have suffered impaired vision or seizures, the CDC says.

Hand sanitizer is everywhere and is useful for cleaning the hands during the coronavirus pandemic. But it's not safe to swallow, the CDC cautions. "Alcohol-based hand sanitizer products should never be ingested," the CDC said in a new report.

A CDC team described the cases of 15 adults in Arizona and New Mexico hospitalized for methanol poisoning after consuming alcohol-based hand sanitizers between May and June.

Qualifier: article says some might be doing it to get drunk. So cause is unknown.

• Wow
Reactions: Maxima1

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
Wow... I find it hard to understand people who drink all manner of weird shit trying to get an alcohol buzz. I have a cabinet full of all manner of alcoholic beverages, hard stuff, liqueurs of all kinds, plus large bottles of tequila, whiskey, around my kitchen and dining room, 12oz bottles of gourmet brew in the fridge, wine too, and I can go weeks at a time and forget all about it. I just NEVER crave alcohol. I've never had the slightest addiction to any drug. Well, there's this: :D

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Yeah these are hardcore drinking problem people.

Yea, a dude I know had this conversation with me, turns out he has a family member in NM that would do this type of thing, he said the guy was off rails drunkard. I just had never heard of this type of stuff

Feb 4, 2009
Yea, a dude I know had this conversation with me, turns out he has a family member in NM that would do this type of thing, he said the guy was off rails drunkard. I just had never heard of this type of stuff

I remember a local news story from about 20 years ago where kids like 3rd graders were coming back from lunch appearing drunk.
One kid started drinking some hand sanitizer then other kids started to ask for hand sanitizer to drink.
While I am hesitant to call a 5 year old a hardcore drinker but there does appear to be a genetic factor in drinking too much.
Shit some drunks drink lysterine, even after they added something to make it bitter while drinking it.