Damn Survivor...(spoiler for West Coast)

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

StormRider

Diamond Member
Mar 12, 2000
Originally posted by: Moralpanic
I don't really believe in IQ tests. To me, they are crutches to make people feel better about themselves if they haven't done that well in life. I don't see any correlation with high IQ tests and being successful or even acting "smart". I've seen lots of stupid acting people with high IQ tests. I don't admire that at all.

People with low IQ score usually say this to justify to themselves that they're not really dumb.

I wouldn't know -- I never took any IQ tests and I'm kind of afraid to take one. ;) But I generally do okay in most standardized tests that I've taken.

Let's take look at IQ scores. Heidi supposedly has a higher IQ score than Dave (the rocket scientist). What does this prove? Nothing. Dave could be just as good of a gym teacher than Heidi but I doubt Heidi could handle being a rocket scientist.

She just doesn't seem smart to me. A gym teacher is supposed to be concerned about health and fitness -- and yet she gets a boob job?

What does this have to do with health and fitness?

Boob jobs have been shown to have health risks. Also, have you ever seen a professional womens athlete with a boob job? Name one professional women's soccer player with a boob job. Name one professional women's basketball player. Name one women's sprinter. Boob jobs generally go against health and fitness.

[/quote]

She takes off all her clothes to get some peanut butter and chocolate -- and yet it is clearly obvious there was no need to do that. Based on past offers, all a person had to do was to jump off -- and they would get a food treat.

No, it's not 'clearly obvious' because you're wrong. They only have food offers every once in awhile... usually 15 mins i believe. Somebody took the reward offer before them, then Jenna said she would go naked for some chocolate and peanut butter... and they brought chocolate and peanut butter out.
[/quote]

In every past Survivor show, everybody who has quit the endurance challeges early has gotten a food item -- everybody. They always offer a new food item to entice the contestents to quit early.

EyeOfThe

Dec 7, 2001
My vote goes for Matt to win.

How could anyone vote for Jenna?? :disgust:

If I was stuck in the amazon and could choose one of them to help me survive... it would be Matt.

ggavinmoss

Diamond Member
Apr 20, 2001
Anyone who wanted to go home as late as the 2nd to last episode shouldn't have won. Especially 6-1. Very surprising.

-geoff

Joker81

Golden Member
Aug 9, 2000
Is it just me or did Heidi looked like frankenstein when she first came back to the jury after being voted off. I think she was making up for 39 days without make-up in one day. And whats with her hair at the reunion show. Its the new just got out of the Amazon hair. Ugly.

I think the girls looked better without makeup albeit scary thin.

Ohhhh man did Jenna ever gain some weight. She's almost looking like Monica Lewinski.

Matt looks kinda weird with his spiked up hair. At least he won a car and 100,000.

I was so glad she picked Rob to go home that was definitly a good thing.

I wanted matt to win. Im at least glad however that Rob didn't win although he was the best player he burned all his bridges.

FoBoT

No Lifer
Apr 30, 2001
fobot.com
Originally posted by: BDawg
Damn skeletwins, I can't stand them. Matt deserved to win this one.

they both sucked (the skeletwins)
anorexic sloots , just shows you, T&A will get you a long way in this world

i wish Rob had been able to stay on the post, he would have taken Matt and either one of them were ok, but jenna is a skankasourus rex

Rufio

Banned
Mar 18, 2003
Matt should have won.

Jenna didn't do crap.

Are they an item now?

What did Matt do to Alex, anyway? I think i zoned out of that episode.

StormRider

Diamond Member
Mar 12, 2000
Originally posted by: Noid
The Hiedi IQ cracked me up ...

The funniest part about you making fun of the Heidi IQ comment was how you butchered her name. ;)

I have to admit, the more I saw Jenna later in the game and on the reunion, the more I liked her. I still don't like her very much, but she did grow on me a little.

It really seemed like she was hanging off Matthew, even after she won. I wonder if she's getting rides on the crazy train.

Actually, Jenna grew on me a little too. She basically seems like a nice person. She didn't really betray anybody and she was loyal to her friends (which is a character trait I admire).

But I thought Matt really deserved to win. He was the hardest working Survivor. I'm shocked that only one person voted for him.

What's interesting is that now Matt is by far the most popular Survivor with a 93% favorable rating while Jenna is pretty low. Within the Survivor group, I always got the feeling that Matt was a bit of an outsider because everyone thought he was flakey.

StormRider

Diamond Member
Mar 12, 2000
Originally posted by: Rufio
Matt should have won.

Jenna didn't do crap.

Are they an item now?

What did Matt do to Alex, anyway? I think i zoned out of that episode.

