Do you drink caffeine each day for work?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

KidNiki1

Platinum Member
Oct 15, 2010
nope, stopped drinking all caffeinated drinks towards the end of last year, including coffee and all soda. feels good man.

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
Guilty as charged. Cup of joe in the morning with breakfast. Will usually have some form of Vitamin C after lunch to uhhh...help with digestion.

zCypher

Diamond Member
Aug 18, 2002
Used to drink that french vanilla crap, somehow. Then I migrated to two sugar + two cream, now I don't know how I was able to drink that. I will drink coffee with just a tiny bit of cream and that's it. Occasionally I'll drink it black.

Some days I don't have any... doesn't really matter. Definitely don't "need" it. It is a good beverage though.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
"for" work? no... but I do drink coffee at work.

I usually have a strong cup of coffee in the morning while I'm settling in for the day, and when I need my late-afternoon sugar rush, I'll have a lighter cup and some kind of sweet.

Worthington

Golden Member
Apr 29, 2005
I drink coffee everyday, work or not. I go to bed at night mildly enthused for my next day's coffee. That, and hate keep me alive :^D

This is pretty much me. Just the thought of my morning coffee puts a smile on my face. Don't drink it for work, but because I want to. every.day.

Saint Nick

Lifer
Jan 21, 2005
Drink coffee almost every weekend, and occassionally during the week if I am dragging. Had some this morning! Usually two cups max, with cream OR sugar.

preslove

Lifer
Sep 10, 2003
2 cups of strong black tea plus a little milk and brown baker's sugar is my morning standby. After lunch, I'll have a cup of oolong tea and then reinfuse the leaves a few times before 5 pm. Occasionally, I'll have coffee in the morning, instead.

CPA

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
I've never had even a sip of coffee and I get through my days just fine.

Same here. Just the smell of coffee makes me want to vomit.

Once in a while I will have a Coke Zero Vanilla and if I workout in the morning I have a Jack'd, which will last until mid-afternoon.

MagnusTheBrewer

IN MEMORIAM
Jun 19, 2004
Same here. Just the smell of coffee makes me want to vomit.

Once in a while I will have a Coke Zero Vanilla and if I workout in the morning I have a Jack'd, which will last until mid-afternoon.

Wanna know how I know you're a pink slime eatin' commie?

bigrash

Lifer
Feb 20, 2001
Used to drink about 2 or 3 cups a day at work. Stopped cold turkey for about 6 months. Started drinking again and now I drink 1 cup a day.

Jeff7

Lifer
Jan 4, 2001
Drink? No.
Tablets? Yes.

More portable, stores easily, and the dosage is fairly adjustable by breaking apart the tablets.

BurnItDwn

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
I love coffee, usually drink 24oz of black strong coffee at work, various different brews, sometimes Dunkin or Harbucks, sometimes World Market, sometimes 8 Oclock.... as long as it's black. I tend to favor Sumatra beans with a medium roast, but I'll drink pure fvcking robusto without too much complaint. (I like bitter things)

Also, generally don't drink pop, I simply just love coffee as it's so damn tasty.

DigDog

Lifer
Jun 3, 2011
People still play that game?

No coffee for me...though I'll grab an occasional vitamin water with taurine if I really need a boost. I love coffee, but caffeine gives me anxiety.

quakelive.com , that is

working in restaurants kind of did it for me, with the espresso machine sitting there, defenceless, and me wanting all the powah i can grab :/

WhoBeDaPlaya

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2000
Ginseng, the good stuff not the cheap crap.
Unfortunately, I'm immune to caffeine. Heck, I have a cup almost every night before going to bed.

OverVolt

Lifer
Aug 31, 2002
I like my coffee addiction, it has had nothing but positive effects honestly. I maintain the same 2cups/day and refuse to go higher. I sometimes have 3cups/day for when I might need to be more alert, a presentation/exam/whatever.

It helps my stomach digest better, don't know why. It helps me wake up at the same time everyday, 2cups/day is overall beneficial to your health AFAIK with regards to blood sugar/blood pressure that type of thing. 4cups/day is when it starts to have more bad than good effects.

A starbucks venti is like 450mg = 4.5cups of coffee Alot of people I think do like 2 cups 6 cups 7 cups 2 cups -> terrible headache and then curse caffeine because they actually have no idea how much they are drinking.

Those 24oz coffees = 4.5cups. If you chug it and see stars you've had too much caffeine lol.

Last edited: