Deal with China?

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Whats your take on this?

How long will it last? 12 hours? Is it legit? Tradewar with China over?

No deal has been written, much less signed, so the chances that it’s some sort of lie are fairly high.

If it is real, I suspect it will be a a few minor concessions by China to allow Trump to surrender with dignity. Any major agreements will come with sunset clauses in case Trump tries to go back on his word. None of this will stop Trump from lying about it and saying it’s the best thing ever.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Dear farmers- Uncle Donnie is here to pump a little sunshine up your ol' skirts. It's the bigly-est. Just say Woof-

Ajay

Lifer
Jan 8, 2001
Basically Trump is panicking and trying to find a way not to raise tariffs like he promised to do so China threw him a bone and he desperately grabbed on to it.

What’s sad is that literally everyone saw this coming.
How dare you mock our great leader! Doubting his prodigious negotiating skills!

Ugh, I think I'm going to vomit after actually writing that o_O

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
If this is accurate it’s even worse than I thought:

Basically Trump is panicking and trying to find a way not to raise tariffs like he promised to do so China threw him a bone and he desperately grabbed on to it.

What’s sad is that literally everyone saw this coming.
ea4b4744-6bb8-4407-9f87-105f23538b8d_text_hi.gif

Words for people who like words.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
If he holds true to form, I assme he's going to privately concede to China, declare victory and screw our farmers over.

That's what happened. This is effectively a ceasefire and probably a temporary one at that, none of the reasons Trump started the trade war are addressed and won't be. China may step up ag purchases a bit but they'll never return close to the old levels since they are developing supply elsewhere so as not to be vulnerable to one nation that gets mercurial on them. Much of the Chinese export market is gone for good.

Just the totals they're talking about gives it away. China is going to increase ag buys over 100%? They don't need it and we don't have it to sell to them. Total us ag exports were 137B in 2017 with China taking 19B. Yet somehow we're going to sell them $40-50B worth soon. It just defies all reason and lends suspicion that the entire "deal" is just another Trump castle made of bullshit which will soon collapse like the others.

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
Well, did they at least agree to look into the Bidens? Maybe that allows Trump to save face with his base of morons.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003

Yep, he's good

"Sir, they are all saying Schiff will END your presidency! YOU MUST DISCREDIT HIM! When I secretly injected my daughter Celia with flu vaccine, she went to the authorities. I discredited her by informing police that CELIA IS 53 AND REMAINS UNWED. CASE CLOSED!

"BEAUTIFUL! Mr President IT WAS NOT A SELLOUT but I’m happy that you were finally able to get 50% occupancy at an event with the help of INDIA! The people of India are beautiful and ONE DAY I WILL HAVE AN INDIAN BRIDE! "

"Mr President, thank you for thinking outside the box regarding hurricane management. Your idea about nuking hurricanes has merit, but I have an idea that involves less radiation: Giant Fans that blow CLOCKWISE. But not too strong or we’ll create a REVERSE HURRICANE! "

Last edited:
Reactions: BoomerD

zzyzxroad

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2017
Yep, he's good

"Sir, they are all saying Schiff will END your presidency! YOU MUST DISCREDIT HIM! When I secretly injected my daughter Celia with flu vaccine, she went to the authorities. I discredited her by informing police that CELIA IS 53 AND REMAINS UNWED. CASE CLOSED!

"BEAUTIFUL! Mr President IT WAS NOT A SELLOUT but I’m happy that you were finally able to get 50% occupancy at an event with the help of INDIA! The people of India are beautiful and ONE DAY I WILL HAVE AN INDIAN BRIDE! "

"Mr President, thank you for thinking outside the box regarding hurricane management. Your idea about nuking hurricanes has merit, but I have an idea that involves less radiation: Giant Fans that blow CLOCKWISE. But not too strong or we’ll create a REVERSE HURRICANE! "

He has built a whole family of imaginary characters to back up his trolling. That is top notch. Nothing like the flotsam and jetsam we have here. Reminds me of the emails from an asshole guy.

REVERSE HURRICANE!

Jul 9, 2009

"U.S. farmers cheered the Trump administration’s announcement of a potentially dramatic increase in U.S. agricultural sales to China on Friday but warned they needed to see a follow-through of actual purchases. "

"Iowa politicians, farmers and business leaders were cautiously optimistic about a Chinese trade agreement that President Donald Trump announced "in principle" Friday.

But some said they wanted more specifics from the White House, citing other times over the past year when expected relief from trade tensions failed to materialize."

"For months, President Trump has increased pressure on Beijing with higher tariffs on Chinese goods, insisting on a comprehensive trade deal that addressed a long list of concerns about how China manages its economy. And for months, senior Chinese officials met Mr. Trump’s escalating tariffs with their own as they remained equally emphatic that any deal must completely erase Mr. Trump’s tariffs.

On Friday, both sides decided that half a deal was better than none, consenting to a preliminary agreement that would involve China buying more American farm products and taking several other limited steps to open its economy in exchange for the United States foregoing its planned tariff increase next week.

Most people are cautiously optimistic about the deal. Poor sufferers of Trump Derangement Syndrome are of course pretty unhappy with the planned deal. We'll see in the coming weeks how it plays out.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
Most people are cautiously optimistic about the deal. Poor sufferers of Trump Derangement Syndrome are of course pretty unhappy with the planned deal. We'll see in the coming weeks how it plays out.

People who learn from history have come to expect trivialities, lies, and empty boasting from our Bigly President.

That simply makes us observant.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
People who learn from history have come to expect trivialities, lies, and empty boasting from our Bigly President.

That simply makes us observant.

What it's almost like a failure to deliver on his promises has created intense skepticism whenever he announces something on trade. Or that he's lied to prop up the equities markets out of fear for his re-elect.

Ajay

Lifer
Jan 8, 2001
Very fine morons?
The reply was tongue in cheek of course. I have to believe that at least a small fraction his base will see wake up and realize that Trumps promises were almost entirely empty. That they’ve gotten nothing in return. I mean, they can’t be all be that dumb, it goes against the law of averages.

Ajay

Lifer
Jan 8, 2001
What it's almost like a failure to deliver on his promises has created intense skepticism whenever he announces something on trade. Or that he's lied to prop up the equities markets out of fear for his re-elect.
The market has been buoyed, in large part, by the trillion $$ stock buy back in the wake of the corporate tax cuts. America first, well, at least the wealthy first - that’s got to be a win for Trump’s base, right?