Deadbeat wifes son is moving out in Spring...actually forced out

mrrman

Diamond Member
Feb 8, 2004
Ive posted a blurb about this loser months ago and will give a summation. Loser 24 y/o son from my wifes 1st partner is too lazy to work and get his life in order, prefers to spend 16 hours/day playing his stupid game. Loser dude said that he had a full time job starting in Oct, that never happened. Back to the same scene, maybe 2 days week work, sleeps in till 3 pm, doesnt do jack. Fast forward to last week, my wife and I own a large house, we dont want to work forever so we talk about putting a basement suite in to get extra revenue( about $12k per year tax free) We( Ive) said this will happen in spring. I am actively looking at new appliances, getting quotes to have the kitchen installed. All we have to do is put in a kitchen and install a wall/door near the stairwell. My wife is talking to her son now and says he has to move out early next year. God this makes my day, I am so happy the deadbeat loser will be on his own. Now he can see what life is really like. I am going to celebrate when he moves his last piece of shit out of the house. Well he really doesnt have anything to his name except his mac. Bye Bye loser.

NEW UPDATE( for the people that dont want to move through pages of text)

I am now in the final weeks ( 6) of having my wifes sons move out. I am so freakin happy. Ive bought all the appliances for my suite, the building has started and he has been told that his last day here is March 20th. Still the guy sits around doing Jack, sleeps all day except when the jackhammer, nail banging is going on lol I love it. He has sat on his ass for the last 1 1/2 years while being in this house. He doesnt get it still. Ive sold all the furniture downstairs and the gym has been moved to the garage. Tomorrow at 8am the new blinds are going in and that may wake his beauty sleep...too freakin bad. His mom has finally told him that he has to leave which may have not been easy but he has been enabled to long. Even the brother in law told him to join the army, be a man, get a life. He prefers to sit on his ass...tick tock, tick tock...my words are smiling here as I type.

He is the newest situation....my wife's daughter is 17 and she had about $5k to buy her 1st car. I went on Craigslist to help find a decent car for about $2k-$3K. I printed a bunch of ads out and gave them to her...decent cars that were 1998 or so...good reliable starter cars. But NOOOOO....he has to step in and "help" So he finds this 78 BMW about 2 hours away...goes and looks at it in the pitch black....comes back next day and I mentioned prior that he should have an inspection done on any car that may be worth while. It costs $100 or so. He comes back home says he put a deposit on the car, non refundable. He actually bought this POS in the dark and paid the guy $2800. My wife had to go out and drive them since she( the daughter) is a minor and cant drive the car yet. Here where it gets interesting...the car was picked up and brought home...the guy who sold it tried to put in an alarm and stereo, messed the electrical up big time. They were driving home and the blinkers didnt work, the high beams dont work. The car is parked and next day we look at the car. Theres a massive slash on the drivers seat, wire is hanging out everywhere. We had a freeze in Dec and the doors wouldnt close or open. The only way on getting into the car is through the passengers door...maybe.

We couldnt even open the doors one day and they were frozen solid. We took the car out to get her up and the heater/defrost is non functional, you have to use a cloth to wipe the window. You figure that this would have all been looked at prior to buying this POS....but NO. Later it was determined that the brakes are gone, the car pulls to the right and all the tires are shot. The wire is sticking out the the tires on the inside of the wheels. All the tires are shot. This car is not safe and I told my wife that I would never buy a car like that nor would I drive in it. Its not safe. The guy who sold it is laughing all the way to the bank. The car is still the way it was initially except for tires( that costed the daughter $250...used set) Today they couldnt turn the 4 ways off and the blinkers were going nuts...had to disconnect the battery. All this could have been avoided for a measley $100 as the inspector would have said " DONT BUY IT" I feel sorry for the daugher as she is stuck with this piece of shit paying all these unnecessary bills for an idiot call that her brother made. What a loser...how would you like him on your side....like i said tick tock tick tock...6 weeks, 42 days...whichever way you look at it...he is outta here soon. Thank god

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update Feb 11th

Well we had a minor blowout the other night. Construction is happening, lots of noise in the house. Since he doesnt work and just sleeps all day he was complaining that he cant sleep because of the noise. I told him that this was mentioned back in Nov and we have a schedule to meet. The dude near broke down crying. I said we have plans and they are set for April. He storms out of the room and leaves the house. He comes back at 5 am and I am in the kitchen making my lunch for work. He says...what are you doing up. I said...I work for a living and left....

So at night he tells us that he is moving to another province...I think great...he said that he has a labour's job hauling materials for a construction site. He met a guy on WOW and he's going to move in with him...I see a train wreck coming...I dont care what he does as long as he is gone. Time is a ticking now....

UPDATE FEB 16th

I went away for the weekend and Mr WOW (dont want to use his real name) had to work for a few days..well that covers this month of employment...he started to box his stuff up and as I mentioned we are framing his room and putting a closet in. He starts to accumulate boxes and his stuff is getting packed. Anyways hes at work and crap happens with the Management and employees...really stupid stuff.

