Do you drink caffeine each day for work?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

zerocool84

Lifer
Nov 11, 2004
501893b.jpg

SparkyJJO

Lifer
May 16, 2002
I have caffeine most days but that's just because it happens to be in stuff I drink (coffee, or the coke I may have at lunch). It doesn't do anything for me.

Yes, I've tested this and gone a few days without any caffeine at all. No difference.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
I make at least two pots of coffee each day. My wife rarely gets more than two cups out of those. Some days, I make a third pot and drink that too.

I rarely drink soda...and when I do, it's generally Sprite/Sierra Mist/7-up.

Childs

Lifer
Jul 9, 2000
I drink so much Coke that caffeine hasnt worked as a stimulant for me in at least 10 years. Never liked the taste of coffee, so I just end up tired at work and need to go outside to wake up.

Svnla

Lifer
Nov 10, 2003
I drank coffee once and hated it. Never try it again. I do drink Coke and do need to cut back.

chubbyfatazn

Golden Member
Oct 14, 2006
It's just part of my wake-up ritual. Caffeine hasn't had an effect on me for awhile since my dad started making me a cup with his since I was in 6th grade.

Black all the way, sugar and cream makes it adulterated.

Rifter

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Everyday, i work 12 hour graveyard shifts that most of the time involve not alot more than me staring at a monitor and phone hopeing they ring so i have something to do. I drink 1-2 energy drinks a night.

Leros

Lifer
Jul 11, 2004
We have free drinks of all kinds (coffee, espresso, sodas, juices, etc... even beer/wine).

I'm the kind of person that just enjoys drinking something. I usually go through a drink about every 30 minutes. I get something caffeinated (coffee or diet coke) about every 1.5 -2 hours. I usually get water or green tea in between. If I stay late, I'll usually have myself a beer or two.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
I'm not a huge coffee fan, but I find it does help me wake up, so I usually have a cup in the morning, especially on the shifts where I start at 7. Though I tend to intake my caffeine in the form of Pepsi. I've been trying to slow down that stuff though, all that sugar can't be good for me.

Mike Gayner

Diamond Member
Jan 5, 2007
We have free drinks of all kinds (coffee, espresso, sodas, juices, etc... even beer/wine).

I'm the kind of person that just enjoys drinking something. I usually go through a drink about every 30 minutes. I get something caffeinated (coffee or diet coke) about every 1.5 -2 hours. I usually get water or green tea in between. If I stay late, I'll usually have myself a beer or two.

Green tea has caffeine in it.

Mr. Pedantic

Diamond Member
Feb 14, 2010
Not really. Coffee for me is more a social drink, since everyone in the hospital drinks it as well. It's really expensive though, so I just end up drinking water or making my own. But otherwise, I try to avoid coffee and to save it for when I need to be extra alert or onto it.

Gotta be at work at 6:30 so its 3 cups of black coffee to get me going. I don't drink any on the weekends and don't drink sodas.

That's not really an appropriate excuse. I was fine starting work at 6:30, and some people start at 4.

AznAnarchy99

Lifer
Dec 6, 2004
There is nothing wrong with coffee; it can actually be good for you. Google it.

What is wrong is Dunkin Donuts style coffee (ie. 1/4 cup of sugar) and flavored/mixed speciality coffees or coffee with whipped toppings. Drink a bunch of those a day and you will probably have health problems.

I've been drinking 6 cups a day since I've been 18, and have zero health problems (41 years old). In my college years I drank practically twice that. But, I barely use any sugar, maybe a 1/4 of a teaspoon (don't like sweet).

I drink mine black and extremely strong. Either vietnamese coffee or if there's none in the area, 3-4 shots of espresso on ice. The only problem is that my body starts to be dependent on it and without caffeine Ill be extremely tired.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
No I drink cola, which has caffeine in it.
If I drank caffeine I'd probably die.
(Not that you sorry sons of bitches would care.)

stargazr

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2010
Absolutely. About 3-4 cups black (no sugar) every day. I'd probably drink more if they had any at work.

I used to drink it all day long but all of a sudden in my late thirties it kept me awake all night so I have to stop by 10-11 am.

Ketchup

Elite Member
Sep 1, 2002
2 to 3 cups a day, can't drink it past noon though. But if you see me at my desk without coffee, something's wrong.