Democratic Primary Poll (Formerly Warren or Gabbard)

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Warren or Gabbard

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
That is the type of misunderstanding that helped the Dems lose. Understand that thinking your opposition is inherently bad will contribute this time as well. Don't know if it will lead to a loss, but, its a misstep for sure.
Don't care about winning or losing. I care about the truth and if Americans want lies then I am not going to try to stop them from eating shit.

Reactions: nickqt

realibrad

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
Don't care about winning or losing. I care about the truth and if Americans want lies then I am not going to try to stop them from eating shit.

BS you don't care about winning. A few min ago you said the goal was to win against Trump.

As for the party telling lies, comparing the Republicans to the Dems is comparing a glass of water to a lake, but, Dems push things that are at best untruths and eat them with a smile.

But, believing anyone that is not in your group are all immoral liars is not living in reality.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
BS you don't care about winning. A few min ago you said the goal was to win against Trump.

As for the party telling lies, comparing the Republicans to the Dems is comparing a glass of water to a lake, but, Dems push things that are at best untruths and eat them with a smile.

But, believing anyone that is not in your group are all immoral liars is not living in reality.
I said getting Trump out of the WH is important. I'm not going to lie in order to accomplish that though.

realibrad

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
I said getting Trump out of the WH is important. I'm not going to lie in order to accomplish that though.

You wont call it a lie.

You think women are paid less for equal work which is largely responsible for a belief in women making something like 0.70 for every 1.00 a man makes. That is at best an untruth.

Again, that is a glass of water, but, its wrong and your group believes it. I would bet that will be a campaign issue by the Dems. Will you reject it, or accept it?

Nov 8, 2012
You wont call it a lie.

You think women are paid less for equal work which is largely responsible for a belief in women making something like 0.70 for every 1.00 a man makes. That is at best an untruth.

Again, that is a glass of water, but, its wrong and your group believes it. I would bet that will be a campaign issue by the Dems. Will you reject it, or accept it?

Wait wait wait a minute. You mean women aren't paid $0.72c for every dollar that a man earns?

I call bullshit, I have my sweatshop full of women that I am paying chump change.

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
Factoid: A Representative hasn't won a Presidential election in over 80 years.

Factoid - in 2016 a person with zero legislative, let alone any civil service experience won a presidential election. We are officially in the post-facts and experience era.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
If they cared about policy and were not retarded they would be Democrats.

That sounds like giving up on undecided voters.

Why would we not want to argue policy. Why would we not want to argue FOR voting for Democrats? "Our policy is better, here is why". I recall you being rather down and fatalist in your outlook in life, but surely we have a better chance if we not only tear down Trump but also inspire others?

realibrad

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
Factoid - in 2016 a person with zero legislative, let alone any civil service experience won a presidential election. We are officially in the post-facts and experience era.

Its the conclusion of what people have been pushing for.

Obama in part won because he was considered more of an outsider than Hillary and then McCain. Hillary lost this time in large part because she was an insider. You cant have hope when someone is/has been part of the machine and nothing has changed.

Trump is just the inevitable extreme conclusion of that idea without a reality check.

When people are asked about congress, you see that its universally hated. So, picking someone from that group is likely to be ill received. People have little faith in the people that are part of government.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
You wont call it a lie.

Where did I say that?

You go ahead and rage when you see a Democrat say it. I'd love to be able to wave my magic wand and make sure no Democrat ever lies or spins. They don't need to do it, and it only hurts the cause. Not because the lies they get caught in are actually malicious or dangerous, but because it gives simpletons like you an easy statistic to point to and say "see both sides do it!"

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
That sounds like giving up on undecided voters.

Why would we not want to argue policy. Why would we not want to argue FOR voting for Democrats? "Our policy is better, here is why". I recall you being rather down and fatalist in your outlook in life, but surely we have a better chance if we not only tear down Trump but also inspire others?
I am not calling for anyone to stop all that. I just think it is a waste of energy except in rare cases. Anyone examining the evidence objectively would conclude that the only way to vote is for Democrats up and down the line, again except in very rare cases. Anyone who has not come to that conclusion either doesn't know how to objectively examine evidence or has no interest in being objective. There is no third option.

realibrad

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
Where did I say that?

I said you believe it, not that you said it. Are you trying to imply you do not believe it?

You go ahead and rage when you see a Democrat say it. I'd love to be able to wave my magic wand and make sure no Democrat ever lies or spins. They don't need to do it, and it only hurts the cause. Not because the lies they get caught in are actually malicious or dangerous, but because it gives simpletons like you an easy statistic to point to and say "see both sides do it!"

