Daycare - A this pisses me off thread by Sho'Nuff, the pasty white shogun of NH

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Oct 20, 2005
OP are you the sort of person that goes around looking for walls just so you can bang your head into them?

Do you seriously think someone went to all the trouble of making up a rule about children eating food brought in from outside if there wasn't a potential for them to get sued if they didn't?

I am sure we all agree the rule is stupid but why do this?

You are just pissing off the poor teacher who is trying to do her job and making yourself look like an ass at the same time. If you have an issue go speak to the person who made up the rule instead of wasting peoples time (yours and the teachers)

Seriously. Kudos to the teacher for being able to respond in calm, civil manner to someone as lunatic as the OP. It's like, "ok we get it, you and your wife make the decisions for your daughter. Want a cookie?" :rolleyes:

LOL, the more I read that conversation between OP and the teacher, the more I'm just laughing at it. I mean, the point he was trying to make is valid, I'll give him that, but his execution on it was just retarded. Way to state obvious facts to make it sound like you are oh so ticked off. And rofl at you trying to sound badass by using the word asinine.

dainthomas

Lifer
Dec 7, 2004
I can't stand people whose kids are picky eaters, so they let them eat nothing but chicken nuggets, mac and cheese, and fries. OP should work on diversifying her diet.

sjwaste

Diamond Member
Aug 2, 2000
I can't stand people whose kids are picky eaters, so they let them eat nothing but chicken nuggets, mac and cheese, and fries. OP should work on diversifying her diet.

Dude. His kid had open heart surgery when she was like 4-5 months old. She's still catching up on the growth that she missed out on when she was tube fed. I think she can eat what the fuck she wants for a while. That sound ok?

Hacp

Lifer
Jun 8, 2005
Dude. His kid had open heart surgery when she was like 4-5 months old. She's still catching up on the growth that she missed out on when she was tube fed. I think she can eat what the fuck she wants for a while. That sound ok?

Excuses. The OP should learn to live like a man, not a pussy. His child is PAMPERED, period.

Sho'Nuff

Diamond Member
Jul 12, 2007
Seriously. Kudos to the teacher for being able to respond in calm, civil manner to someone as lunatic as the OP. It's like, "ok we get it, you and your wife make the decisions for your daughter. Want a cookie?" :rolleyes:

LOL, the more I read that conversation between OP and the teacher, the more I'm just laughing at it. I mean, the point he was trying to make is valid, I'll give him that, but his execution on it was just retarded. Way to state obvious facts to make it sound like you are oh so ticked off. And rofl at you trying to sound badass by using the word asinine.

OK. I'm a lunatic. You got me. What a terrible, terrible person I am. I deserve 1000 lashes with a wet noodle. I should be repeatedly butt raped with a spiked mace covered in pure capsaicin.

Or better yet, I deserve to be subject to 1000 more thinly veiled troll posts. The pain of that would be almost as excruciating.

Last edited:

Sho'Nuff

Diamond Member
Jul 12, 2007
Excuses. The OP should learn to live like a man, not a pussy. His child is PAMPERED, period.

You are trying too hard. A good troll post introduces one inflammatory point in a subtle way, so as to induce others to take the bait and get all bent out of shape. Although somewhat impressive, it is obvious that you are trolling when you include no less than 5 inflammatory points in a statement of merely 18 words.

Sho'Nuff

Diamond Member
Jul 12, 2007

I am ticked off. And I am a badass. Thanks for recognizing. I've been working on my badassery and its accoutrements. Glad to know my hard work is paying off.

Oct 20, 2005
OK. I'm a lunatic. You got me. What a terrible, terrible person I am. I deserve 1000 lashes with a wet noodle. I should be repeatedly butt raped with a spiked mace covered in pure capsaicin.

Or better yet, I deserve to be subject to 1000 more thinly veiled troll posts. The pain of that would be almost as excruciating.

