Credibility alert! ************

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

GTKeeper

Golden Member
Apr 14, 2005
Originally posted by: Ocguy31
Originally posted by: BMW540I6speed
This is what it's gonna be like every weekday for the next four years. Rush has three frickkin' hours a day to fill with his particular brand of bilgewater. If someone's dog shits in a neighbor's yard somewhere, Rush is going to blame it on Obama or 'liberals'.

You mean like the lefties blaming the US for everything bad that goes on in the world?

For at least the last 3.5 years, no matter what happened on earth, we were responsible. I think the only thing that didnt get tied to us was Darfur, but i'm sure someone has done it.

Have you ever heard Rush say 'The GOP f-ed up...' The point is that this ultimate partisan hackery, which Rush excels at, is full of crap and un-true. But what's amazing is that the sheeple still follow him.

Harvey

Administrator<br>Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: HomerJS

Lets get some intellegent responses here.....

How does one forumulate an iIntellegent response to the demented ramblings of a drugged out whacko?

You mean like the lefties blaming the US for everything bad that goes on in the world?

For at least the last 3.5 years, no matter what happened on earth, we were responsible. I think the only thing that didnt get tied to us was Darfur, but i'm sure someone has done it.

That's because your Traitor In Chief and his criminal cabal of traitors, murderers, torturers, war criminals, war profiteers, Wall Street robber barrons and general incompetents ARE responsible for almost every problem faced by the United States and a large part of the world's problems for the last seven and a half years. They are literally the people who broke the world. :thumbsdown: :|

I'll be glad to post one of my foot long "macros" documenting how many of our current problems are the direct result of their crimes and incompetence if you'll promise to try to refute every one of them. If you can't, you may have to settle for the more appropriate acton of hanging your head in shame. :roll:

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
Are you kidding? Bush or Obama? That's ridiculous.

And you'd have to pay me good money to listen to Rush, dude.

OCGuy

Lifer
Jul 12, 2000
Originally posted by: Harvey

Lets get some intellegent responses here.....

How does one forumulate an iIntellegent response to the demented ramblings of a drugged out whacko?

That's because your Traitor In Chief and his criminal cabal of traitors, murderers, torturers, war criminals, war profiteers, Wall Street robber barrons and general incompetents ARE responsible for almost every problem faced by the United States and a large part of the world's problems for the last seven and a half years. They are literally the people who broke the world. :thumbsdown: :|

I'll be glad to post one of my foot long "macros" documenting how many of our current problems are the direct result of their crimes and incompetence if you'll promise to try to refute every one of them. If you can't, you may have to settle for the more appropriate acton of hanging your head in shame. :roll:

I needed a laugh this morning. Thanks!

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Originally posted by: Evander
For those who say Obama didn't contribute to the crisis, how would you respond to this video?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...tation_id=event_597487
I don't agree with that video's conclusion to support McCain, and I'm not saying Bush and McCain didn't contribute to the crisis, but I'd like to hear from Obama supporters what they think of the video

edit: for some reason I can't direct link to that video click this link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...FrdCJY&feature=related
and then click where it says "click here to play updated video"

edit 2: the above edit was working, but now it says video unavailable- stupid youtube. This works though:
http://www.leechvideo.com/video/view4393732.html

I'll take a stab at it. Video basiclly blames out current financial crisis on poor people and Dems passing the CRA. Here's a good article explaing why this crisis really happened...
article

And as for Obama contributing to the financial crisis you have as much evidence to that as I have because Rick Davis lobbied for Fannie and Freddy.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Originally posted by: Corbett
Credibility alert! ************

As if you had any to begin with after what you did in THIS THREAD

I've already answered this indicating I'm sticking to my original premise and choose not to believe that political wise and beautiful woman MM.

So let's assume your side for a minute and the recording is open to interpretaion...

What we are really dicking around about here is whether the n-word was yelled 100 or 101 times at Palin rallys. Do you really want to have that debate???

Corbett: See the n-word was only yelled 100 times. The GOP is not that bad!!!!!

heyheybooboo

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2007
Topic Summary: Rush Limbaugh says Obama is responsible for our economic problems

And 90% of Rush Limpball's genome is consistent with that of a rat ...

