Discussion on Cyberstalking

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

randomrogue

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2011
Yes, look at my posts in OT and he is the first to post after every post I make there as well with personal lies and attacks.

I looked to see if I could see a pattern. I went to 10 of your recent posts and there were 10 different people who posted after you. Not a single repeat.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
I looked to see if I could see a pattern. I went to 10 of your recent posts and there were 10 different people who posted after you. Not a single repeat.

I did the same thing.....
What I think the real issue is, if I may...
dmcowen674 want to be able to call the shots and make unsubstantiated claims to back up his paranoia.....but hey who am I???

The meds are somewhere.....

But you know the saying -- if looks like......and smells like...then it must be....

randomrogue

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2011
Actually I screwed up. I looked at P/N first. Looking at OT I see one repeat. Basically I see 15 no-repeats in P/N and 11 no-repeats in OT plus one who posted after you in a thread. You responded to him twice so I doubt that's your stalker since surely you have him on ignore.

randomrogue

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2011
Stop lying like the rest.

Look in the gas thread.

lopped

I didn't participate in that thread. However looking at the first 5 pages (I'm not going to look at 100+ pages, sorry) I think I understand what the problem is.

You don't know what a forum is do you? When you post, people respond, and you respond to them it's pretty normal. Looking at those first pages I see you interacting with a number of people and many more quoting you.

If you can't handle this you either need to put people on ignore and make the best of it or find another hobby.

/facepalm

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
I didn't participate in that thread. However looking at the first 5 pages (I'm not going to look at 100+ pages, sorry) I think I understand what the problem is.

You don't know what a forum is do you? When you post, people respond, and you respond to them it's pretty normal. Looking at those first pages I see you interacting with a number of people and many more quoting you.

If you can't handle this you either need to put people on ignore and make the best of it or find another hobby.

/facepalm

So why are you ignoring the posts by lopped right after mine with personal lies and attacks?

Do you see that happening to anyone else?

How bout I make some shit up about you and your wife and post after every one of your posts with that shit?

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
So why are you ignoring the posts by lopped right after mine with personal lies and attacks?

How bout I make some shit up about you and your wife and post after every one of your posts with that shit?

A few of us have gone and looked at that ONE thread.....
Dude you need thicker skin......

Also you made a few claims that turned out to be not ture at all....
#1 -- Simply look after every post I make and see who immediately posts the same insane post. -- NOT TRUE!!
#2 -- The trail is in black and white for all to see except you guys for some reason. -- There is no trail!!
#3 -- Follows my every post both in here & Off Topic yet staying out of this thread. -- no evidence, after looking it turns out by your own admission it took place ONLY in the Gas thread that you mentioned!!
#4 -- You know he is an alternate account. -- you have no proof of that....spreading mis-information..
#5 -- It's in Moderator Discussion Forum and summarily dismissed by a girl that won't name but is certainly biased. -- dismissed I would guess because you failed to prove your point....or you were crying over nothing...
#6 -- When did personal attacks and stalking become allowed? -- let he who is without sin cast the first stone....

Bowfinger

Lifer
Nov 17, 2002
Please avoid turning this into the dmcowen674 thread.

You've had your say, if you wish to pursue it further at this time then take it to Moderator Discussions, otherwise please let others get back to discussing P&N.
I don't suppose it's practical to moderate for reading comprehension? Some people seem to have a real problem with it.

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
I didn't participate in that thread. However looking at the first 5 pages

He is on ignore. People quote his personal lies and attacks.

I'll post made up personal lies and attacks after every one of your posts too since you like it so much.

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Originally Posted by Idontcare
Please avoid turning this into the dmcowen674 thread.

You've had your say, if you wish to pursue it further at this time then take it to Moderator Discussions, otherwise please let others get back to discussing P&N.

I don't suppose it's practical to moderate for reading comprehension? Some people seem to have a real problem with it.

I dislike having personal lies and attacks posted by one particular stalker.

