Dell 2405FP LCD ~ 900 (edit) tomorrow @DELL HOME

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

masterxfob

Diamond Member
May 20, 2001
Originally posted by: Dhaval00
Not to ruin the party, but why aren't ppl willing to spend ~$850 on two 2005FPW's? :) I'd do that any given day...

why would you go dual 2005FP when you get more real estate from dual 2001FP?

Venomous

Golden Member
Oct 18, 1999
Originally posted by: masterxfob
Not to ruin the party, but why aren't ppl willing to spend ~$850 on two 2005FPW's? :) I'd do that any given day...

After using a 2005FPW i wont go back to the 2001.. For one, the 2005 is much brighter.. You can really see the difference between the panels over the one year.

Ive got 2 2001's and 1 FPW2005.. Im getting a second 2005 next... Eventually, ill have a 2400 in my mits.. I think a 24 with 2 2005's will be a nice desktop. Im no longer impressed with the 2001's and im going to dump them on ebay.

Ns1

No Lifer
Jun 17, 2001
Originally posted by: Venomous
Originally posted by: masterxfob

After using a 2005FPW i wont go back to the 2001.. For one, the 2005 is much brighter.. You can really see the difference between the panels over the one year.

Ive got 2 2001's and 1 FPW2005.. Im getting a second 2005 next... Eventually, ill have a 2400 in my mits.. I think a 24 with 2 2005's will be a nice desktop. Im no longer impressed with the 2001's and im going to dump them on ebay.

you are way too baller

Mar 16, 2005
Originally posted by: Tu13erhead
Originally posted by: rexian
Just do a dell order chat and cancel it. I just did mine. Double confirmed cancellation and got chat transcript emailed with cancellation confirmation number too. Some lone guy handles all the dell chat..calls himself Reuben (hope not that american idle! guy). Decent fella tho..cancelled immediately. Worth a try... here's a link to DELL Order Support.

Good Luck...let the click battle begin tomorrow..what a spell can an end of a quarter cast on a public company!!

:)

Rex

Wait, what did you cancel? The new order, or the old one?

Dang!! The $959 one....eagerly waiting to jump in for new one today!!

Tu13erhead

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2005
Is this dead? I tried it about half hour ago and it said the coupon had been redeemed. Or is it not started yet?

Mar 16, 2005
Finger on Trigger...Got DELL Preffered qualified...2% 6 months no payment....hehe.

5 more minutes and counting..

Hope this works out fine!!

LiQiCE

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
The 25% off code seems to work but the $60 off $500 code doesn't work for the 2405FPW as suspected since the total price is over $1000. Good luck to those of you who try to call in to get the discount!

Mar 16, 2005
goddarned!! $899.25 ...did not get 2% off...did not realize i had to enter the friggin' coupon number even when i am paying by dpa. no wonder dell is becoming KMart..in India.

Their order processing could be streamlined in a much better way. Pretty sure they pay a lot of overhead because of their stupid coupon deals.

:)

rex

jimmygates

Platinum Member
Sep 4, 2000
I had the 25% coupon about 3 weeks ago and ordered the 2405 at $899.25.

For all that are on the edge about this, get the monitor. I was having buy remorse until I actually received the monitor. Beautiful, just beautiful.

-Jimbo

Tu13erhead

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2005
Hmm...when I ordered Sunday I paid with DPA but wasn't aware of the 2% or whatever discount. Maybe they'll refund it.

Mar 16, 2005
Finally $881.26.... :p Thanks to DELL India support desk...relentlessly cancelled all my previous orders. I am hoping to see 30% off or more briefly before end of DELL quarter. What's DELL's fiscal month...anyone knows?

In any case....I heard sooooooooo many good things about this monitor..I can hardly wait to see it in action!!

Good Luck fellow buyers...

Steve

Lifer
May 2, 2004
www.chicagopipeband.com
Got through to Customer Care and "Freddy" assured me that my total would be $855. He also sent me an email with a case number which he gave me over the phone. I guess this will do for now. Expected ship date is June 24th.

Something's not right with my initial salesperson. Her email address shows up twice in the same email (order confirmation), once as Sara_lastname and once as Sarah_lastname. Also her extension is five digits, but when you call the number right above it you can only enter seven digit extensions. I spoke to their switchboard operator and she could not find this person's name at all, but tried transferring me to a Tara :p

Mar 16, 2005
Here is what I believe is going on with DELL. DELL has outsourced most/all of their transaction support to India. But, for security measures have divided transaction detail into non-payment related detail and payment detail. The support in India where most of the DELL calls go to do not have access to payment data. So, only thing they can do is cancel the order. 5 digit extensions are old DELL extensions and India does not have any info abt that.

Because of this decentralized order processing, sometimes its a pain to deal with DELL. I wonder what amount of overhead they actually incur because of this kind of outsourcing. But, the good thing is in India these folks are just ready to cancel the order as soon as you tell them to change or to do something to your order. So, I cancelled my order four times in 2 days and then finally got 2405fp for $881.26.

I guess the way DELL is covering up cost for this kind of dealings is by issuing a huge number of coupons and all of them do not apply to your order directly even when they are active. So, if you are lazy or don't care about 10-15 bucks, DELL gets them.

I am 99% positive that DELL will reduce price further before the end of their semi-yearly quarter. That means another order cancellation from my side. :( :)

My 2 cents...

Rex