AFMatt

Aug 14, 2008
The financial downfall.. Let's see, housing market crashes, banks go down with it, credit is in the crapper, and meanwhile the market loses 30%+ in 6 months. The housing market crash can't be attributed to Bush, because he and others saw it coming long ago and couldn't get agreement from some certain congressional leaders.

For the rest, well, unless Obama gets legislation passed that prevents people from artificially inflating the stock market to make way for a huge payouts, causing a rift that filters down to businesses, the lowly little people, and well just about everything due to so many things being based off investments, I guess he will also be blamed for the financial issues we will still have 4 years from now.

Of course, when people see the stock market coming down, they get scared because the future looks bleak and go into money defense mode and dont buy stuff. GM can't sell enough cars to make money, what does gov't have to do with that? GM also took a HUGE hit from the housing market crash through GMAC. Shoot, I think GM has posted billion dollar losses every quarter since 2004. Again, what does the gov't or Bush have to do with it?

AIG and the like.. Their downfall is obviously poor fiscal management and there was nothing the gov't could have done to prevent them from failing. They decided to play the credit swap game and got burned because they got greedy. Not the fault of Bush or Congress.

Then again, it is likely the market will stabilize at it's realistic levels and Obama will be praised for all the work he didn't really do. Either way, I am sick of watching that rescue plan $ figure rise every damn day.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: AFMatt
The financial downfall.. Let's see, housing market crashes, banks go down with it, credit is in the crapper, and meanwhile the market loses 30%+ in 6 months. The housing market crash can't be attributed to Bush, because he and others saw it coming long ago and couldn't get agreement from some certain congressional leaders.

For the rest, well, unless Obama gets legislation passed that prevents people from artificially inflating the stock market to make way for a huge payouts, causing a rift that filters down to businesses, the lowly little people, and well just about everything due to so many things being based off investments, I guess he will also be blamed for the financial issues we will still have 4 years from now.

Of course, when people see the stock market coming down, they get scared because the future looks bleak and go into money defense mode and dont buy stuff. GM can't sell enough cars to make money, what does gov't have to do with that? GM also took a HUGE hit from the housing market crash through GMAC. Shoot, I think GM has posted billion dollar losses every quarter since 2004. Again, what does the gov't or Bush have to do with it?

AIG and the like.. Their downfall is obviously poor fiscal management and there was nothing the gov't could have done to prevent them from failing. They decided to play the credit swap game and got burned because they got greedy. Not the fault of Bush or Congress.

Then again, it is likely the market will stabilize at it's realistic levels and Obama will be praised for all the work he didn't really do. Either way, I am sick of watching that rescue plan $ figure rise every damn day.

BS

OneOfTheseDays

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2000
Damn Conservatards can't even wait until Obama gets sworn in before they start their massive distortion field known as the Conservative point of view.

AFMatt

Aug 14, 2008
Originally posted by: sandorski

BS

Sandorski, go ahead and show me specific examples of policies or legislation that shows how Bush (or gov't in general) caused banks to go under, caused the stock market to come tumbling down, caused auto makers (GM, etc) to lose massive amounts of money, and caused AIG and similar firms to gamble away all their/our money in high risk ventures that lost.
Be specific, because all of this pointing fingers to the person who happens to be in office at the time truly deserves your response of "BS."

BTW, this has nothing to do with being "conservative". I dont recall ever saying I was a conservative and/or a Republican. I will say I do find it a bit odd people want to blame government, thus point the finger at Bush, but ignore the fact it didn't start caving in until a while after Democrats had the majority and has only continued to decline even faster since. So unless you can point to some legislation they (Dems) tried to pass that would have helped, but got killed by Bush, go ahead and put your finger down or just point it at all of them.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: sandorski

BS

Sandorski, go ahead and show me specific examples of policies or legislation that shows how Bush (or gov't in general) caused banks to go under, caused the stock market to come tumbling down, caused auto makers (GM, etc) to lose massive amounts of money, and caused AIG and similar firms to gamble away all their/our money in high risk ventures that lost.
Be specific, because all of this pointing fingers to the person who happens to be in office at the time truly deserves your response of "BS."