Wow, are you an adult or still a kid? You sure sound like one with your replies.

/awaits for the next immature response.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
Why? You already said your portion for this is over. You took care of the forms earlier.

In this topic you are being self-centric about your kids, so it can't be that you want other parents to benefit from your discussion.

You are arguing just to argue. That or you like the sound of your voice. ;)

IIRC, the OP IS a lawyer...:sneaky:

Newbian

Lifer
Aug 24, 2008
My kid, my decisions.

So find a new daycare and just so you know a lot of schools are doing something similar.

Not as far as requiring a doctors note but simply refusing meals to be brought in from home because of health issues.

Last edited:

Sho'Nuff

Diamond Member
Jul 12, 2007
Wow. No wonder he comes off as an entitled snob.

LOL - yep. You nailed it. I'm an elitist schill who leeches off the misfortune of others. "Client development" to me involves chasing down the nearest ambulance, all the while hoping for the patient inside to be grievously (I mean, unfortunately) injured by a negligent third party. Through what must be nefarious deeds, I have scraped out a successful existence by standing on the backs of lowly peasants, quadriplegic babies, and other individuals qualifying for inclusion in the "poor and huddled masses" club, all the while crying "I'm important! Give me more stuff!"

Get real. I'm a patent attorney for cripes sake. My sole function is to help inventors protect their investments in costly R&D and counsel clients on intellectual property issues. As for entitlements, there are very few things that I think all people are entitled to. The ability to make decision for one's child is high on that very short list. Otherwise I am about as libertarian as one can get. I like my government small, and its power limited.

Last edited:

mvbighead

Diamond Member
Apr 20, 2009
So find a new daycare and just so you know a lot of schools are doing something similar.

Not as far as requiring a doctors note but simply refusing meals to be brought in from home because of health issues.

While I can certainly understand the points of both sides, at some point, each side has to look at each situation and come to their own conclusions.

This is indeed a very unique case, and his daughter is indeed a very unique snowflake (as some poster sarcastically put it earlier), and I mean that. A 15lb 1 year old needs to eat, period. Not eating is not safe. The daycare's policy most likely applies to the traditional 1 year old who ways 20ish lbs. The OP's daughter is already off to a slow start due to circumstances beyond her (and the OP's) control. Forcing the OP to go through someone else to authorize food for a child who clearly has not had the best start should not be necessary.

Hell, the daycare should simply improvise with their OWN supplies and continue feeding her that which she was eating to ensure she gains weight. Perhaps introduce new foods with old foods, but for there is no fucking reason to simply let her go hungry because she is unable to eat that which the other 365 day old children are eating. It's as if the transition from 364 days to 365 days somehow dictates in our genetic code that we must eat solid foods that other 365 day old children do. IT DOESN'T.

I'm with the OP. If my kid had to go through that, I'd like to think a daycare can bend a bit to accommodate the kid and help the parent. This ain't rocket science. It's giving a child the necessary nutrition to grow. I'd like to think that if my kid was in that situation, the daycare wouldn't give me flack about keeping some old things in her diet to ensure she gets extra (much needed) calories and nutrition.

AstroManLuca

Lifer
Jun 24, 2004
While I can certainly understand the points of both sides, at some point, each side has to look at each situation and come to their own conclusions.

This is indeed a very unique case, and his daughter is indeed a very unique snowflake (as some poster sarcastically put it earlier), and I mean that. A 15lb 1 year old needs to eat, period. Not eating is not safe. The daycare's policy most likely applies to the traditional 1 year old who ways 20ish lbs. The OP's daughter is already off to a slow start due to circumstances beyond her (and the OP's) control. Forcing the OP to go through someone else to authorize food for a child who clearly has not had the best start should not be necessary.

