Dell 2405FP LCD ~ 900 (edit) tomorrow @DELL HOME

VRP

Member
Jun 3, 2005
119
0
0
The coupoon 25% off (+ $60 off not stacking) will be annouced tomorrow.

Also there are 13 other coupons tomorrow for notebooks , desktops, monitors & cameras.

Edit: The $60 off doesn't stack making it $900
 

Tu13erhead

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2005
3,238
0
76
Hmm...I ordered mine on Sunday for $959, still haven't received it. I wonder if they'll credit me the difference...probably not.

EDIT: Has anyone ever been able to get the difference in price drops?
 
Mar 11, 2004
23,074
5,557
146
Damnit, I want to buy. I sold my last one and I really can't afford another one, but its such a damn fine monitor that I want to.
 

MikeMike

Lifer
Feb 6, 2000
45,885
66
91
damnit, thats a weeks worth of pay. but my 17" samsung 700NF CRT is getting old. and a 24" monitor would rock my fvcking world.
 

RaiderJ

Diamond Member
Apr 29, 2001
7,582
1
76
Is the $60 off coupon valid for purchases >$1,000? Also use DPA and FatWallet to save an extra 5% overall!
 

bradolson

Golden Member
Oct 11, 1999
1,411
0
76
www.gottadeal.com
Originally posted by: RaiderJ
Is the $60 off coupon valid for purchases >$1,000? Also use DPA and FatWallet to save an extra 5% overall!

Correct, the new E&A coupons are not valid on purchases over $1,000. Probably just for this reason alone.
 

Liver

Senior member
Aug 8, 2004
575
0
0
best thing to do is when they deliver the monitor is not to accept it (key is do not accept, no shipping charges BACK to dell), order the other monitor at a lower price. I have found nothing but hassles trying to get them to price match. Easier to refuse one and order another, especially with Dell home and free shipping.

Liver
 
Mar 16, 2005
44
0
0
After watching this baby for more than a month and then pulling the trigger at $959.00 makes me wonder how I actually can bag this one at tomorrow's price.

Please validate my plan:

1. Order another one using Fatwallet & DPA to stack another 5% over 25%.
2. Cancel pending order... :( DON'T Know HOW to do that.
or...
3. As the other user suggested, don't accept the $959 monitor and send the UPS guy back.

NOW, questions...how and when DELL will refund my payment to my credit card? Do I need to stop payment on credit card as soon as I order the new one? DELL has not charged my credit card yet...as I write.

Gotta have a plan.... :)

- Rex
 

richardycc

Diamond Member
Apr 29, 2001
5,719
1
81
they are all out of stock right? so even if you got in tomorrow, u will still have to wait for it.
 
Mar 16, 2005
44
0
0
Chatted with Mr. Reuben on Dell Chat and got my $959 order cancelled. I am now ready to jump onto this deal tomorrow.

I am new to fatwallet..how do you use it?

Thanks..

Rex
 

Tu13erhead

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2005
3,238
0
76
Originally posted by: rexian
After watching this baby for more than a month and then pulling the trigger at $959.00 makes me wonder how I actually can bag this one at tomorrow's price.

Please validate my plan:

1. Order another one using Fatwallet & DPA to stack another 5% over 25%.
2. Cancel pending order... :( DON'T Know HOW to do that.
or...
3. As the other user suggested, don't accept the $959 monitor and send the UPS guy back.

NOW, questions...how and when DELL will refund my payment to my credit card? Do I need to stop payment on credit card as soon as I order the new one? DELL has not charged my credit card yet...as I write.

Gotta have a plan.... :)

- Rex

I'm pretty much in the same boat. However, I don't have the room on my DPA for another $800+ charge, and don't have the cash on me to buy one straight up. Guess I'll call and haggle in the morning, threaten to return it. Who knows.

EDIT: How do you save the 2% or whatever with DPA? I used my DPA account but didn't see any discount...
 
Mar 16, 2005
44
0
0
Just do a dell order chat and cancel it. I just did mine. Double confirmed cancellation and got chat transcript emailed with cancellation confirmation number too. Some lone guy handles all the dell chat..calls himself Reuben (hope not that american idle! guy). Decent fella tho..cancelled immediately. Worth a try... here's a link to DELL Order Support.

Good Luck...let the click battle begin tomorrow..what a spell can an end of a quarter cast on a public company!!

:)

Rex
 

Ns1

No Lifer
Jun 17, 2001
55,413
1,570
126
Originally posted by: Dhaval00
Not to ruin the party, but why aren't ppl willing to spend ~$850 on two 2005FPW's? :) I'd do that any given day...

cuz then you'd be watching a movie on 1 20" screen instead of 1 24" screen haha
 

Tu13erhead

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2005
3,238
0
76
Originally posted by: rexian
Just do a dell order chat and cancel it. I just did mine. Double confirmed cancellation and got chat transcript emailed with cancellation confirmation number too. Some lone guy handles all the dell chat..calls himself Reuben (hope not that american idle! guy). Decent fella tho..cancelled immediately. Worth a try... here's a link to DELL Order Support.

Good Luck...let the click battle begin tomorrow..what a spell can an end of a quarter cast on a public company!!

:)

Rex


Wait, what did you cancel? The new order, or the old one?
 

imported_sonny

Junior Member
Jun 16, 2005
1
0
0
Does someone know how to cancel a 4700 system ordered thru Dell business? I ordered mine last saturday but decided to wait for 8400 deal at the end of this month after reading in this forum. The expected delivery is 6/20. If I refuse to accept the order at the delivery, what fee do I pay? thanks.