BTW, this has nothing to do with being "conservative". I dont recall ever saying I was a conservative and/or a Republican. I will say I do find it a bit odd people want to blame government, thus point the finger at Bush, but ignore the fact it didn't start caving in until a while after Democrats had the majority and has only continued to decline even faster since. So unless you can point to some legislation they (Dems) tried to pass that would have helped, but got killed by Bush, go ahead and put your finger down or just point it at all of them.

Search past threads for thorough explanations of the cause of the current mess.

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
In terms of the more rational, the Limbaugh crapola is more mind over matter, the more rational simply ignore Limbaugh, under freedom of speech, we pay no heed to what Limbaugh says, so what he says does not matter to the rational. In terms of the 14 million ditto heads who hang onto every turd Limbaugh utters, its still a matter of mind over matter, but not as easy to dismiss as simply a joke, and perhaps a national tragedy that is one of the root causes of the GOP losing the elections of 2006 and 2008.

Any time one can lead that large of a percentage of the American people into having a totally distorted vision of reality, its a national danger, and somewhat the question becomes, who should bell the rat?
If anything, Limbaugh aids the democrats and disproportionally hurts the GOP, as the GOP feels compelled to pander to Limbaugh and Fox, and as a result, delivers exactly the bad public policy that causes
the GOP to lose elections.

As a believe in free speech, I have to question if applying the fairness doctrine is not a variant of exactly the censorship I oppose. But it may be possible to throw a monkey wrench in to the typical format.
Because the entire format of the Limbaugh type show puts Limbaugh in an absolute monopoly position of being the only voice, and almost any thinking person could have a field day debunking Limbaugh logic as a total contradiction in terms.

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: Lemon law

As a believe in free speech, I have to question if applying the fairness doctrine is not a variant of exactly the censorship I oppose. But it may be possible to throw a monkey wrench in to the typical format.
Because the entire format of the Limbaugh type show puts Limbaugh in an absolute monopoly position of being the only voice, and almost any thinking person could have a field day debunking Limbaugh logic as a total contradiction in terms.

That's why I say either equal time for opposing or yank Limbaugh, Hannity etc off our public airwaves.

Robor

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Nemesis 1
Ya we get it . What was that 1 senators vote on the issue? Enough said.

No, you don't get it because 1 vote on 1 issue is meaningless compared to the power of a 2 term president. I'll ask again, who has more blame for the current economic problems? A senator or the president for the last 8 years?

JohnnyGage

Feb 18, 2008
Originally posted by: dmcowen674

That's why I say either equal time for opposing or yank Limbaugh, Hannity etc off our public airwaves.

Because ABC, NBC, CBS, CNN, MSNBC, NYT, NY Post, Wash Post, etc.--aren't enough equal time for you. Nobody is forcing you to listen to Limbaugh or Hannity.

Like I told you before--free speech is sooo annoying.

AFMatt

Aug 14, 2008

Wait, so there are no "progresive"/liberal radio shows? Doesn't Alan Colmes have his own radio show? What about Air America? Dont forget the Al Franken Show, or Bill Press, or Stephanie Miller. Should we yank them all off the air too?
They can all use their shows to oppose anything that tool Rush Limbaugh says in his show. If people dont tune into their stations/shows, what makes you think any Rush fan would remain tuned into the station to listen to them follow his show? The "fairness" doctrine wont force people to listen to the opposing party's talk shows.

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005

Wait, so there are no "progresive"/liberal radio shows? Doesn't Alan Colmes have his own radio show? What about Air America? Dont forget the Al Franken Show, or Bill Press, or Stephanie Miller. Should we yank them all off the air too?
They can all use their shows to oppose anything that tool Rush Limbaugh says in his show. If people dont tune into their stations/shows, what makes you think any Rush fan would remain tuned into the station to listen to them follow his show? The "fairness" doctrine wont force people to listen to the opposing party's talk shows.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AFMatt misses the point, be the bat shit listener liberal or conservative, or be the bat shit talk show host liberal or conservative, exposing listeners to alternative viewpoints in the show format process is not a bad idea. The danger is and remains, a monotheistic viewpoint that bears little resemblance to reality, its the darkness that demagogic vampires thrive on, and letting some sunshine in is often
the best cure.

