Did you know that you can be sworn in on a book other than a bible? *Retarded silence*

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Racist! D:
"And the Lord saw the noodley endeavor put forth by Mario, and it was meh, nonetheless...Mario was forever blessed and embraced by the Lord FSM. Blessed are those who walk in the path of flour, sweat, blood, and tears, for their hard work shall be rewarded like Mario's"

Its all there in plain text, bow before your pasta maker.

Reactions: bshole and JSt0rm

Puffnstuff

Lifer
Mar 9, 2005
"And the Lord saw the noodley endeavor put forth by Mario, and it was meh, nonetheless...Mario was forever blessed and embraced by the Lord FSM. Blessed are those who walk in the path of flour, sweat, blood, and tears, for their hard work shall be rewarded like Mario's"

Its all there in plain text, bow before your pasta maker.
I'm reading from another book that says thou shalt worship the fruit loop your hardened circular God full of color and flavor. Thou shalt have no other cereals before me and the love of GMO is the root of all evil breads.:p

Will there be a crusade over this?:eek::D

Reactions: bshole

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Finally watched the video of the guy...... blink blink bliiiiiiiiiink bliiiink

Quite the response.

SMOGZINN

Lifer
Jun 17, 2005
Finally watched the video of the guy...... blink blink bliiiiiiiiiink bliiiink

Quite the response.

Yeah, he was completely flabbergasted by the very idea that someone could swear in on something other than the Christian bible.

whm1974

Diamond Member
Jul 24, 2016
Yeah, he was completely flabbergasted by the very idea that someone could swear in on something other than the Christian bible.
Does anyone from the Deep South ever read the US Constitution? It states clearly that no religious oath should be required for any public office or trust anywhere in the US. Then we have the 1st Amendment as well.

mikeymikec

Lifer
May 19, 2011
'What is an oath, then, but words we say to God?"

I don't understand the concept of taking an oath without some kind of witness, historically a divine one. The entire idea is that you will break it on peril of your soul, that you will be held accountable by an authority higher than man's.

Since God is supposed to witness everything we do, why on earth would one need to make an oath. You're going to be held accountable for your actions anyway.

bshole

Diamond Member
Mar 12, 2013

I was expecting him to yell out "fake news" or "fake Constitution", Dude was elected three times and still thought we lived in a Christian theocracy. Impressive.

Puffnstuff

Lifer
Mar 9, 2005
Since God is supposed to witness everything we do, why on earth would one need to make an oath. You're going to be held accountable for your actions anyway.
You have to ask yourself do they really believe that based upon their behavior?:eek:

Puffnstuff

Lifer
Mar 9, 2005
Judging from their behavior, I will have to say no.
Modern Christianity, which is really a euphemism for organized religion, has turned away from God just as Jesus said they would. They've been in this apostate state for decades and every day they become worse making it more difficult for actual bona fide Christians to reach people with God's actual message which is nothing like what you see being peddled by them.

These people and organizations make me curse and hop up and down to.o_O

Reactions: soulcougher73

bshole

Diamond Member
Mar 12, 2013
It means the same because it means nothing. How many people have lied under oath? And did God somehow punish them because they said so help me god?

How would we know? The punishment/reward doesn't happen in this world. God doesn't hold them accountable to their oath in this world but their fellow humans absolutely do.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Not if you are browsing life in incognito mode. Taking the oath force cancels incognito mode and god can track you again.

1prophet

Diamond Member
Aug 17, 2005
Modern Christianity, which is really a euphemism for organized religion, has turned away from God just as Jesus said they would. They've been in this apostate state for decades and every day they become worse making it more difficult for actual bona fide Christians to reach people with God's actual message which is nothing like what you see being peddled by them.

These people and organizations make me curse and hop up and down to.o_O

All part of the plan,

The plan to damn by sending them a strong delusion so that they may believe a lie, both the so called church and then the world.

But then again it's all fairy tale nonsense according to the liberal enlightened or it can only happen to those people, sinners, according to most conservative true believers because the self-righteous like themselves are forgiven and have their pass to heaven.

So do as you please as as it is right to you because in the end you will end up no different than the deer that gets split in half by trying to bump up against a tractor-trailer on the interstate, DEAD.

whm1974

Diamond Member
Jul 24, 2016
I'll really surprised that people in the US actually believe that the Bible is required to be sworn in to office, and that this country was founded on Christian Principles. I mean really, simply reading the US Constitution would inform them otherwise.