Democratic Primary Poll (Formerly Warren or Gabbard)

Page 17 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Warren or Gabbard

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Nov 8, 2012
I wanted to slap some DNC spokesperson(or at least speaking on behalf of the DNC) with a frozen trout a day or two after Bernie did his town hall on Fox News. This guy was upset that Bernie was on there and giving Fox news the time of day and a chance to spin his message.

I wanted to toss my shoe at the tv when he was saying that. Mother fucker....Trump won because 1 out of every 100 people in 3 different states checked the box for Trump instead of Clinton. If Bernie can reach that one person, if not 2 out of 100 and resonate with them...Trump doesn't win. The national democratic message *HAS* to have a plan besides "Joe Biden" to reach out to those voters. If Biden stumbles and can't win primaries in the big states, they will be in full on panic mode.

Bill Maher has done tons of segments where he basically says liberals are too pussy to do ANYTHING that is even remotely conservative (because god forbid you have a debate with someone - you can potentially make them look stupid if anything). That means they won't go on conservative talk radio - or even fox news. News flash - it's still the #1 watched news channel.

The worst that can happen is that a few viewers see your point of view - know your name, potentially gain some votes from opposing viewpoints. I guarantee that there are plenty of people that watch Fox news religiously - but they are also sick of Trump. Those are prime for grabbing.

Whereas people that lean right love to come on opposing viewpoint shows (CNN, MSN, Bill Maher, etc...).

One side is clearly scared shitless.

Reactions: Bitek

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
I wanted to slap some DNC spokesperson(or at least speaking on behalf of the DNC) with a frozen trout a day or two after Bernie did his town hall on Fox News. This guy was upset that Bernie was on there and giving Fox news the time of day and a chance to spin his message.

I wanted to toss my shoe at the tv when he was saying that. Mother fucker....Trump won because 1 out of every 100 people in 3 different states checked the box for Trump instead of Clinton. If Bernie can reach that one person, if not 2 out of 100 and resonate with them...Trump doesn't win. The national democratic message *HAS* to have a plan besides "Joe Biden" to reach out to those voters. If Biden stumbles and can't win primaries in the big states, they will be in full on panic mode.

Yep. Especially when he hit homeruns on the HC and other issues. Meanwhile I heard some douche saying it was a betrayal for Bernie to go on that network. WTF.

How do they think they will win voters by not talking to them? Yes Fox is a bullshit news org, but lots of people watch, and not all of them are in the tank for Trump.

Should they let Fox host a primary debate? Maybe not. But Ds have to find ways to talk to this audience, pierce the bubble, and they will definitely win some votes over if they have a good message.

Just talking to friendly networks or just to blue state voters about shit like reparations is a losing Hillary-like campaign move.

Last edited:
Reactions: vi edit

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
Bill Maher has done tons of segments where he basically says liberals are too pussy to do ANYTHING that is even remotely conservative (because god forbid you have a debate with someone - you can potentially make them look stupid if anything). That means they won't go on conservative talk radio - or even fox news. News flash - it's still the #1 watched news channel.

The worst that can happen is that a few viewers see your point of view - know your name, potentially gain some votes from opposing viewpoints. I guarantee that there are plenty of people that watch Fox news religiously - but they are also sick of Trump. Those are prime for grabbing.

Whereas people that lean right love to come on opposing viewpoint shows (CNN, MSN, Bill Maher, etc...).

One side is clearly scared shitless.

Mostly agree, altho I'd counterpoint with Trump only talking to Fox as one example.
Plenty of conservatives love their safe spaces too.

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
Mostly agree, altho I'd counterpoint with Trump only talking to Fox as one example.
Plenty of conservatives love their safe spaces too.
This, Trump has never appeared anywhere but Fox, he’s scared to answer any tough questions, preferring the softball love he gets from Fox .

Reactions: Bitek

alien42

Lifer
Nov 28, 2004
Senator Michael Bennet joined the crowd today.

i am familiar with him for taking on Ted Cruz over the last and longest ever govt shutdown...

he is still an unknown to most but he clearly has passion and he interviews well.