I have to often laugh at certain ditto heads who come on P&N, who come on P&N espousing various Limbaugh assertions, and almost always they come away amazed as the average P&N poster rips the dubious Limbaugh logic to shreds with little effort. And a similar case happens with dubious logic from the left.

Well reasoned arguments are one thing, bullshit should always be ripped asunder.
Failing that duty is and remains censorship also.

AFMatt

Aug 14, 2008

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AFMatt misses the point, be the bat shit listener liberal or conservative, or be the bat shit talk show host liberal or conservative, exposing listeners to alternative viewpoints in the show format process is not a bad idea. The danger is and remains, a monotheistic viewpoint that bears little resemblance to reality, its the darkness that demagogic vampires thrive on, and letting some sunshine in is often
the best cure.

I have to often laugh at certain ditto heads who come on P&N, who come on P&N espousing various Limbaugh assertions, and almost always they come away amazed as the average P&N poster rips the dubious Limbaugh logic to shreds with little effort. And a similar case happens with dubious logic from the left.

Well reasoned arguments are one thing, bullshit should always be ripped asunder.
Failing that duty is and remains censorship also.

Lemon Law, I see your point, don't get me wrong. My point is those same bat shit listeners will just void out the alternative veiwpoints regardless of where they are aired. I've known plenty of Rush listeners over the years and have seen more than once where someone would read or hear something and automatically discount it as BS 'cause on his show he said blah blah blah... If people prefer to remain ignorant and take what people like Rush, Hannity, Colmes, etc says as gospel, that's their problem. I would like to think there are enough people out there able to form their own opinions taking in arguments from both sides to counter balance them.
Now I realize the Fairness Doctrine never said they must provide equal time for contrasting views, just that they have something, but I still dont feel it should be in the hands of the government to determine what you must say on your shows or radio stations.

Deliximus

Aug 11, 2001
WTF? how can there POSSIBLY be 29 votes for Obama? HOW THE F*CK?

The guy isn't even sworn in yet. It's like saying McCain is responsible more than Bush. NOT POSSIBLE.

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Now I realize the Fairness Doctrine never said they must provide equal time for contrasting views, just that they have something, but I still dont feel it should be in the hands of the government to determine what you must say on your shows or radio stations.

What you Republican radicals fail to remember here is that the airwaves do not belong to you, they belong to the citizens of the United States not Republican controlled Corporations that puppet the likes of Rush, Hannity, Ingram and the rest out.

AFMatt

Aug 14, 2008

What you Republican radicals fail to remember here is that the airwaves do not belong to you, they belong to the citizens of the United States not Republican controlled Corporations that puppet the likes of Rush, Hannity, Ingram and the rest out.

"You Republican radicals"? Who said I was Republican? And a "radical" one at that?
Using your misguided argument: What the Democrats trying to push for a new fairness doctrine need to remember is the airwaves do not belong to them, they belong to the American people. As such, the American people have the right to choose what they want to listen to, and the government doesn't have the right to dictate what they hear on those shows (outside of FCC regulations to limit obscene material).

ScottMac

Moderator<br>Networking<br>Elite member
Mar 19, 2001

Dave: Buy a radio with a tuning knob and / or a power switch.

Crystal radios are a fun Cub Scout project, but for grownups, it's a little ridiculous.

Air America sucks, so it's (still) dying. Some (many/most/ nearly all) people don't want to listen to it, and won't.

PottedMeat

Lifer
Apr 17, 2002
Originally posted by: Deliximus
WTF? how can there POSSIBLY be 29 votes for Obama? HOW THE F*CK?

The guy isn't even sworn in yet. It's like saying McCain is responsible more than Bush. NOT POSSIBLE.

Desire for lulz made me vote 'Obama is responsible for our current economic problems'.