Your stance is the following.

If they cared about policy and were not retarded they would be Democrats.

Any conservative/libertarian/Republican that claims to care about policy can be immediately dismissed as a retard or a troll or both.

Taking an extreme position like that is stupid. Trying to frame this as a moral side vs an inherently immoral side is stupid. You trying to defend pointing that out as "both sides" is stupid. Saying that the only negative from the Dems lying is people will point to those lies is stupid. So far, your position seems stupid.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
I said you believe it, not that you said it. Are you trying to imply you do not believe it?
No, I've read that once you control for job description and/or type the gap narrows significantly.

Your stance is the following.

Taking an extreme position like that is stupid. Trying to frame this as a moral side vs an inherently immoral side is stupid. You trying to defend pointing that out as "both sides" is stupid. Saying that the only negative from the Dems lying is people will point to those lies is stupid. So far, your position seems stupid.
It seems stupid to you because Dunning-Kruger.

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
As bad as it is for this country to be this so far behind the rest of the world, I don't think any woman could beat Trump. Now if Mueller's report is damning enough to Trump that he's not running, then it's possible.

realibrad

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
No, I've read that once you control for job description and/or type the gap narrows significantly.

It seems stupid to you because Dunning-Kruger.

Be clear, do you believe what you read, or fo you think it's wrong. Last time it was brought up by me, you said this.

I'm guessing you are not examining all the data and evidence on any of those topics. Feel free to start a thread about one of them if you want to find out why you are wrong

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
I am not calling for anyone to stop all that. I just think it is a waste of energy except in rare cases. Anyone examining the evidence objectively would conclude that the only way to vote is for Democrats up and down the line, again except in very rare cases. Anyone who has not come to that conclusion either doesn't know how to objectively examine evidence or has no interest in being objective. There is no third option.

Third option. They haven't been exposed to the "evidence" in a way that can transcend the partisan barrier.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Be clear, do you believe what you read, or fo you think it's wrong. Last time it was brought up by me, you said this.
I can't be any clearer than I already have been. Maybe you are overthinking it as usual. It would be nice if you could learn to quote while preserving the link so I can view my comment in context, but I am clearly responding there to several claims at once without being specific about any one of them.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Third option. They haven't been exposed to the "evidence" in a way that can transcend the partisan barrier.
Yeah that's where I have a problem. I have no patience left for a partisan barrier as it is typically impenetrable.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003

That's always been my dream office for her, where I think her talents would truly shine. Watching that women go after corrupt bankers, frauds and liars is some great TV. Warren is a true anti-swamp candidate, it figures a swamp-to-cesspool developer like Trump would be afraid of her. He is still being a racist prick trying to troll her. Having her at the wheel during the mop up of this disaster would be epic.

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
He'd lock it up, especially if he chose a minority female as VP. Lock, stock and barrel.
Cheri Bustos is my pick. But She's being groomed by Durbin to take the Senate seat when he retires.

blankslate

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2008
So apparently if this guy is to be believed a lobbying group is going to work very hard to stop Gabbard (not a 100% domestic one either)

Wohl-Twitter-Anti-Tulsi.jpg

Wohl-Twitter-Anti-Tulsi-02.jpg

The Holocaust happened

Israel has a right to exist and her people deserve to be secure

However, politicians like Netanyahu are terrible, callous people who condone the killing of unarmed people.

_________

blankslate

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2008
Some of the more entertaining replies to Wohl's tweet

Wohl-Twitter-Anti-Tulsi-03.jpg

Wohl-Twitter-Anti-Tulsi-04.jpg

notice the one that facetiously asks about undermining a US citizen in favor of a foreign state has more likes than Wohl's tweet....

As it should be.

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
***A NEW CHALLENGER HAS ARRIVED***

Gillibrand officially threw in her announcement last night.
Younger than Warren.
Less black than Harris.

She just strikes me as a less frigid Hillary.

This is going to be a weird 16 months.

realibrad

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
***A NEW CHALLENGER HAS ARRIVED***

Gillibrand officially threw in her announcement last night.
Younger than Warren.
Less black than Harris.

She just strikes me as a less frigid Hillary.

This is going to be a weird 16 months.

Time to learn up on her. The only think I remember her from is the Al Franken thing where she called for him to step down.

Will have to see if she could be a valid pick, or, maybe better as a VP.