• Guest, The rules for the P & N subforum have been updated to prohibit "ad hominem" or personal attacks against other posters. See the full details in the post "Politics and News Rules & Guidelines."

Question Do you think GPU stock/prices will get back to normal before end of the year?

Page 13 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Leeea

Apr 3, 2020
I do not feel prices will drop prior to Eth 2.0.

As Eth 2.0 is not planned for this year, I do not feel prices will go back to normal in 2021.

GodisanAtheist

Platinum Member
Nov 16, 2006

- This sounds about right.

Reactions: Leeea

Artorias

Golden Member
Feb 8, 2014

Knock on wood my 1080TI keeps chugging along. No plans to upgrade anytime soon. At this rate it the 5XXX would be my next upgrade.

Ajay

Diamond Member
Jan 8, 2001

Wait, demand went up due to COVID-19; and, demand will go up again as countries get back to normal (due to vaccinations, I assume).
So, which is it?

Reactions: SMU_Pony

CP5670

Diamond Member
Jun 24, 2004
I think the biggest factor in demand is the cryptocurrency prices, much more than covid lockdowns, tariffs or other things. It's much more profitable to run a mining warehouse than it was a year ago. I don't see this going away for a while, since the demand this year is driven by corporations and pension funds who want to show their boards that they are on top of the latest trend.

Reactions: SMU_Pony

ASK THE COMMUNITY