Hell, the daycare should simply improvise with their OWN supplies and continue feeding her that which she was eating to ensure she gains weight. Perhaps introduce new foods with old foods, but for there is no fucking reason to simply let her go hungry because she is unable to eat that which the other 365 day old children are eating. It's as if the transition from 364 days to 365 days somehow dictates in our genetic code that we must eat solid foods that other 365 day old children do. IT DOESN'T.

I'm with the OP. If my kid had to go through that, I'd like to think a daycare can bend a bit to accommodate the kid and help the parent. This ain't rocket science. It's giving a child the necessary nutrition to grow. I'd like to think that if my kid was in that situation, the daycare wouldn't give me flack about keeping some old things in her diet to ensure she gets extra (much needed) calories and nutrition.

I fully agree with this. Maybe the biggest issue with this whole situation is how inflexible the daycare is being. All these ATOT crusaders like to hate on schools for being "zero tolerance - zero intelligence" and refusing to consider situations on a case-by-case basis. But now basically the same thing comes up, and everyone has to rag on OP?

Buncha losers you guys are.

TheFamilyMan

Golden Member
Mar 18, 2003
LOL - yep. You nailed it. I'm an elitist schill who leeches off the misfortune of others. "Client development" to me involves chasing down the nearest ambulance, all the while hoping for the patient inside to be grievously (I mean, unfortunately) injured by a negligent third party. Through what must be nefarious deeds, I have scraped out a successful existence by standing on the backs of lowly peasants, quadriplegic babies, and other individuals qualifying for inclusion in the "poor and huddled masses" club, all the while crying "I'm important! Give me more stuff!"

Get real. I'm a patent attorney for cripes sake. My sole function is to help inventors protect their investments in costly R&D and counsel clients on intellectual property issues. As for entitlements, there are very few things that I think all people are entitled to. The ability to make decision for one's child is high on that very short list. Otherwise I am about as libertarian as one can get. I like my government small, and its power limited.

You're an educated, patent attorney. Fine. Gotcha. You still came off as an asshole to the teacher and the daycare. Just because *YOU* feel you could have worded something together to address their concerns doesn't mean you *SHOULD*. As a lawyer, you should have recongnized that one of your asshole compadres *FORCED* the daycare to have just such a form. If anyone on this planet should have recognized what this form really meant and not bitched and moaned about it, it should have been you.

This is the wonderful thing about lawyers...when they become bound by some of the inane bullshit they've forced into general day-to-day living, all gloves are off, Dr. Jekyll is put away, and Mr. Hyde surfaces.

Oct 20, 2005
I fully agree with this. Maybe the biggest issue with this whole situation is how inflexible the daycare is being. All these ATOT crusaders like to hate on schools for being "zero tolerance - zero intelligence" and refusing to consider situations on a case-by-case basis. But now basically the same thing comes up, and everyone has to rag on OP?

Buncha losers you guys are.

I'm only ragging on OP for the way he acts and responds. I already have said he has some validity in what he's arguing for, but he presents himself as a d-bag. He'd get more respect if he would just try to at least look at both sides of the argument. But nope, all he does is respond w/ some immature response to anyone who disagrees with him or gives a legitimate reason why the daycare does what they do. He comes off as someone who likes to argue for the sake of arguing...or just someone who rarely gets a chance to post a "rant" thread so he goes overboard with it.

Sho'Nuff

Diamond Member
Jul 12, 2007
You're an educated, patent attorney. Fine. Gotcha. You still came off as an asshole to the teacher and the daycare. Just because *YOU* feel you could have worded something together to address their concerns doesn't mean you *SHOULD*. As a lawyer, you should have recongnized that one of your asshole compadres *FORCED* the daycare to have just such a form. If anyone on this planet should have recognized what this form really meant and not bitched and moaned about it, it should have been you.

This is the wonderful thing about lawyers...when they become bound by some of the inane bullshit they've forced into general day-to-day living, all gloves are off, Dr. Jekyll is put away, and Mr. Hyde surfaces.

The form is not the issue. Who had to sign it is.