Mr WOW decides to give his notice that soon he will be leaving to pursue work...YES work...he puts in his 2 week notice and the MGR told him to leave now. So hes out of a part time job now. Fast forward to Monday, he tells us this and he mentions that he is leaving at the end of the month....PRAISE THE LORD...I will have to wait and see. I pointed out that he has to reserve a moving truck and tow bar in advance since its a one way rental that he needs. His move out date of March 20th may be happening sooner than I wished for...in a good way. So now all that is left is to get his stuff in order...cram as much WOW in as he can because soon there will be calasses on those hands...

March 4, 2010 UPDATE

A Minor/Major update as I am having a party inside of me right now...
he is packing up his crap and is suppose to be leaving next Wednesday. He has rented a truck and away he goes to the lands beyond. I finally have my wish come true. Now reality will set in quickly since he doesnt have his mommy doing everything for him. She was upset that he was moving about 10 hours away but fianally realized that he has to grow up and get on with his life. The days of babysitting are coming to a quick end. For all you nay sayers and haters for me...eat shit...maybe you are immature to.\

PS I forgot to mention that my basement suite is looking awesome...completion in 2 weeks

last entry from me in this thread March 11th

The stepson( Ill give him a name...loosely called) actually moved out yersterday. He apparently had a job lined up but that fell through.So he was heading out anyways as he had a place to stay at until he got his shit together. Well...the other day his friend call him and tells him that he cant stay there. Last night we had a big talk, his mother, me and the stepson. We tried to talk him out of going there, cut his losses and look for a job locally. He decided he was going anyways. He's got 6 days until he has to return the truck rental in, no job to go to and no friend to stay with. Literally in 6 days he is homeless. We did what we could to tell him not to go, gave him a couple of options and he passed on them. I actually feel sorry for the guy. Dont get me wrong, he has to grow up and get his shit together, but he is going about it in the wrong way.

Last edited:

RKS

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
sounds to me like you are about to build him his own furnished suite. he will pay for the first few months then leach.

Chunkee

Lifer
Jul 28, 2002
uuhh...good luck with that, post back next June when he is still living there...problem is not with the loser son, but your wife...sorry...you both have enabled him way too long.

Braznor

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2005
Ha ha ha,

I cannot wait for the OP's thread complaining about the loser still leeching on him!

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
So...from reading your text...your wife is a deadbeat and her son lives with you?

Deadbeat wifes son is moving out in Spring...actually forced out

Then, you tell us that she's a 24 yo loser with a son?

Loser 24 y/o wifes son is too lazy to work Loser 24 y/o wifes son is too lazy to work

OK,[/ grammar nazi]

It sounds like you're building an "illegal suite" in your basement, (apartment?) that the loser 24 yo son of your wife is going to live in and (supposedly) pay rent?

If that's the case, you're going to continue supporting him...just in your basement, not in your "house."

yh125d

Diamond Member
Dec 23, 2006
Ive posted a blurb about this loser months ago and will give a summation. Loser 24 y/o wifes son is too lazy to work and get his life in order, prefers to spend 16 hours/day playing his stupid game. Loser dude said that he had a full time job starting in Oct, that never happened. Back to the same scene, maybe 2 days week work, sleeps in till 3 pm, doesnt do jack. Fast forward to last week, my wife and I own a large house, we dont want to work forever so we talk about putting a basement suite in to get extra revenue( about $12k per year tax free) We( Ive) said this will happen in spring. I am actively looking at new appliances, getting quotes to have the kitchen installed. All we have to do is put in a kitchen and install a wall/door near the stairwell. My wife is talking to her son now and says he has to move out early next year. God this makes my day, I am so happy the deadbeat loser will be on his own. Now he can see what life is really like. I am going to celebrate when he moves his last piece of shit out of the house. Well he really doesnt have anything to his name except his mac. Bye Bye loser.

Macs cant play games silly

Juddog

Diamond Member
Dec 11, 2006
Occasionally some companies take pity on the mac users and include them. World of Warcraft can be played on a mac.

WoW actually ran better on my wife's iMac than it did on my system with an 8800 GT for a long time until they optimized their mutliple core coding. :(

Juddog

Diamond Member
Dec 11, 2006
Regarding the OP, sometimes you have to push the bird from the nest to get it to fly.

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
Agree that he's now going to get his sweet living in his parents basement dream and he'll still be leeching. Until you start dumping his stuff on the lawn and changing the locks he's going to stay because to him it's his perfect life - no work, living in swank parents basement, playing games.

Basically there is zero motivation for him to move out or get a job or negative consequences if he doesn't. Provide that motivation with dire consequences if he doesn't get a job and get out. You could even get the police involved to kick him out and then change the locks.

Last edited:

skace

Lifer
Jan 23, 2001
That's a pretty depressing view of your wife's son. You aren't much of a role model I'm guessing.

yh125d

Diamond Member
Dec 23, 2006
Occasionally some companies take pity on the mac users and include them. World of Warcraft can be played on a mac.

Well that makes sense, WoW isn't a game. It's a LIFESTYLE

Introducing for the next gen Mac Pro, it's iWoW!