Deadbeat wifes son is moving out in Spring...actually forced out

Page 16 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
"What's the stepson doing right now?"

Magic 8 Ball sez:

SouthParkWoWLoser.jpg

SP33Demon

Lifer
Jun 22, 2001
OP is an epic fail of a douchebag for not helping the kid of a woman he chose to marry. You fail at life, maybe if you grew some balls and actually enacted some discipline in your household then the kid may actually win at life. Instead, you cut him down with your feminine passive aggressive attitude and set him up to fail. When the kid fails you will never realize that you helped contribute to it. Some people are sorry sacks of sht who only care about themselves and never realize they could actually make a difference in someone's sorry existence. Both stepson and "father" are fail yet one has the power to teach the other to win. Sad.

Last edited:

Tristicus

Diamond Member
Feb 2, 2008
www.wallpapereuphoria.com
OP is an epic fail of a douchebag for not helping the kid of a woman he chose to marry. You fail at life, maybe if you grew some balls and actually enacted some discipline in your household then the kid may actually win at life. Instead, you cut him down with your feminine passive aggressive attitude and set him up to fail. When the kid fails you will never realize that you helped contribute to it. Some people are sorry sacks of sht who only care about themselves and never realize they could actually make a difference in someone's sorry existence. Both stepson and "father" are fail yet one has the power to teach the other to win. Sad.

Herro, I don't know how to read.

BoberFett

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999

Did your period just start?

RaistlinZ

Diamond Member
Oct 15, 2001

What you call "helping" I can enabling. They weren't helping the "kid" by letting him veg out in the basement playing WOW all day. How long was the stepdad supposed to let that go on, until the guy is 30..35...40? When is enough enough? Until that guy gets serious about his life and gets out of that basement nothing is going to change for him.

He obviously has little ambition and will mooch for as long as the family will let him. Forcing him out will be the best thing for him - not in the short term, but definately in the long term.

The only one "setting him up to fail" is the kid himself. HE chose to do nothing with is life. HE chose to play WOW all day instead of making something of himself. HE chose take advantage of his mom and stepdad who were giving him a free ride as long as they could.

I'm tired of people like you always trying to point the finger of blame at someone else. :rolleyes: What ever happened to personal responsibility? Why is it always "someone else's fault for my situation"? Get a clue, man.

Apr 12, 2010
If anything, op should have been a fatherly figure, since it doesn't sound like he has one, from what I skimmed through. And pointed the kid in the right direction to gain steady employment to live on his own.

disappoint

Lifer
Dec 7, 2009
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0XdzSMzwgw&feature=related

cover: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EY4Dmd-KYM&feature=related

DOA by Van Halen

We was broke and hungry on a summer day
They sent the sheriff down to try an' drive us away
We were sittin' ducks for the police man
They found a dirty-faced kid in a garbage can, uh ha
Ooh! And I'm alone, I'm on the highway
Wanted, dead or alive
Dead or alive

Broken down and dirty, dressed in rags
A-from the day my mama told me "Boy, you pack your bags."
A-send the mayor down in his pickup truck
The jury look at me, say "Outta luck." Oo-ooh, yeah!

And I'm alone, I'm on the highway
Wanted, dead or alive
Dead or alive, uh-aah!

(Guitar Solo)

Alright! Uh!

Now, I'm broken down and dirty, dressed in rags
A-from the day my mama told me "Boy, you pack your bags."
An' we were sittin' ducks for the police man
They found a dirty-faced kid in a garbage can
Di-yeah, yeah!

Babe, I'm alone and, I'm on the highway
Wanted, dead or alive
Dead or alive, ow-ow!

(Guitar Solo)

Wow! I'm gone! Ooh yeah! Oh!
Ow-ow!

Baby, let me run
Oh-oh, oh-oh!
I'm a spark on the horizon

Last edited:

SP33Demon

Lifer
Jun 22, 2001
What you call "helping" I can enabling. They weren't helping the "kid" by letting him veg out in the basement playing WOW all day. How long was the stepdad supposed to let that go on, until the guy is 30..35...40? When is enough enough? Until that guy gets serious about his life and gets out of that basement nothing is going to change for him.

He obviously has little ambition and will mooch for as long as the family will let him. Forcing him out will be the best thing for him - not in the short term, but definately in the long term.

The only one "setting him up to fail" is the kid himself. HE chose to do nothing with is life. HE chose to play WOW all day instead of making something of himself. HE chose take advantage of his mom and stepdad who were giving him a free ride as long as they could.

I'm tired of people like you always trying to point the finger of blame at someone else. :rolleyes: What ever happened to personal responsibility? Why is it always "someone else's fault for my situation"? Get a clue, man.

Maybe you missed the part where I said the stepdad has no balls for not disciplining the kid. It has nothing to do with blaming someone and everything to do with showing (and forcing) the kid to act like a man. You don't allow someone to act like that in your household so yes, it's the OP's fault for being a passive aggressive dipsht and actually rooting for the child to fail in a blog. Time that could have been spent setting a positive example.

Last, I'm sick of "people like you" who just dismiss anyone who doesn't have their sht 100% together and get on your soapbox about "personal responsibility". How did you become that way? You learned it from a father figure most likely. Not everyone gets it right away and without a solid father figure they will not mature mentally. The stepdad should be filling this role in the child's life since he chose to marry the kid's mom and the kid's dad is dead. The stepdad is actually the one "enabling" the kid to fail by not enacting discipline and showing him how to be a man.

Last edited:

Papagayo

Platinum Member
Jul 28, 2003
Maybe you missed the part where I said the stepdad has no balls for not disciplining the kid. It has nothing to do with blaming someone and everything to do with showing (and forcing) the kid to act like a man. You don't allow someone to act like that in your household so yes, it's the OP's fault for being a passive aggressive dipsht and actually rooting for the child to fail in a blog. Time that could have been spent setting a positive example.

Last, I'm sick of "people like you" who just dismiss anyone who doesn't have their sht 100% together and get on your soapbox about "personal responsibility". How did you become that way? You learned it from a father figure most likely. Not everyone gets it right away and without a solid father figure they will not mature mentally. The stepdad should be filling this role in the child's life since he chose to marry the kid's mom and the kid's dad is dead. The stepdad is actually the one "enabling" the kid to fail by not enacting discipline and showing him how to be a man.

Easier said than done..
Don't blame the Step-dad.. I believe the blame should go to the Mom. I think it's hard discipline a step-child, because of the spouse protecting them most of the time.

Apr 12, 2010
It sounds like theres lack of parenting from both here. Sure it sounds like there is a lack of discipline, but also lacking any guidance to help him get on his feet n gtfo.

Chrono

Diamond Member
Jan 2, 2001

You serious? The kid is 24 years old... good lord. I know a few that have grown up fatherless yet they have their shit together. I think the guy needs to go to a kids club or something and find a big brother... I don't know if they got any assistance for people older than 17 though.