How bout I make up shit about you and post after your posts too?

irishScott

Lifer
Oct 10, 2006
Yes, look at my posts in OT and he is the first to post after every post I make there as well with personal lies and attacks.

I meant somewhere IRL. Who cares if someone is "stalking" you on AT? It's a public web forum, get over it. :rolleyes:

Idontcare

Elite Member
Oct 10, 1999
This thread was created from posts originally contributed to the Open Mic thread, but since it took on a life of its own and began to derail the Open Mic thread I have moved them over to this new thread.

This new thread is not relevant to P&N, and so it will likely be moved at a future time to a more appropriate venue (Moderator Discussions or OT), without sanction to the OP, to ensure P&N remains P&N.

For now, discussion on the topic of cyberstalking needs to go here, not the Open Mic thread.

Administrator Idontcare

FuzzyBee

Diamond Member
Jan 22, 2000
This thread was created from posts originally contributed to the Open Mic thread, but since it took on a life of its own and began to derail the Open Mic thread I have moved them over to this new thread.

This new thread is not relevant to P&N, and so it will likely be moved at a future time to a more appropriate venue (Moderator Discussions or OT), without sanction to the OP, to ensure P&N remains P&N.

For now, discussion on the topic of cyberstalking needs to go here, not the Open Mic thread.

Administrator Idontcare

Thank you.

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
I don't see the point.

Mods have made it clear that made up personal lies and attackes are perfectly OK as well as stalker posting.

No point in having or using the ignore feature here at all.

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
Hold on, you think someone replying to your posts on a public forum is being stalked?

Am I missing something here?

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
Like me to make up persomal lies about you and your wife and post after every one of your posts? Sounds like you would like too.

Care to join the list?

You can if you want, although I'm not seeing anyone doing that behaviour in this thread.

What list?

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
Like me to make up persomal lies about you and your wife and post after every one of your posts? Sounds like you would like too.

Care to join the list?

Is this about cyberstalking or how you feel you are personally being treated? They aren't automatically the same. As a former moderator I gave a great deal of leeway even when personally attacked. The line for me was if it gets to the point where there is personally identifiable information given, meaning address phone numbers etc. If that happened I suspect a permaban would be forthcoming. Short of that you must realize people who post in a provocative style or are highly opinionated are likely to get more notice. That's one reason you'll rarely see a thoughtful, evenhanded topic last long. They fall right to the bottom.

Londo_Jowo

Lifer
Jan 31, 2010
londojowo.hypermart.net

Please post links showing that Doppel has ever made up anything about your wife. Doppel has proved time and time again that you're lying about gas prices in Chicago.

IndyColtsFan

Lifer
Sep 22, 2007
You can if you want, although I'm not seeing anyone doing that behaviour in this thread.

What list?

The list in his signature of people who have called him out on his lies. Him calling people liars is really funny considering the proof people have posted about him lying about gas prices in that thread. I used to feel a tiny bit sorry for him, but not now.

Last edited:

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Please post links showing that Doppel has ever made up anything about your wife. Doppel has proved time and time again that you're lying about gas prices in Chicago.

Simply look at any of his post directly after mine both here and ATOT unless of course you are blind. Then why the hell are you posting to begin with?

Both you and lopped lie about the price of gas in Chicago especially since your asses aren't here.

Londo_Jowo

Lifer
Jan 31, 2010
londojowo.hypermart.net
The list in his signature of people who have called him out on his lies.

Come to find out he still looking at the posts of those he's supposedly ignoring....o_O

Originally Posted by Londo_Jowo
I wonder how many of these signatures are fraudulent and/or duplicates/multiple. There were reports of people signing as many as 8 petitions.
Why would you care being Texas?

Londo_Jowo

Lifer
Jan 31, 2010
londojowo.hypermart.net
Simply look at any of his post directly after mine both here and ATOT unless of course you are blind. Then why the hell are you posting to begin with?

Both you and lopped lie about the price of gas in Chicago especially since your asses aren't here.

Please post links and quotes to back up your claims or STFU!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.