(this post isn't for the poll, that's pointless until we get down to some debates)

glenn1

Lifer
Sep 6, 2000
With the exception of Biden, everyone who's joined since after Corey Booker (around the 12th person to enter the race on just Feb 1) seems pointless. I guess they have to claim to be running for POTUS although a more honest ad would be like "my name is Michael Bennett and I'm running for Secretary of Agriculture in the administration of whoever does actually get elected. And to raise some campaign funds so I can give lucrative jobs to my kids until I drop out of the race before the Iowa primaries."

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
With the exception of Biden, everyone who's joined since after Corey Booker (around the 12th person to enter the race on just Feb 1) seems pointless. I guess they have to claim to be running for POTUS although a more honest ad would be like "my name is Michael Bennett and I'm running for Secretary of Agriculture in the administration of whoever does actually get elected. And to raise some campaign funds so I can give lucrative jobs to my kids until I drop out of the race before the Iowa primaries."
I hate to agree with you, even partially, but at least half of these candidates should get the fuck out.

Reactions: soundforbjt

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
Biden is not my preferred candidate to hold office but looking at the early (perhaps too early) sentiment he may be the one I wind up voting for in the general election. What I would love to see is Joe picking Warren or similar as VP as Biden may not live to finish his tenure. I'm not dead set on Warren as VP, not because I'm against her, but if the Dems take the Senate then she has more value there I think. Someone younger like Beto?

Feb 4, 2009
Biden is not my preferred candidate to hold office but looking at the early (perhaps too early) sentiment he may be the one I wind up voting for in the general election. What I would love to see is Joe picking Warren or similar as VP as Biden may not live to finish his tenure. I'm not dead set on Warren as VP, not because I'm against her, but if the Dems take the Senate then she has more value there I think. Someone younger like Beto?

Warner’s proper place is AG

*Ive voted for Warren

Reactions: dank69

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Warner’s proper place is AG

*Ive voted for Warren
I've loved this idea since someone mentioned it on page 1. She is what we need in that role if we ever want to see corporations held accountable for the shit they've been pulling for the last 4 decades.

Reactions: ch33zw1z

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
I've loved this idea since someone mentioned it on page 1. She is what we need in that role if we ever want to see corporations held accountable for the shit they've been pulling for the last 4 decades.

Well that's the opinion of some, not mine

Nov 8, 2012

aaaaaaaaand then she will learn what the legal process takes for this thing called "Innocent until proven guilty" and quickly quit because she will have to do this thing called "work" in order to prove guilt.

Crazy shit, I know - But yeah, she could never handle such a job - nor would she have the qualification. You understand the first word in the acronym AG is ATTORNEY. Right? Regardless of having a law degree, someone without much for court experience probably won't do much.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
aaaaaaaaand then she will learn what the legal process takes for this thing called "Innocent until proven guilty" and quickly quit because she will have to do this thing called "work" in order to prove guilt.

Crazy shit, I know - But yeah, she could never handle such a job - nor would she have the qualification. You understand the first word in the acronym AG is ATTORNEY. Right? Regardless of having a law degree, someone without much for court experience probably won't do much.

You clearly know nothing about warren. She’s worked on at least 60 cases.

Reactions: ch33zw1z and dawp
Nov 25, 2013
Warren's legal work (not hard to find):

Reactions: dawp

jmagg

Platinum Member
Nov 21, 2001
Warren will suffer the same fate as Sanders, do you really think the DNC will allow eather? /Opinion

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Warren will suffer the same fate as Sanders, do you really think the DNC will allow eather? /Opinion
I don't buy into your false reality that the DNC will prevent whatever candidate the people pick.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
DIng, dong, the witch is dead:

Hopefully he can dry his tears with wads of BigPharma cash.

EDIT: just realized this poll closed yesterday...should probably start a new one now that the candidates are quite a bit more finalized.

Feb 4, 2009
I don’t get the Booker hate, appears to be a decent guy. Yes some of his pharma votes are disturbing but come on he is a human, he is supposed to make tough decision.