I think Matt put the moves on Shawna and that's why Alex didn't like him. From the way they were being close with each other, it does seem there might be something between Matt and Jenna.

Stark

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2000
Originally posted by: StormRider
I don't really believe in IQ tests. To me, they are crutches to make people feel better about themselves if they haven't done that well in life. I don't see any correlation with high IQ tests and being successful or even acting "smart". I've seen lots of stupid acting people with high IQ tests. I don't admire that at all.

People with low IQ score usually say this to justify to themselves that they're not really dumb.

I wouldn't know -- I never took any IQ tests and I'm kind of afraid to take one. ;) But I generally do okay in most standardized tests that I've taken.

Let's take look at IQ scores. Heidi supposedly has a higher IQ score than Dave (the rocket scientist). What does this prove? Nothing. Dave could be just as good of a gym teacher than Heidi but I doubt Heidi could handle being a rocket scientist.

She just doesn't seem smart to me. A gym teacher is supposed to be concerned about health and fitness -- and yet she gets a boob job?

Boob jobs have been shown to have health risks. Also, have you ever seen a professional womens athlete with a boob job? Name one professional women's soccer player with a boob job. Name one professional women's basketball player. Name one women's sprinter. Boob jobs generally go against health and fitness.

She takes off all her clothes to get some peanut butter and chocolate -- and yet it is clearly obvious there was no need to do that. Based on past offers, all a person had to do was to jump off -- and they would get a food treat.

No, it's not 'clearly obvious' because you're wrong. They only have food offers every once in awhile... usually 15 mins i believe. Somebody took the reward offer before them, then Jenna said she would go naked for some chocolate and peanut butter... and they brought chocolate and peanut butter out.
[/quote]

In every past Survivor show, everybody who has quit the endurance challeges early has gotten a food item -- everybody. They always offer a new food item to entice the contestents to quit early.[/quote]

Holly McPeak is/was a pro beach volleyball player. She got a boob job to get more endorsements and still qualified for the olympics. pics

Noid

Platinum Member
Sep 20, 2000

I think Jenna was able to peak through / under .. her blindfold on the 2nd to last immunity he won.

That's just my thoughts ...

It won her a million ...

:p

Oh ... on the HEIDI name / butcher thingy ... I laffed (or should I type 'laughed' ... lol) so hard... It's just one of my many 'tpyos' ... heh

glad you all enjoyed it...

BDawg

Lifer
Oct 31, 2000
Originally posted by: Stark

Holly McPeak is/was a pro beach volleyball player. She got a boob job to get more endorsements and still qualified for the olympics. pics

Did she change her name to McPeak after the implants?

Marauder-

Platinum Member
Nov 29, 1999
I think Rob would have stood a decent shot of winning by not burning his last bridge. If he had convinced Alex to vote against the girls (I think Jenna b/c she had some prior votes) then it would have been up in the air. Alex had moronic reasoning when he was discussing that since the girls vote as a block that they should vote against one another should one of them score immunity. Then you would have Alex v Rob - w/ one less burnt bridge for Rob.

Matt (ally for most of the game),Christy (hates Alex),Deena (prior small alliance screwed by Alex) would probably vote for Rob.
The girls vote would not necessarily be for Alex since they would all be friends still.
Butch, Dave - up in the air

But by this breakdown, Rob just needs one more vote to win.

-----

But anyways, Jenna grew on me at the end too. I knew Matt had no chance since he only had good clear standing w/ Butch / Christy

911paramedic

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2002
Funniest thing at the reunion show (besides the evil step sister comment) was Rob talking about his new girlfriend.

"The good news is I have a new girlfriend and she's great"

"The bad news is, she doesn't trust a thing I say..."

LMAO, that was classic! :D

Sepen

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Kiyup
I hate everyone that watches this since it perpetuates its genre.

Reality shows SUCK!

Shove it up your ass. If you don't like it, don't bother posting here.

LOL, agreed!

BDawg

Lifer
Oct 31, 2000
Originally posted by: Marauder-
Now we can watch Amazing Race on the 29th! HEH

The only reality shows I watch are Survivor and Amazing Race, and I'm religous about those two!

Eli

Super Moderator | Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
I wasn't outraged or anything like that, lol...

StormRider

Diamond Member
Mar 12, 2000
Originally posted by: Stark
Originally posted by: StormRider

In every past Survivor show, everybody who has quit the endurance challeges early has gotten a food item -- everybody. They always offer a new food item to entice the contestents to quit early.[/quote]

Holly McPeak is/was a pro beach volleyball player. She got a boob job to get more endorsements and still qualified for the olympics. pics[/quote]

:Q I stand corrected! :D